V

Re: V

Postby Fletch » 05 Nov 2009, 10:32

Rebuts below:

Dunking Donut wrote:Let me see if I can answer:
- I think it is only 13 episodes I thought this was a full-on series and not a mini-series?
- The original went from the first day or two to 3 weeks later as well Again, this is a new version; why does it have to follow the same outline/rules?
- re: Alan Turdyk, watch the previews for next week You got me there - didn't see them.
- The wheelchair guy was healed I know he was, but he was healed long before entering the church at that moment in his chair - why the need for dramatics with the priests? This was done more for the audience than the priests, and like I said, was just a nitpicky complaint.
- Perhaps the Visitor nickname was easier. Also, maybe they don't want people to know where they're from. This is probably a change from the original since we have planet detecting technology now. In the original they were near Sirius which isn't that far away. Sure, I guess, but wouldn't that be a very weird stance to take? Earthlings would become mighty suspicious, methinks.

It's sci-fi. A little suspension of disbelief. But I agree, it doesn't make up for hacky writing.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 05 Nov 2009, 10:35

I think they had to rush the first part because most of the audience is already going to be aware of the basic story of V. They needed to get that out there instead of dragging it out and losing viewers.

At the very begining, how did wheelchair guy get in the middle of the steps? Where is the ADA people to force that church to build a ramp?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby NFL Outsider » 07 Nov 2009, 14:33

I believe Sharpe has it right. They would have lost viewers if they waited until Episode 6 -- or something -- before doing the reveal. So they had to go pretty quickly. The original had them integrating with the Earthlings for a while before we found out that they were lizards.

Strong first episode, though. So are you guys saying that Alan Tudyk comes back? So the Visitors cannot die? That is going to make them tough to fight. Still, I am on the bandwagon right now.
Read http://thehaternation.blogspot.com or the terrorists have won.
NFL Outsider
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Dunking Donut » 24 Nov 2009, 09:06

Mother-daughter combo anyone?

At least the resistance has finally come together.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby CourtesyFlush » 24 Nov 2009, 09:08

Dunking Donut wrote:Mother-daughter combo anyone?

YES
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Fletch » 24 Nov 2009, 10:53

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dunking Donut wrote:Mother-daughter combo anyone?

YES

3rded. Can't decide who I like more...
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby NFL Outsider » 28 Nov 2009, 17:23

I am cool with the four episodes. Thought it went over pretty well. I'm not sure I like the whole, "This is just the beginning." Because honestly, how are we going to defeat all of those ships?
Read http://thehaternation.blogspot.com or the terrorists have won.
NFL Outsider
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 28 Nov 2009, 18:48

Have Jeff Goldbloom upload a virus to the mothership's computer.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Frank the Tank » 07 Dec 2009, 08:48

Fuck the plot. Hot alien Lisa is all you need to make this show a winner.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 07 Apr 2010, 09:09

Anyone still watching this? I'm a week behind, but the first episode back was terrible. I'm worried that the long layoff plus a weak return could be bad for this show that's on the bubble.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 07 Apr 2010, 09:23

I'd imagine the show is d-u-n.

I watched the first four episodes. But the long break, and that bullshit with the "V" during LOST last week probably dooms them. I tried to watch the return episode over the weekend. Made it 10 minutes in and realized I didn't care. Probably re-watching the original in SyFy didn't help me either.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Apr 2010, 09:25

i would drill that short haird chick thats on all the commercials. i havent seen the show, and wont, but i want that broad
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby CourtesyFlush » 07 Apr 2010, 09:40

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I'd imagine the show is d-u-n.

I watched the first four episodes. But the long break, and that bullshit with the "V" during LOST last week probably dooms them. I tried to watch the return episode over the weekend. Made it 10 minutes in and realized I didn't care. Probably re-watching the original in SyFy didn't help me either.

The break's going to kill it. I have the first two return eps on DVR but haven't watched them yet. They'll probably yank the rest soon and show them during the summer.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Fletch » 07 Apr 2010, 10:12

I seen all the eps. Prior to last night's, I was getting to the point where I really didn't care, either. It's not a very good show. Last night's didn't change all that much, but it was pretty actiony and actually got some shit done. I'll still watch prolly, but I don't really care if it's cancelled.

The CGI on this show is brutal sometimes. I understand network TV and cost of production is probably already sky high, but c'mon - be creative or something. I cringe every time someone is walking around on the alien ship.
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby dlpin » 07 Apr 2010, 17:31

I tried to like this but ended up giving up on it. The attempt to update the politics of it all is just too heavy handed. The original had the whole "rise of nazism" thing that while unoriginal, is more of an universal theme. The current one is just throwing whatever buzzwords of the day are out there. "Universal health care," "hope."
dlpin
Rocky Balboa

PreviousNext

Return to TV