Archer

Re: Archer

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Jun 2016, 05:35

About how the finale ended... (obviously spoils the season finale so don't read until you've seen it)

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
if this show isn't renewed I'm going to be pissed. This was a great season. The Archer Vice reboot sucked but this private investigator angle worked pretty well I thought. I'm just sad they went down to ten episodes from thirteen.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 03 Jun 2016, 06:49

Frank the Tank wrote:About how the finale ended... (obviously spoils the season finale so don't read until you've seen it)

if this show isn't renewed I'm going to be pissed. This was a great season. The Archer Vice reboot sucked but this private investigator angle worked pretty well I thought. I'm just sad they went down to ten episodes from thirteen.

The finale was spectacular. Definite spinoff potential for Archer and Archer (cyborg) series.

Of course, things got a bit dusty around Karate Manor for all the losses suffered by Kreiger.

Even if FXX passes on another season, I would imagine Netflix would love to add Archer under their umbrella.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby the cheese » 03 Jun 2016, 08:29

JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:About how the finale ended... (obviously spoils the season finale so don't read until you've seen it)

The finale was spectacular. Definite spinoff potential for Archer and Archer (cyborg) series.

Of course, things got a bit dusty around Karate Manor for all the losses suffered by Kreiger.

Even if FXX passes on another season, I would imagine Netflix would love to add Archer under their umbrella.

That right there is an obvious no-brainer. You would have to think that FXX wouldn't be stupid enough to let Adam Reed and the rest of the team out of the building if they still wanted to keep making episodes.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Jun 2016, 08:32

the cheese wrote:
JT99 wrote:

That right there is an obvious no-brainer. You would have to think that FXX wouldn't be stupid enough to let Adam Reed and the rest of the team out of the building if they still wanted to keep making episodes.

But, to play devil's advocate, is it hat stupid financially to cancel the show? They only had 760k live viewers last week. He quality of the show is not translating to $$$ for FXX.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby the cheese » 03 Jun 2016, 08:35

Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:
JT99 wrote:

But, to play devil's advocate, is it hat stupid financially to cancel the show? They only had 760k live viewers last week. He quality of the show is not translating to $$$ for FXX.

760K live viewers on basic cable is pretty solid though? I'm not up-to-date on my understanding of current Nielsen live data.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Jun 2016, 08:39

That number is low for an eighth-year show. Many shows have seven-year runs because the cast will sign a seven-season deal up front. At season eight you usually find the cast sitting on big salary demands. At 760k I doubt there are any raises to be had. If the cast agrees to re-up at expiring season seven terms I bet they bring them back, but they'd need to be drawing closer to 2 million to bring it back with big cast raises.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby the cheese » 03 Jun 2016, 10:02

Frank the Tank wrote:That number is low for an eighth-year show. Many shows have seven-year runs because the cast will sign a seven-season deal up front. At season eight you usually find the cast sitting on big salary demands. At 760k I doubt there are any raises to be had. If the cast agrees to re-up at expiring season seven terms I bet they bring them back, but they'd need to be drawing closer to 2 million to bring it back with big cast raises.

All good points. Outside of Benjamin, Parnell, Tyler, and Jessica Walters the rest of the voice cast are all nobodies from Atlanta, so I'd imagine they wouldn't want to upset the apple cart with a big salary demand. Even then, none of those people are too busy to take what, 5 days a year to record the show. The 88 episode threshold for syndication isn't a bright line anymore, but they probably would consider getting to 88 (they're at 80 now) in any decision making process.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Jun 2016, 10:06

:cryingJudyGreer:

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby the cheese » 03 Jun 2016, 10:08

Frank the Tank wrote::cryingJudyGreer:

She definitely needs the stable paycheck, considering that she hasn't had a job stick in a decade.

Married wasn't good. Come at me bro.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Rodney Farva » 04 Jun 2016, 02:51

The other important factor is how much they are spending on the animation. No idea how expensive that is.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Jun 2016, 18:20

Holy mother of fuck this is an intense Archer scavenger hunt.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 21 Jun 2016, 13:41

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Goose » 21 Jun 2016, 14:21

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Three more years! Three more years!

Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 21 Jun 2016, 20:54

Goose wrote:

I am excited about this, though disappointed each season will only be eight episodes. Still, considering it almost went away, I am viewing this as the glass 82% full rather than 18% empty.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 21 Jun 2016, 21:14

Frank the Tank wrote:
Goose wrote:

I am excited about this, though disappointed each season will only be eight episodes. Still, considering it almost went away, I am viewing this as the glass 82% full rather than 18% empty.

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

PreviousNext

Return to TV