Life and Times of Tim

Life and Times of Tim

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Oct 2008, 22:18

Anyone watch the premiere of The Life and TImes of Tim? It's minimalist animation with an improv feel to the comedy. I thought it was reasonably funny. I'll watch next week, but I'm not convinced yet it has legs.

I'll split this into its own thread if it gets any traction.
Last edited by Frank the Tank on 12 Dec 2008, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changing thread title
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Re: Rank HBO shows

Postby Dick Hertz » 05 Oct 2008, 11:32

Frank the Tank wrote:Anyone watch the premiere of The Life and TImes of Tim? It's minimalist animation with an improv feel to the comedy. I thought it was reasonably funny. I'll watch next week, but I'm not convinced yet it has legs.

I watched it, not bad and it's good enough for me to watch another episode. The animation reminds me a little bit of Beavis and Butthead, drawn on some beginner animation program that you can get pre-installed on your computer.

I think it will turn into something good, which means I think it's got gamey legs.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Oct 2008, 08:13

Dick Hertz wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Anyone watch the premiere of The Life and TImes of Tim? It's minimalist animation with an improv feel to the comedy. I thought it was reasonably funny. I'll watch next week, but I'm not convinced yet it has legs.

I watched it, not bad and it's good enough for me to watch another episode. The animation reminds me a little bit of Beavis and Butthead, drawn on some beginner animation program that you can get pre-installed on your computer.

I think it will turn into something good, which means I think it's got gamey legs.

Four episodes in I love this show. I finally watched last Sunday's episode where Tim confesses that he whacked off to the mental image of his girflriend's family's asses in the restroom at church and was laughing my ass off the whole time. I strongly recommend this show.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Dick Hertz » 25 Oct 2008, 09:36

Frank the Tank wrote:
Dick Hertz wrote:

Four episodes in I love this show. I finally watched last Sunday's episode where Tim confesses that he whacked off to the mental image of his girflriend's family's asses in the restroom at church and was laughing my ass off the whole time. I strongly recommend this show.

I'm sold as well. I haven't watched the 4th show yet, but probably will pretty soon. It's on my list of shows to watch, but it doesn't quite get the "I have to watch it tonight" rating that the Office and South Park get.

Only one thing annoys me about Tim. He is drawn like and sounds like Ray Romano from Everybody Loves Raymond. Not that I can't get over it.

The girlfriend and her family are priceless and all the shit he does around her Mom is golden.

This show definitely has gamey legs.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Oct 2008, 09:47

I noticed the Ray Romano mannerisms as well. This Dildarian guy definitely uses the same delivery and had a similar tone in his voice. However the differing content is enough to help me draw a distinction. If there had been an Everybody Loves Raymond about standing up at your girlfriend's sister's wedding and objecting because she was Raymond's bitch then it would be quite a rip off.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

The Life and Times of Tim

Postby God Shamgod » 11 Dec 2008, 22:08

Anyone else into this show? It's hilarious. I fucking lost it with the story about Tim getting raped by a bum. The priest is a great character as well. I like the two episode format.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Re: The Life and Times of Tim

Postby Colonel Angus » 11 Dec 2008, 22:43

Never heard of it.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Dick Hertz » 12 Dec 2008, 01:17

Love this show.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Durden » 12 Dec 2008, 11:17

God Shamgod wrote:Anyone else into this show? It's hilarious. I fucking lost it with the story about Tim getting raped by a bum. The priest is a great character as well. I like the two episode format.

i decided to give it a shot before i went to sleep last night and watched the first one. i didn't think the first episode with the prostitute was that great, but "bum-rape" one was definitely hilarious. gamey legs, indeed.
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.

2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room

Re: Life and Times of Tim

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 12 Dec 2008, 11:19

what channel is it on?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby nova » 12 Dec 2008, 11:20

Untouchable wrote:what channel is it on?

HBO
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby SouthernYokel » 12 Dec 2008, 11:21

Untouchable wrote:what channel is it on?

the hbo.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Return to TV