Sons Of Anarchy

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Jul 2015, 09:37

nova wrote:I've been binge watching this show, and I regret being too far in to checkout. It was a much better show before the school shooting.

That is all.


What got you interested in this show to begin with? It seems very....not your type of show.

Also, do you have time to do a character power rankings? Interested where you rank Damon Pope.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23769
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby nova » 24 Jul 2015, 11:08

Gregs Kite wrote:
nova wrote:I've been binge watching this show, and I regret being too far in to checkout. It was a much better show before the school shooting.

That is all.


What got you interested in this show to begin with? It seems very....not your type of show.


Yeah, I'm surprised too. I hate critically acclaimed television shows.

Power rankings would have Damon Pope somewhere near the bottom. I didn't like anything about him. He's almost as bad as Tara or when Jax says the word "family".

Best characters, in my opinion, are Chibs and Opie.

Show should have been on Showtime or HBO. Need to see these slags bare breasted.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25500
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby NotAndyGreenwald » 25 Jul 2015, 11:00

nova wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
nova wrote:I've been binge watching this show, and I regret being too far in to checkout. It was a much better show before the school shooting.

That is all.


What got you interested in this show to begin with? It seems very....not your type of show.


Yeah, I'm surprised too. I hate critically acclaimed television shows.

Power rankings would have Damon Pope somewhere near the bottom. I didn't like anything about him. He's almost as bad as Tara or when Jax says the word "family".

Best characters, in my opinion, are Chibs and Opie.

Show should have been on Showtime or HBO. Need to see these slags bare breasted.


As resident TV nerd, I can only advise you to jump ship before it''s too late.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
If you hear "Greensleeves", it is waaaay too late.
mj3528 » 03 Dec 2015, 22:34 something rarely said, but NAG was right.

Gregs Kite - Yesterday, 20:56: Is NAG _ v2.0?
User avatar
NotAndyGreenwald
Rocky Balboa
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: 07 Apr 2015, 11:08
Location: drunk

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 Jul 2015, 09:35

NotAndyGreenwald wrote:As resident TV nerd


Whoa there fella. On a board full of TVholics it takes some stones to appoint yourself to that position. Slow down sparky.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31562
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby BigJohnStudd » 27 Jul 2015, 17:31

Frank the Tank wrote:
NotAndyGreenwald wrote:As resident TV nerd


Whoa there fella. On a board full of TVholics it takes some stones to appoint yourself to that position. Slow down sparky.


He said "nerd," not "goon."
User avatar
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit
 
Posts: 3772
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 00:01

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby nova » 28 Jul 2015, 08:38

I lied. My favorite character in this show - by a long shot, too - is Happy. He's a delightful psycho. Kind of a motorcycle gang version of God Shamgod but less creepy.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25500
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby nova » 30 Jul 2015, 11:23

NotAndyGreenwald wrote:
nova wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
nova wrote:I've been binge watching this show, and I regret being too far in to checkout. It was a much better show before the school shooting.

That is all.


What got you interested in this show to begin with? It seems very....not your type of show.


Yeah, I'm surprised too. I hate critically acclaimed television shows.

Power rankings would have Damon Pope somewhere near the bottom. I didn't like anything about him. He's almost as bad as Tara or when Jax says the word "family".

Best characters, in my opinion, are Chibs and Opie.

Show should have been on Showtime or HBO. Need to see these slags bare breasted.


As resident TV nerd, I can only advise you to jump ship before it''s too late.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
If you hear "Greensleeves", it is waaaay too late.



Just got to the Greensleeves episode.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
You mean to fucking tell me that this is all going to come undone because the kid heard Gemma? This can't be life.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25500
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby nova » 04 Aug 2015, 15:40

Finished the series. Definitely a second tier show behind The Wire and Breaking Bad but definitely worth watching. Here are my official power rankings of the show's characters:

