Archer

Archer

Postby Briandong79 » 04 Apr 2011, 09:09

This show is good enough to warrant its own thread. Season 1 is on Netflix Streaming if anyone is interested in catching up. Might be the best voice cast of any animated show ever, every character is done just about perfectly. In my opinion, it's the best pure comedy since AD, though I still like Community better as a "show."

I can barely even watch Bob's Burgers though, it is weird hearing Archer's voice coming from the main guy.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Re: Archer

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 04 Apr 2011, 11:36

Briandean79 wrote:This show is good enough to warrant its own thread. Season 1 is on Netflix Streaming if anyone is interested in catching up. Might be the best voice cast of any animated show ever, every character is done just about perfectly. In my opinion, it's the best pure comedy since AD, though I still like Community better as a "show."

I can barely even watch Bob's Burgers though, it is weird hearing Archer's voice coming from the main guy.

The first season of Archer was fantastic. This season has been uneven. They've rallied the last couple of episodes, but there have been some stinkers in the mix. Still, Archer is one of only three sitcoms I watch. 30 Rock is still #1 for me, but Archer sometimes rises up and outdoes it.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Briandong79 » 04 Apr 2011, 11:37

Montecore's Revenge wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:This show is good enough to warrant its own thread. Season 1 is on Netflix Streaming if anyone is interested in catching up. Might be the best voice cast of any animated show ever, every character is done just about perfectly. In my opinion, it's the best pure comedy since AD, though I still like Community better as a "show."

The first season of Archer was fantastic. This season has been uneven. They've rallied the last couple of episodes, but there have been some stinkers in the mix. Still, Archer is one of only three sitcoms I watch. 30 Rock is still #1 for me, but Archer sometimes rises up and outdoes it.

I missed quite a few of the early Season 2 episodes, so that could account for my glowing reviews of it, it does sound like I missed some of the most uneven outings. The last 2 episodes have been great. I want an ocelot now.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 04 Apr 2011, 12:16

Danny, stop running! We gotta keep that heartrate down, buddy!

MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby the cheese » 07 Apr 2011, 09:33

Serioulsy, it's like Mousechwitz in there
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby NFL Outsider » 07 Apr 2011, 21:30

The episode where Archer was getting the bad chemo medicine and plays the Family Feud might have been one of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV.
Read http://thehaternation.blogspot.com or the terrorists have won.
NFL Outsider
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 08 Apr 2011, 02:03

Tonight's episode was my favorite so far of Season 2. I don't know what the hell was going on in the early-middle part of this season, but this show has more than rebounded. Great, great stuff.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Apr 2011, 07:43

Montecore's Revenge wrote:Tonight's episode was my favorite so far of Season 2. I don't know what the hell was going on in the early-middle part of this season, but this show has more than rebounded. Great, great stuff.

I didn't like it as much as last week, but it was nice to get back to a "mission" episode. Felt more like a Season 1 ep to me.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 08 Apr 2011, 08:18

NFL Outsider wrote:The episode where Archer was getting the bad chemo medicine and plays the Family gentle ball washing might have been one of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV.

Where on the board is "cum flavored spit"? Out of 100 randomly selected Americans surveyed...survey says????
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby White Lightning » 08 Apr 2011, 09:25

the cheese wrote:
NFL Outsider wrote:The episode where Archer was getting the bad chemo medicine and plays the Family gentle ball washing might have been one of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV.

Where on the board is "cum flavored spit"? Out of 100 randomly selected Americans surveyed...survey says????

The Family Feud reference was inspired.

EDIT: I always enjoy accidentally triggering the auto-correct.
Gregs Kite - Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 am: WL is funny, possibly a full blown alcoholic, and seemingly not a prissy dickhead.
White Lightning
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Apr 2011, 09:31

The site Warming Glow did a good breakdown of the obscure references on Archer, it really does a great job of jumping between all types of humor.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby White Lightning » 10 Apr 2011, 21:04

Briandean79 wrote:The site Warming Glow did a good breakdown of the obscure references on Archer, it really does a great job of jumping between all types of humor.

I think my favorite of the obscure references was Bartleby the Scrivener (which I did not get until reading Warming Glow - it was hilarious watching the show after reading that). "Not a lot of Melville fans. He's a tough read."
Gregs Kite - Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 am: WL is funny, possibly a full blown alcoholic, and seemingly not a prissy dickhead.
White Lightning
Etiquette Instructor

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 11 Apr 2011, 17:08

The inspiration for the ending to Terms of EnRampageMent

Terms of EnRampageMent and Lethal Weapon 5: best double feature ever?

ETA: it was cock-flavored spit, not cum-flavored.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Briandong79 » 12 Apr 2011, 12:26

White Lightning wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:The site Warming Glow did a good breakdown of the obscure references on Archer, it really does a great job of jumping between all types of humor.

I think my favorite of the obscure references was Bartleby the Scrivener (which I did not get until reading Warming Glow - it was hilarious watching the show after reading that). "Not a lot of Melville fans. He's a tough read."

I still think I like the Chekov's Gun reference the best, but I think that's because I actually got the joke the first time through, rather than Bartleby, in which I have no idea as I've never even heard of the book nor read any Melville.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 12 Apr 2011, 23:02

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Next

Return to TV