The Walking Dead on AMC

Re: The Walking Dead on AMC

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Nov 2017, 12:07

Glad to see they are still able to do a classic Walking Dead filler episode.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby chrisco » 27 Nov 2017, 12:14

You people are like Bald in the Stern thread.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Nov 2017, 12:46

Briandong79 wrote:Glad to see they are still able to do a classic Walking Dead filler episode.

No spoilers! I expect to fall asleep to this watch this tonight or tomorrow night.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 27 Nov 2017, 12:50

Gregs Kite wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Glad to see they are still able to do a classic Walking Dead filler episode.

No spoilers! I expect to fall asleep to this watch this tonight or tomorrow night.

I dozed off a couple times last night, but powered through. It was a very slow episode, but had a couple of enjoyable moments.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
I liked Maggie's treatment of Gregory and her general ruthlessness toward the Saviors. Jesus needs to stop being such a hippy faggot.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 Nov 2017, 13:12

Did you guys see the casting news on Talking Dead? (I didn’t but I saw it on the Twitters)

Lennie James is leaving the show after this season and switching over to Fear the Walking Dead as the same character in flashback form.

Meh.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Nov 2017, 13:13

Frank the Tank wrote:Did you guys see the casting news on Talking Dead? (I didn’t but I saw it on the Twitters)

Lennie James is leaving the show after this season and switching over to Fear the Walking Dead as the same character in flashback form.

Meh.

I too saw it on Twitter.

It still wouldn't surprise me to have him come back to TWD as current Morgan. I still won't watch FTWD.

Most of the speculation I saw was that it was going to be Abraham.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 05 Dec 2017, 09:36

DId Eugene say "delivering a chomp-down on your choad"? :lol:
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 Dec 2017, 09:54

TheWolf wrote:DId Eugene say "delivering a chomp-down on your choad"? :lol:

I like how Eugene writes like he talks. What was the third column on his poor-man’s #spreadsheet? Something like “things of that I am thusly totally unaware”.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 05 Dec 2017, 09:59

Frank the Tank wrote:

I like how Eugene writes like he talks. What was the third column on his poor-man’s #spreadsheet? Something like “things of that I am thusly totally unaware”.

I think it was "Things I am unaware of wholly." Good call, though. I still thoroughly enjoy Eugene, despite his douche turn.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 Dec 2017, 10:04

TheWolf wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

I think it was "Things I am unaware of wholly." Good call, though. I still thoroughly enjoy Eugene, despite his douche turn.

When Eugene talks like an intelligent idiot, it can be entertaining. That’s Eugene. When the Scavengers can’t put together complete sentences, I want to throw stuff at the TV. The zombies eat people. They didn’t eat all the prepositions.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 05 Dec 2017, 10:09

Frank the Tank wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

When Eugene talks like an intelligent idiot, it can be entertaining. That’s Eugene. When the Scavengers can’t put together complete sentences, I want to throw stuff at the TV. The zombies eat people. They didn’t eat all the prepositions.

The Scavengers may be the worst collection of characters in TV history. They serve literally zero purpose, and there is no possible way to explain the way they talk. Why have they not all died in a fire yet?
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 11 Dec 2017, 09:16

That seemed like kind of an anti-climactic midseason finale, but I guess the final "death" counts as a pretty big deal.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 11 Dec 2017, 10:43

Briandong79 wrote:That seemed like kind of an anti-climactic midseason finale, but I guess the final "death" counts as a pretty big deal.

With 5 minutes left I said out loud to my TV, "When was the last time anyone of consequence died on this show? Move it along, AMC." I guess they listened. OK.

I agree though. Seemed like more should have actually happened in that episode.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Dec 2017, 09:38

Some good explosions and stuff, but now we’re going to be stuck with a bottle episode from the sewer to kick off the second half of the season where we get a 44 minute soliloquy of the virtues of staying pure in a topsy-turvy world yada yada yada. That’s going to be painful. If I were showrunner, here’s how I’d write the cold open of S08E09:

Camera slowly pans upward from Carl’s walker bite to his face. His eyes look blank as the virus is finishing its work. Death is imminent. Sweat pours from his brow.

CARL: “Dad. It’s okay. I would rather die doing the right thing than live in a world where I’ve lost faith. I have 38 things I need to tell y....”

A quick flash of steel cuts through the frame. Carl stops talking. After a slight hesitation, the diagonal cut of Michonne’s sword is clear as the top half of Carl’s head slides off the bottom, falling to the ground. Rick looks at Michonne, horrified.

MICHONNE: “Oh come the fuck on. I knew what he was going to say. You know what he was going to say. We all fucking knew what he was going to say. Sack up Nancy. Let’s get some plot movement up in this bitch.”

The string music cues in as the opening credits roll.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 12 Dec 2017, 09:41

Frank the Tank wrote:Some good explosions and stuff, but now we’re going to be stuck with a bottle episode from the sewer to kick off the second half of the season where we get a 44 minute soliloquy of the virtues of staying pure in a topsy-turvy world yada yada yada. That’s going to be painful. If I were showrunner, here’s how I’d write the cold open of S08E09:

Camera slowly pans upward from Carl’s walker bite to his face. His eyes look blank as the virus is finishing its work. Death is imminent. Sweat pours from his brow.

CARL: “Dad. It’s okay. I would rather die doing the right thing than live in a world where I’ve lost faith. I have 38 things I need to tell y....”

A quick flash of steel cuts through the frame. Carl stops talking. After a slight hesitation, the diagonal cut of Michonne’s sword is clear as the top half of Carl’s head slides off the bottom, falling to the ground. Rick looks at Michonne, horrified.

MICHONNE: “Oh come the fuck on. I knew what he was going to say. You know what he was going to say. We all fucking knew what he was going to say. Sack up Nancy. Let’s get some plot movement up in this bitch.”

The string music cues in as the opening credits roll.

I am 100% on board with FTT: Script writer.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to TV