FlashForward

FlashForward

Postby firstborn » 24 Sep 2009, 08:02

Are enough people going to watch Flash Forward that we should create a thread for it already or is that just me hoping a little too much that it will be of Lost-like quality?
jack_daniels - Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm: i disappointed a lot of chicks over the years, wouldnt be surprised
firstborn
Site Admin

Re: Random Thoughts - TV Edition

Postby Fletch » 24 Sep 2009, 08:41

firstborn wrote:Are enough people going to watch Flash Forward that we should create a thread for it already or is that just me hoping a little too much that it will be of Lost-like quality?

I'm DVRing it. Hope it's good, but my sense is that it's really not.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby chrisco » 24 Sep 2009, 08:44

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
firstborn wrote:Are enough people going to watch Flash Forward that we should create a thread for it already or is that just me hoping a little too much that it will be of Lost-like quality?

I'm DVRing it. Hope it's good, but my sense is that it's really not.

If its one of the 1 in 10 high concept scifi lite dramas that end up being good, I'll get into it after season 1. No point in starting a show like this right now. It's not like ABC won't rerun the hell out of it if it does well.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 24 Sep 2009, 09:01

DVR. Will give it a shot.

Don't be so sure on ABC rerunning it in full. I remember after Lost Season 1, they showed some episodes over the summer, but not all. I had to torrent season 1 to make sure I saw it all before season 2 started.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby TVF wannabe » 24 Sep 2009, 09:06

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:DVR. Will give it a shot.

Don't be so sure on ABC rerunning it in full. I remember after Lost Season 1, they showed some episodes over the summer, but not all. I had to torrent season 1 to make sure I saw it all before season 2 started.

How many years ago was that? These days its different besides you can always watch it online.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Dick Hertz » 24 Sep 2009, 09:40

I have it set up to DVR as well.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 24 Sep 2009, 09:47

firstborn, my good friend, i dont intend on watching it. LOST is all I can handle in the drama TV department right now. And I have no idea whats even going on when I watch that show...
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 24 Sep 2009, 22:23

Very intrigued after the first episode. Going to watch the whole series unless the ratings are real bad. Won't continue with it if it looks like it won't survive.

My favourite of the new shows I've seen so far.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dick Hertz » 26 Sep 2009, 10:35

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:

Very intrigued after the first episode. Going to watch the whole series unless the ratings are real bad. Won't continue with it if it looks like it won't survive.

My favourite of the new shows I've seen so far.

I got around to watching it one day after it aired. I wonder if they will keep it in the same time slot because I watched the Office and Sunny on the DVR on Thursday, then got around to watching FF on Friday night.

I like the concept. They kept it interesting, not too sappy and not too much action.

The ending was pretty good. Nice to see Detroit and the Tigers get some love this week. From showing the one person who made it through the "shock" to having Comerica Park on the cover of SI.

I think the 5 minute montage at the end of the episode may have given away too much of what is to come, but I'm going to watch it until it turns bad.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 26 Sep 2009, 10:45

It will be interesting to see if they are able to flesh out the characters any. Right now there is no real reason to care about any of them.

Interesting peek into the new V miniseries during one of the ad breaks. Although I read they are going to show four episodes in November and the remaining nine in March.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Re: Flash Forward

Postby Frank the Tank » 26 Sep 2009, 10:59

I decided to split out a thread since I've heard good things about the show but I want to keep the spoilers out of random thoughts since I'll usually be several days behind in watching.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby OJ8871440 » 26 Sep 2009, 11:04

Just saw the premiere last night, tough time slot on Thursdays as I'm already DVR'ing NBC and CBS at 8 so hopefully this gets moved to say Tuesday where there's nothing on that I watch.

Solid start although I have this bad feeling this is ABC's next "The Nine".
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa

Postby Freddy Fernandez » 27 Sep 2009, 23:18

There was an Oceanic billboard in the background when the guys were doing surveillance in the car. I really liked the premiere and wish I didn't watch the 5 minute "What to expect this season" at the end of the episode. They gave away way too much information.

But I am in, for now.
"What're the best shoe/purse brands for the spring season?" ~jack_daniels
Freddy Fernandez
OG's sponsor

Postby Dick Hertz » 28 Sep 2009, 10:43

Did anyone catch the Seth MacFarlane cameo? I couldn't figure out why he was in there
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Oct 2009, 09:30

Dick Hertz wrote:I think the 5 minute montage at the end of the episode may have given away too much of what is to come, but I'm going to watch it until it turns bad.

GPIA. I have two major concerns right now: (1) the whole pre-destined future thing rarely seems to work. Like in Lost when Faraday said that you can't change the future it seemed a little forced. Once you take free will out of the equation it makes it harder to justify characters' actions without making it seem corny. How they handle this will be the defining characteristic of the show's first season. (2) It seems like they're headed towards resolving this in pseudo-real time. They can have the FlashForward events happen at the beginning of May sweeps and then spend the last few eps of the season showing the fallout. However, how do they then carry this forward for a second season? Is each season going to start with a blackout and a FlashForward?
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Next

Return to TV