Better Off Ted

Re: Better Off Ted

Postby Dick Hertz » 03 Jan 2010, 12:33

Yeah, it's not a bad show, a good midseason way to waste some time.

I like all of the main characters, hot ladies and good geeky dudes is a good mix.

The last episode, about the sexual harassment being a "disease" like alcoholism was the best one of the new season so far.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Fletch » 03 Jan 2010, 14:51

Frank the Tank wrote:Just finished watching all but one of the season 2 shows to date. This show is fantastic. I think it's even better than Modern Family, and is giving 30 Rock a good run for my favorite comedy on TV. Too bad ABC only thinks it's worth broadcasting during off-hours and will probably be canceled. I see Entertainment Weekly is already starting a "save the show" campaign. I hope it succeeds, though they almost never do.

We DVR this and have seen all of this season's shows, but I think it's slowly getting worse. There are a few good to great moments in each show, but I'm find it more hackneyed as it goes along and not nearly "wrong" enough. Though, as Hertz said, the sexual harassment show was pretty good. I'll still watch, but won't be all that sad to see it go.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Jan 2010, 14:58

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Just finished watching all but one of the season 2 shows to date. This show is fantastic. I think it's even better than Modern Family, and is giving 30 Rock a good run for my favorite comedy on TV. Too bad ABC only thinks it's worth broadcasting during off-hours and will probably be canceled. I see Entertainment Weekly is already starting a "save the show" campaign. I hope it succeeds, though they almost never do.

We DVR this and have seen all of this season's shows, but I think it's slowly getting worse. There are a few good to great moments in each show, but I'm find it more hackneyed as it goes along and not nearly "wrong" enough. Though, as Hertz said, the sexual harassment show was pretty good. I'll still watch, but won't be all that sad to see it go.

Hmmm, I actually thought it was finding it's rhythm, getting a little bit better.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Jan 2010, 17:49

Happened upon this show last night, had never actually watched it, very funny. Sort of a Scrubs-ish vibe mixed with AD. I might have to give this one another shot.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 20 Jan 2010, 17:57

Don't get used to it. ABC is burning off episodes as fast as they can. It's as good as gone.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Jan 2010, 19:12

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Don't get used to it. ABC is burning off episodes as fast as they can. It's as good as gone.

IMS is right. It deserves better, but the way ABC is running through it I think we're just going to have to be happy with the 34 or so episodes they'll crank out before they're yanked. NBC should grab it. Lord knows they're desperate for content.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Previous

Return to TV