LOST Season 6

Re: LOST Season 6

Postby firstborn » 26 May 2010, 23:24

Stupid ABC. someguy turns out you were lucky to not be "confused"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtra ... mages.html
jack_daniels - Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm: i disappointed a lot of chicks over the years, wouldnt be surprised
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby firstborn » 27 May 2010, 06:30

Montecore's Revenge wrote:College Humor's take on Lost's unanswered questions.

This is funny (and meant to make a point), but I think it also highlights one of the problems with some of the criticism about the show. While there is certainly a lot that was left unanswered, I feel like a decent number of the questions mentioned in this video had implied answers during the run of the series. I was talking to a friend who disliked the finale, and half of the "unanswered" questions he was pissed about had actually been answered in some form or other.

All of that being said, there are a few clunkers in there. One of the big ones for me was always - why did the Dharma Swan hatch countdown clock end with hieroglyphics? Doesn't that imply some kind of connection between the ancient Egyptian presence on the island and the modern Dharma folks, even if secret? Horace seemed to be in the know on that. That seems like a pretty significant connection, especially since the Others eventually wind up exterminating the Dharma Initiative.

(Double post because I can)

Answers: http://www.movieline.com/2010/05/rebutt ... stions.php
jack_daniels - Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm: i disappointed a lot of chicks over the years, wouldnt be surprised
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 27 May 2010, 10:38

firstborn wrote:(Double post because I can)

Bingo. I'm not sure I buy the Swan hieroglyphics answer (remember, Horace also had an ankh squirreled away secretly), and the timeline of the pregnancy answer doesn't quite work, but, even if we add those to the list, it's - what? - seven questions? The big point is that fans who were following the show closely for six years probably got most of these answers on their own. They may have been dissatisfied that the writers didn't spell it out for them, but I find that the same people who complain about that are often the same ones who complain about how explicit and unambiguous Christian's dialogue in the final few minutes was. So, you can't make everyone happy, especially with a show like this.

Also, I read somewhere that the producers STILL had to cut about 20 minutes of material from The End, even with the expanded length. These minutes will be restored on blue-ray and DVD. More "answers" are promised. This could just be BS to help sell the set, but, either way, one thing I'm absolutely convinced we'll see is the outrigger shootout originally seen in the time-traveling fifth season.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby someguysomewhere » 27 May 2010, 12:16

Montecore's Revenge wrote:
firstborn wrote:(Double post because I can)

Bingo. I'm not sure I buy the Swan hieroglyphics answer (remember, Horace also had an ankh squirreled away secretly), and the timeline of the pregnancy answer doesn't quite work, but, even if we add those to the list, it's - what? - seven questions? The big point is that fans who were following the show closely for six years probably got most of these answers on their own. They may have been dissatisfied that the writers didn't spell it out for them, but I find that the same people who complain about that are often the same ones who complain about how explicit and unambiguous Christian's dialogue in the final few minutes was. So, you can't make everyone happy, especially with a show like this.

Also, I read somewhere that the producers STILL had to cut about 20 minutes of material from The End, even with the expanded length. These minutes will be restored on blue-ray and DVD. More "answers" are promised. This could just be BS to help sell the set, but, either way, one thing I'm absolutely convinced we'll see is the outrigger shootout originally seen in the time-traveling fifth season.

I'm really glad they didn't go out of their way to go through a checklist of everything. Not at all necessary to the story; as that list showed most questions can just be answered with "the Island's magical, get over it" anyhow.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby paje » 27 May 2010, 14:12

I just read somewhere that some of the extended scenes on the DVD will include Hurley and Ben's time as leaders on the Island. I'm not sure what they'd show though, getting Desmond home to Penny maybe.

Regarding those unanswered questions, I seem to remember Hurley accidentially kicking that ash and breaking the circle. I think it was in season 4 when he was with Ben and Locke, I remember Ben being surprised Hurley could see the cabin. I think once the circle was broken it allowed MIB to escape the cabin. I don't know, I may be wrong about that.
paje
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 27 May 2010, 19:56

paje wrote:I just read somewhere that some of the extended scenes on the DVD will include Hurley and Ben's time as leaders on the Island. I'm not sure what they'd show though, getting Desmond home to Penny maybe.

Regarding those unanswered questions, I seem to remember Hurley accidentially kicking that ash and breaking the circle. I think it was in season 4 when he was with Ben and Locke, I remember Ben being surprised Hurley could see the cabin. I think once the circle was broken it allowed MIB to escape the cabin. I don't know, I may be wrong about that.

The timing of that footage would be odd. If it's just them figuring out how to send Desmond home right after Jack fixed the Source, I guess it could come before the Jack's death march / church portion. But, if not, the chronology would really mess with the end of the show.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby paje » 28 May 2010, 08:37

paje wrote:I just read somewhere that some of the extended scenes on the DVD will include Hurley and Ben's time as leaders on the Island. I'm not sure what they'd show though, getting Desmond home to Penny maybe.

The timing of that footage would be odd. If it's just them figuring out how to send Desmond home right after Jack fixed the Source, I guess it could come before the Jack's death march / church portion. But, if not, the chronology would really mess with the end of the show.

Agree the timing doesn't match up, I went back and looked up the article, its from an interview with the actor who played Ben. They call it an epliogue scene in the article. This actually may be something completely different than the extra 20 minutes from The End that you were referring to. I'll attached the link below, take it for whats it worth.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/27 ... /?hpt=Sbin
paje
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 28 May 2010, 13:45

paje wrote:

Agree the timing doesn't match up, I went back and looked up the article, its from an interview with the actor who played Ben. They call it an epliogue scene in the article. This actually may be something completely different than the extra 20 minutes from The End that you were referring to. I'll attached the link below, take it for whats it worth.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/27 ... /?hpt=Sbin

That's very interesting, thanks for the link. I had already pre-ordered the full series on blu-ray anyway, so I guess I'll get whatever it is. And, yeah, I would look forward to this because I'm an unabashed Lost nerd.

I can totally understand why they left it out, though: There's no good way to incorporate that into the show and still have Jack's death be the final shot of the series.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby someguysomewhere » 28 May 2010, 14:42

I can't lie. I'm cheering for that as a spin-off. Well, that or the Sawyer/Miles cop show.

In the alternative, I'll accept the pilot Terry O'Quinn is pitching with him and Emerson has suburban hit men.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Dunking Donut » 28 May 2010, 17:06

Say what you want about Lost but Michael Emerson can act his ass off. I'm sure he'll have no trouble getting a good gig.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Freddy Fernandez » 28 May 2010, 21:46

That doesn't make sense though, because the smoke monster was tearing up trees in the pilot episode and killing throughout seasons 1-3. Also, Jack saw his dad in season 1, Eko saw his brother in season 2, all when the MIB was supposedly "locked" in the cabin. That whole ash circle thing never made sense.

Same with the pillons surrounding Dharmaville. If Locke, Kate, and Sayid could just lean a tree up against it and climb over the top, why couldn't the smoker monster just go right over the top too?
"What're the best shoe/purse brands for the spring season?" ~jack_daniels
Freddy Fernandez
OG's sponsor

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 29 May 2010, 16:50

Now that I'm thinking about this, I wonder if the whole "deleted scene" thing will be an extended "Fantasy Island" gag, with Hurley as Mr. Roarke and Linus as Tattoo.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Jew Jitsu » 30 May 2010, 14:50

CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 30 May 2010, 14:57

Much better ending.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 19 Jul 2010, 17:19

More details on that bonus on the upcoming Lost DVD set. Looks like I can obsess about it in about a month.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

PreviousNext

Return to TV