1. Happy Loman - delightful maniac
2. Opie Winston - I know he had to die to advance the story but fuck you. Minus poiints for wifing a porno star
3. Otto Delaney - didn't realize that this was the show creator. Obviously gave himself the best scenes
4. Nero - railed out Jax's mom for awhile, probably railed out Wendy when they go to the the farm.
5. Tig Traeger - the SOTSG version of -BJS
6. Chibs - fucking the sheriff was cool but he should have let Ratboy get a piece when he fucked her in the garage #aintnofun
7. Jax Teller - hate hate hate the way he says family. My fowmle. almost fucked his sister
8. Abel - that nigga looks like a future school shooter.
9. Gemma - got annoying as the show went on. Liked to suck dick, doe.
10. T.O. - wish the Grim Bastards got more air time. Black biker gangs/crews are an interesting subculture

HM: Deputy Hale

The bottom 5? Juice, Tara, Wendy, Margaret Murphy, Unser
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25500
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Aug 2015, 19:04

nova wrote:Finished the series. Definitely a second tier show behind The Wire and Breaking Bad but definitely worth watching. Here are my official power rankings of the show's characters:

1. Happy Loman - delightful maniac
2. Opie Winston - I know he had to die to advance the story but fuck you. Minus poiints for wifing a porno star
3. Otto Delaney - didn't realize that this was the show creator. Obviously gave himself the best scenes
4. Nero - railed out Jax's mom for awhile, probably railed out Wendy when they go to the the farm.
5. Tig Traeger - the SOTSG version of -BJS

6. Chibs - fucking the sheriff was cool but he should have let Ratboy get a piece when he fucked her in the garage #aintnofun
7. Jax Teller - hate hate hate the way he says family. My fowmle. almost fucked his sister
8. Abel - that nigga looks like a future school shooter.
9. Gemma - got annoying as the show went on. Liked to suck dick, doe.
10. T.O. - wish the Grim Bastards got more air time. Black biker gangs/crews are an interesting subculture

HM: Deputy Hale

The bottom 5? Juice, Tara, Wendy, Margaret Murphy, Unser


4) The one bad thing about Nero was whenever he was on screen you could tell everyone else sucked at acting by comparison.
5) :lol:
7) I'm still surprised they hired a Brit to play that role. He generally did a good job hiding it though. I think accents are harder to hide when you're screaming (i.e. Oldman in The Dark Knight: "THEY KNEW WE WERE COMING!")
8) If there were 4230 actors during the series' run, he wouldn't crack top 5000.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31562
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby Briandong79 » 04 Aug 2015, 22:09

Just started to watch Undeclared and was shocked to realize the smooth British roommate was Jax Teller. Didn't even know he was a Brit.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31147
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby NotAndyGreenwald » 05 Aug 2015, 06:55

Briandong79 wrote:Just started to watch Undeclared and was shocked to realize the smooth British roommate was Jax Teller. Didn't even know he was a Brit.


undeclared isn't bad! but i am ashamed to say it that i only started it because greenwald used to spooge all over it.
mj3528 » 03 Dec 2015, 22:34 something rarely said, but NAG was right.

Gregs Kite - Yesterday, 20:56: Is NAG _ v2.0?
User avatar
NotAndyGreenwald
Rocky Balboa
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: 07 Apr 2015, 11:08
Location: drunk

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 May 2016, 13:25

2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31562
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby Gregs Kite » 11 May 2016, 14:44

Frank the Tank wrote:SoA spinoff Mayans MC moves to script development.

Will probably give it a shot.


Sutter failed miserably with whatever that medieval show was. Hopefully this is more in his comfort zone.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23769
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby Dthefritz » 16 Oct 2016, 19:43

Watched the first 6 episodes of this show, and I'm having a lot of trouble seeing what the big deal is. It seems like a perfectly fine show about tough guys being tough guys, but the lead is such a fucking zero. What, was Fabio not available to grow a beard and have some 250 pound dudes with lumberjack beards inexplicably in awe of him? Unlike say, Michael Pitt in Boardwalk Empire, he doesn't have the talent to suggest a deeply troubled person underneath the generically handsome face.

Maybe it's just misdirection, but by this point they've pretty much telegraphed that Hellboy and Leela conspired to kill his dad after he had doubts about the gang. I'm already cringing at the idea of that assclown Kurt Cobain wannabe facing them down with his superpowers of shitty acting.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7488
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby Gregs Kite » 17 Oct 2016, 06:33

Sounds like this has been a tremendously good use of your time.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23769
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PreviousNext

Return to TV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests