Homeland

Re: Homeland

Postby Magnum » 14 Nov 2014, 12:38

I'm kind of enjoying this season, though Carrie hooking up with that kid and Brody reappearance were a bit too much for me. I seriously covered my eyes when she was hooking up with him. Barf.
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby Theny » 17 Nov 2014, 22:14

Magnum wrote:I'm kind of enjoying this season, though Carrie hooking up with that kid and Brody reappearance were a bit too much for me. I seriously covered my eyes when she was hooking up with him. Barf.

It would be like you hooking up with _.

Next week should be great, interested to see how they handle this dipshit husband of the ambassador.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby nova » 23 Nov 2014, 23:00

Holy motherfucking shit
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Theny » 25 Nov 2014, 05:44

nova wrote:Holy motherfucking shit

Crazy episode. No way they lived through that, right?
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Magnum » 25 Nov 2014, 07:14

Theny wrote:
nova wrote:Holy motherfucking shit

Crazy episode. No way they lived through that, right?

I'm betting they did somehow. That was insane.
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby TheWolf » 01 Dec 2014, 10:09

I binge-watched the whole season in a 2 day span last week. The only thing I really had an issue with was the lame Brody cameo, but whatever. It's been a very entertaining series. Last 2 episodes were fantastic. I echo nova's "holy motherfucking shit" sentiment. While they clearly shouldn't have lived through that, I can't imagine them possibly killing them off and keeping the show going. There will be some lame-ass way that they survived, people will bitch about it being unrealistic, and then we'll resume enjoying the show when other awesome stuff starts happening and we forget how implausible their survival was. In any case, I'm anxiously awaiting next week's episode.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby nova » 01 Dec 2014, 11:10

TheWolf wrote:I binge-watched the whole season in a 2 day span last week. The only thing I really had an issue with was the lame Brody cameo, but whatever. It's been a very entertaining series. Last 2 episodes were fantastic. I echo nova's "holy motherfucking shit" sentiment. While they clearly shouldn't have lived through that, I can't imagine them possibly killing them off and keeping the show going. There will be some lame-ass way that they survived, people will bitch about it being unrealistic, and then we'll resume enjoying the show when other awesome stuff starts happening and we forget how implausible their survival was. In any case, I'm anxiously awaiting next week's episode.

I'm enjoying this season for this simple fact:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
There has not been any significant storyline where Carrie's in love. I understand that her relationship with Brody was key in the first few seasons but it got to be too much in Season 3. I think that she definitely owes the Pakistani dude some buns, but this is definitely an upgrade over last year.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Dthefritz » 01 Dec 2014, 23:14

TheWolf wrote:I binge-watched the whole season in a 2 day span last week. The only thing I really had an issue with was the lame Brody cameo, but whatever. It's been a very entertaining series. Last 2 episodes were fantastic. I echo nova's "holy motherfucking shit" sentiment. While they clearly shouldn't have lived through that, I can't imagine them possibly killing them off and keeping the show going. There will be some lame-ass way that they survived, people will bitch about it being unrealistic, and then we'll resume enjoying the show when other awesome stuff starts happening and we forget how implausible their survival was. In any case, I'm anxiously awaiting next week's episode.

Homeland has been utterly implausible from the get-go. The only problem is it won an emmy, and then people in season 2 got all huffy about the same plot holes because this shouldn't happen in PRESTIGE TELEVISION. It's basically 24 with higher quality writing and acting, and there's nothing wrong with that. I too binge-watched this season over T-Gives, and I am a fan.

The only problem is no Fara's dad. Can't they have a skype call so he can make some racist comments about how Pakistanis smell?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby TheWolf » 02 Dec 2014, 09:18

Dthefritz wrote:

Homeland has been utterly implausible from the get-go. The only problem is it won an emmy, and then people in season 2 got all huffy about the same plot holes because this shouldn't happen in PRESTIGE TELEVISION. It's basically 24 with higher quality writing and acting, and there's nothing wrong with that. I too binge-watched this season over T-Gives, and I am a fan.

The only problem is no Fara's dad. Can't they have a skype call so he can make some racist comments about how Pakistanis smell?

Completely agree. I don't understand why people want it to be plausible. It's TV; it's sole purpose is to entertain the masses. It does that incredibly well. If you want TV to be realistic, just watch the history channel or something. I've always considered this show to be an R-rated 24 (plus the better writing and acting, as you've said). That's all I want it to be. If it was plausible I wouldn't watch, because Carrie would have been sent packing in Season 1 and nothing ridiculous/exciting would ever happen.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby nova » 02 Dec 2014, 09:54

Why haven't we seen Claire Danes' titties yet? I'm banking on there having been a botched boob job.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby TheWolf » 02 Dec 2014, 10:06

nova wrote:Why haven't we seen Claire Danes' titties yet? I'm banking on there having been a botched boob job.

Doesn't seem like there's a hell of a lot there to see. But I am kinda surprised she hasn't shown them. In any case, gratuitous titties are definitely the only thing this show is missing. That ISI broad definitely needs to show us what she's got under there.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby klattamaniac » 02 Dec 2014, 10:13

TheWolf wrote:
nova wrote:Why haven't we seen Claire Danes' titties yet? I'm banking on there having been a botched boob job.

Doesn't seem like there's a hell of a lot there to see. But I am kinda surprised she hasn't shown them. In any case, gratuitous titties are definitely the only thing this show is missing. That ISI broad definitely needs to show us what she's got under there.

They need to find a way to incorporate Mrs Brody's tits into this season - they were the highlight of season one.
klattamaniac
Hope College Alum

Postby nova » 02 Dec 2014, 10:13

TheWolf wrote:

I'm not expecting Alexandra Daddarrio (Google Image Page; NSFW-ish) from True Detective titties here. Just something to whet the appetite. I feel like if I sat through Season 3, I deserve to see bush or tits.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby God Shamgod » 08 Dec 2014, 15:18

Quinn about to go beast mode.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Dec 2014, 15:22

nova wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I'm not expecting Alexandra Daddarrio (Google Image Page; NSFW-ish) from True Detective titties here. Just something to whet the appetite. I feel like if I sat through Season 3, I deserve to see bush or tits.

http://www.egotastic.com/2007/07/claire-danes-ni/
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to TV