Sons Of Anarchy

Sons Of Anarchy

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 Sep 2009, 14:23

Just jumped on this last night. Love it so far. Ordinarily I jump into these critically acclaimed series well past their prime because I'm so totally not like you mainstream homosexuals, but I'm liking this so far and curious to see who else is on board with it and what they think of the premiere.

Couple caveats: I've only seen the last half hour or so of last season, so I still need to watch for the backstory. And I'm stunned at all the talent in this. The beast from Beauty and the Beast, the scarred dood from Gladiator, the cripple from Remember the Titans, and of course Peggy Bundy. Discuss.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Re: Sons Of Anarchy

Postby chrisco » 09 Sep 2009, 17:45

I got into it this summer. First season was a lot of fun. To me this is a great ridiculous show.

How's that for discussion?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby God Shamgod » 09 Sep 2009, 20:16

chrisco wrote:I got into it this summer. First season was a lot of fun. To me this is a great ridiculous show.

Great show.

I didn't realiZe that the guy that plays Jacks is british.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby chrisco » 10 Sep 2009, 07:15

God Shamgod wrote:
chrisco wrote:I got into it this summer. First season was a lot of fun. To me this is a great ridiculous show.

Great show.

I didn't realiZe that the guy that plays Jacks is british.

Yeah, he belongs on the McNulty All Stars.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Oct 2009, 15:13

Starting to become interesting. Lots of interweaving going on, which could end up good or bad. Jax vs. Clay seemed tedious, but seems to be picking up steam, coupled with the, umm, helpful law enforcement in the area.

Zobelle's daughter is hot. I like the Irish dude influence on the periphery, hopefully they add to things.

One minor annoyance. Just because they can say shit, and apparently only shit, doesn't mean they always have to say shit. Sometimes seems forced.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby God Shamgod » 20 Oct 2009, 22:39

Best show on TV right now
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby chrisco » 20 Oct 2009, 23:01

God Shamgod wrote:Best show on TV right now

I'm going in the other direction on this right now...plot needs to tighten up and some of these guys need to remember how to act. Clay and Jacks had to have had the worst staged fight on TV outside the WWE tonight.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Prez » 27 Oct 2009, 18:42

I'm jumping on board, downloading season 1 now...
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby God Shamgod » 28 Oct 2009, 19:11

Tom Arnold doesn't play
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby chrisco » 28 Oct 2009, 20:22

God Shamgod wrote:Tom Arnold doesn't play

This has been my favorite use of Tom Arnold since Austin Powers. Last night's ep got things back on track for me. Hopefully they will keep the momentum going.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Prez » 29 Oct 2009, 20:50

Almost done with the first season, I like this show a lot.
I wonder how realistic the story lines are, I ride a motorcycle occasionally but never knew anyone who was in a club.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby chrisco » 29 Oct 2009, 20:53

Prez wrote:Almost done with the first season, I like this show a lot.
I wonder how realistic the story lines are, I ride a motorcycle occasionally but never knew anyone who was in a club.

This show has to be the most unrealistic thing I have seen since Prison Break. These guys break 8 laws a week. The best part is in season 2 you start noticing how poorly the olders dudes move when pulling off some of their capers.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Prez » 06 Nov 2009, 00:35

I'm all caught up. I'm a little disappointed with the direction of the second season, the split between Clay and Jax is pushing storylines that are so far fetched, the show is losing any link to reality.
It's funny how every time Unser or Hale are asked about a crime in Charming, the response is "I have no evidence, but I know who did it"
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Prez » 11 Nov 2009, 11:20

Pretty decent episode even though it was obvious that Gemma would spill the beans on her rape to bring Clay and Jax together.
Payback on Weston should be good.
Prez
The MAWG

Postby NFL Outsider » 12 Nov 2009, 18:59

But it was done consistent with her character. There was no other way for the writers to go, and it sets up some kick ass possibilities in the future. In particular, killing Henry Rollin's character.

And does anybody else get the feeling that Rollins loves playing cops and Nazi's a little too much? He really gets into those roles and nails them perfectly.
Read http://thehaternation.blogspot.com or the terrorists have won.
NFL Outsider
Smartest Guy In The Room

Next

Return to TV