Modern Family

Re: Modern Family

Postby Briandong79 » 14 Dec 2015, 09:40

#HotTake -- this has been the worst sitcom on ABC Wednesdays for awhile now.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Dec 2015, 11:43

Briandong79 wrote:#HotTake -- this has been the worst sitcom on ABC Wednesdays for awhile now.

The Middle is worse. Goldbergs is probably my favorite. i also kinda like that Fresh Off the Boat show even though it's pretty clear some executive went "Blackish with Asians, who says no?" and they plugged a schedule hole. Blackish when Larry F is heavily involved is great, when he's not it's kind of meh. Still better than Modern Family.

(is one of those not on wednesday? IDK, W.E., i agree with the premise that modern family kind of blows now)
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Dec 2015, 11:45

The Middle isn't bad, but I will admit that it's hard for me not to like a show with Janitor on it. Patricia Heaton also does "overbearing mom" well.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Dec 2015, 11:51

JichaelDick wrote:The Middle isn't bad, but I will admit that it's hard for me not to like a show with Janitor on it. Patricia Heaton also does "overbearing mom" well.

patricia heaton is the reason i dislike that show. janitor is fine. i like the kids.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Dec 2015, 11:54

SouthernYokel wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:The Middle isn't bad, but I will admit that it's hard for me not to like a show with Janitor on it. Patricia Heaton also does "overbearing mom" well.

patricia heaton is the reason i dislike that show. janitor is fine. i like the kids.

I can see that. The Goldbergs IS a good show--I regret not watching it on my flight from Memphis to Los Angeles in August, TBH. I still think it would be better if it were a show about District 5's goaltender, doe.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 14 Dec 2015, 12:06

JichaelDick wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

I can see that. The Goldbergs IS a good show--I regret not watching it on my flight from Memphis to Los Angeles in August, TBH. I still think it would be better if it were a show about District 5's goaltender, doe.

I still really enjoy ModFam. Mostly because the prospect of Phil.

This show ends next year with Hailey and Andy having a kid out of wedlock and moving somewhere to start the spinoff Moderner Family. I bet Jay dies too.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 14 Dec 2015, 12:08

the cheese wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

This show ends next year with Hailey and Andy having a kid out of wedlock and moving somewhere to start the spinoff Moderner Family. I bet Jay dies too.

I have watched a fair amount of Modern Family. Someone said to me "every episode is the same". After hearing that statement I realized it was true and it has affected my enjoyment of the show negatively.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 14 Dec 2015, 12:13

You guys watch all of the ABC sit coms? My god. Can we chip in and get you cable?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby the cheese » 14 Dec 2015, 12:13

mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

I have watched a fair amount of Modern Family. Someone said to me "every episode is the same". After hearing that statement I realized it was true and it has affected my enjoyment of the show negatively.

They have a formula, that's for sure.

That being said, the creators of the show supposedly hate each other and maintain two separate writers' rooms. The two staffs alternate episodes. The ones that are actually funny are almost entirely from Steve Levitan.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Dec 2015, 12:49

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:You guys watch all of the ABC sit coms? My god. Can we chip in and get you cable?

My wife enjoys these shows so i watch them. She loves the middle. :beatsme:
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 14 Dec 2015, 12:53

SouthernYokel wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:You guys watch all of the ABC sit coms? My god. Can we chip in and get you cable?

the whole time are you thinking, "I would rather be playing video games"
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Dec 2015, 13:34

mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

the whole time are you thinking, "I would rather be playing video games"

i don't believe that thought ever actually leaves my head
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Jan 2016, 16:38

According to this, the younger daughter was a 32F before she got reduction surgery
http://uproxx.com/webculture/ariel-wint ... surgery-2/
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Colonel Angus » 27 Jan 2016, 16:51

Briandong79 wrote:According to this, the younger daughter was a 32F before she got reduction surgery

I feel like that's been discussed around here before.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby CourtesyFlush » 27 Jan 2016, 17:03

Colonel Angus wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:According to this, the younger daughter was a 32F before she got reduction surgery

I feel like that's been discussed around here before.

One page back and you'll never believe who posted it (hint: the guy who looks like one of the characters)
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to TV