The Event

Re: The Event

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 31 Mar 2011, 12:48

Frank the Tank wrote:I am now three episodes behind and am not terribly motivated to keep watching. Would your professional advice be:

(a) cut your losses and delete the shows from the TiVo
(b) don't delete them because it still has some potential, but you may want to hold off watching them until the show finds its direction, or
(c) definitely watch them now because the show is still really good, no matter what the ratings say
:?:

I would watch them. The show isn't "really good," but it's worthwhile if you've come this far. Also, I think the fact that the show will likely be cancelled actually ups the motivation to watch, because you know you're going to be done with the Event a month or so from now anyway. Might as well watch the whole show. I can tell you that they have greatly stepped up the timetable for revealing things to the point where I believe the writers are more or less counting on wrapping things up in one season (while also probably leaving just enough ambiguity in the finale in case the show somehow gets picked up).
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 May 2011, 15:55

I knew I should have given up on this show. It's been canceled. They're talking about trying to keep it going via Netflix? Please...
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 26 May 2011, 08:58

Just watched the final two episodes. The writers never did decide whether Sophia was a caring leader, a conflicted soul torn between terrible choices, or just an evil bitch. It seems like she was all of the above at least twice per episode near the end. Now it's not just about aliens needing a home, but it's about a prophecy as well? Glad this one's put out to pasture. F-octuple-minus.

I will never violate my "don't stick with a show that takes eight or more weeks off to retool" rule again.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Previous

Return to TV