Sherlock

Re: Sherlock

Postby the cheese » 06 Jan 2015, 09:40

Frank the Tank wrote:Alright, just finished this one. Agree on the kudos, but less agree on the last two episodes. The wedding one was on track to be my favorite ever, but I have trouble getting over:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Oh, if you're wearing a tight belt, you're not likely to realize you're getting stabbed by a 15" blade! Of course you're going to fucking notice! Also, if that's how the killed murdered the queens guard, why did he wait until he was in the shower to start bleeding? Shouldn't he have burst like a fountain when he started getting undressed?

Then the final episode was going fantastic, though it seemed a little abrupt at the end. When you've only got three episodes per season, it's tough to keep spending time at the end of the last episode to set up a cliffhanger, and time at the first episode of the next season resolving it. Only gives you one episode to actually use the whole thing without addressing the transition between seasons.

Was hoping for more Irene Adler than we got in season 3. Hopefully she gets a much bigger role in season 4. I also hear they're going to do a one-off special between now and then?

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Sissi, the Hapsburg empress, was stabbed through a corset so tight that she didn't realize she'd been stabbed for several hours, and only realized she had been stabbed when she disrobed for the day. The corset restricted blood flow so much that she died almost instantly afterword. So it's possible.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 06 Jan 2015, 10:47

Does anyone ever say "no shite, Sherlock"?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 17 Mar 2015, 13:08

The Christmas special is going to be a one-off episode set in Victorian England. No connection to the current series except the actors. Could be good.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 12 Jan 2017, 10:40

First episode was a little disjointed, great finish though.

Second episode was the tits. Toby Jones was a great creep. Nice twist at the end too.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 12 Jan 2017, 10:41

No shit?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 16 Jan 2017, 00:00

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:No shit?

No shit!

And they stuck the landing.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TheWolf » 16 Jan 2017, 00:06

I was looking at movie listings today and saw there was a 7pm showing of the Sherlock season finale. Is this a thing? People go to the movie theater to watch TV? And this show is popular enough to warrant such a thing? I had no idea.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 16 Jan 2017, 09:30

TheWolf wrote:I was looking at movie listings today and saw there was a 7pm showing of the Sherlock season finale. Is this a thing? People go to the movie theater to watch TV? And this show is popular enough to warrant such a thing? I had no idea.

Sherlock has pretty devoted fans.

I think it's just assumed at this point that the GOT finale will be released to theaters.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 16 Jan 2017, 11:14

Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I was looking at movie listings today and saw there was a 7pm showing of the Sherlock season finale. Is this a thing? People go to the movie theater to watch TV? And this show is popular enough to warrant such a thing? I had no idea.

I think it's just assumed at this point that the GOT finale will be released to theaters.

That would be sick. How will it end?!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby TheWolf » 16 Jan 2017, 11:18

Briandong79 wrote:

Interesting. I just assumed it sucked because my MIL likes it and she seems to watch a lot of awful shows.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 16 Jan 2017, 11:23

TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

Interesting. I just assumed it sucked because my MIL likes it and she seems to watch a lot of awful shows.

It's enjoyable and each episode is around 90 minutes so they're basically movies
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Jan 2017, 08:26

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:No shit?

No shit!

And they stuck the landing.

I thought the final episode the weakest of all 13 they've done. Agree second episode this season was pretty good, even if the rationale for Sherlock doing what he did was forced.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Previous

Return to TV