According to Jim

Re: According to Jim

Postby Brick Tamland » 20 Jun 2008, 08:12

I think this may have been posted before, but it's well worth revisiting again: Norm MacDonald hijacks Conan's interview of Courtney Thorn Smith... Norm rules.
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby DirtDawg » 23 Jun 2008, 15:05

What is your favorite episode of AtJ?

Mine is the one where while they're out for dinner and a movie, Jim loses a parking spot, and later loses Cheryl when he can't let go of it.
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby mister bacon » 23 Jun 2008, 15:22

mine is when a guy who is a packer fan comes to visit. hilarity ensues!
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby SouthernYokel » 23 Jun 2008, 15:29

my favorite is when someone tells Jim that thin crust is better than chicago deep dish. a-whhhhhhhaaaaaatttt?????
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 23 Jun 2008, 15:41

My favourite is whn Jim puts some guy in a coma during a game of 16-inch softball.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby mister bacon » 23 Jun 2008, 16:00

another one i love is when they go to a cubs game, and jim leaves his seat to use the bathroom.. he comes back and catches the ball, but his fly is open!

god that was hilarious!

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 23 Jun 2008, 16:03

mister bacon wrote:another one i love is when they go to a cubs game, and jim leaves his seat to use the bathroom.. he comes back and catches the ball, but his fly is open!

god that was hilarious!

ha that's hilarious! how embarassing that must have been.
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 23 Jun 2008, 16:06

Untouchable wrote:
mister bacon wrote:another one i love is when they go to a cubs game, and jim leaves his seat to use the bathroom.. he comes back and catches the ball, but his fly is open!

god that was hilarious!

ha that's hilarious! how embarassing that must have been.

i know! i like how it kept getting replayed on the news! so awesome!

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby DirtDawg » 23 Jun 2008, 19:34

Oohh ooooh, here's another favorite episode: Jim's pizza delivery boy moves in with him and Cheryl after the boy's father kicks him out of the house because of his dream of doing standup comedy.

Wow, that is some really edgy shit there!
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby NFL Outsider » 22 Jun 2010, 18:31

One show defined a generation. Another could quite possibly be the best show on television right now. Today, you Outsider compares one of the two biggest groundbreaking shows in generations. Let’s go to the tale of the tape for …

Justified vs. According to Jim

Leading men
We first noticed Timothy Olyphant for his spot-on portrayal of a drug dealer in the cult classic, Go. Olyphant might be playing the same character he played in Deadwood, but he gives a Tour de Force performance Raylan Givens. A U.S. Marshall torn between loyalty, family and his inner demons. Hard to think of a better character on television right now.

But think of these titles: Curly Sue, Mr. Destiny, K-9 and Red Heat. He starred opposite a dog and Arnold Schwartzenwhatever and lived to tell about it. Some may say that Jim Belushi is living off his brother’s name. But somebody living off his brother’s name would have made Blues Brothers 2000.

He did not.

But if you look at those above movies and still, somebody gave him his own network TV show. That is amazing.

Winner: According to Jim. This is Belushi’s world, we are just living in it.

The Women
Joelle Carter (Ava) hot. Natalie Zea (Winona) hot. Hell, Erica Tazel (Rachel) hot.

But people, we are talking Courtney Thorne Smith. The girl from Revenge of the Nerds II that you fantasized about. You wanted to be Mark Harmon in Summer School just so you could bang her. (She was also in some iconic 90s TV show, too, I think.) And sure, some might say that you could walk down the strand in Huntington Beach and find 100 chicks hotter than she is. But, she was in Summer School.

And let’s not forget, Kimberly Williams-Paisley is the hottest chick married to a country star not named Faith Hill. Seriously, I love these Williams sisters.

Winner: According to Jim.

Supporting Cast
Walton Goggins was at his best playing Shane in The Shield. I hated Shane. But I think that was the point.

Larry Joe Campbell is a real-life Lions fan playing a Bears fan.

Draw.

Plot Lines

Justified’s Givens is trying to clean up his hometown in Kentucky, while exploring relationships with his father, ex-wife and some other hot piece. According to Jim makes fat jokes about Larry Joe Campbell.

And we are looking at a kill per episode for Justified.

Plus, did anybody notice during the season finale that Olyphant looked in a car window and gave the same “WTF?” look that he gave to Adam and Zack in Go? That was just me?

Winner: Justified.

Cultural Impact
Justified is on an obscure network nobody watches, and only seems to exist for those of us who really like to watch television and well-written shows. But According to Jim led to millions, upon millions of people to ask, “Who the (expletive) is watching According to Jim?”

Sad, but true. For the fifth through ninth season, According to Jim did not jump higher than 90th in the ratings. And if you don't think that is important, the producers of Still Standing would like a word with you. Because really, it is the same show.

You can say that According to Jim didn't break any ground, but it will be a case study on how TV executives just do not care. They will rubber-stamp any white-bread show. But think about this. Do you know one person who watched According to Jim? If you did, it was likely one more person that watches Justified. Sorry, that is the truth. FX just does not get the ratings.

Winner: According to Jim.

So According to Jim wins 3-1-1.
Read http://thehaternation.blogspot.com or the terrorists have won.
NFL Outsider
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Bricks » 22 Jun 2010, 23:26

:lol: Dude, that was fucking awesome =D>

See, some of you thought I was crazy making that bizarre According To Jim comment in the ShoutBox (and it was bizarre, I'll be the first to admit it made no sense). There's method to the madness Sonz. I had a feeling...I had a feeling it would prompt greatness. Just not THIS level of greatness.
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby Brick Tamland » 22 Sep 2010, 17:13

Annnnnnnnddddddd............HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby ctz31 » 08 Oct 2010, 08:55

DirtDawg wrote:If you subtract the worthless writing, the awful acting, the ham-fisted directing, and the laughably implausible set up for "According to Jim", it wouldn't be a half-bad show.

Disagree. This is always on when I go to the gym, and I enjoy it. I like things I don't have to think about. Bricks, you have another ally, wherever you are.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby OJ8871440 » 10 Oct 2010, 05:32

Brick Tamland wrote:Annnnnnnnddddddd............HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!

The first two episodes actually weren't that terrible, Jerry O' Romijn is limited and Raylan Givens' ex-wife is on the show. Worth it if you have a lot of free time
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa

Postby chrisco » 28 Feb 2017, 18:45

So between last year and this, Kirk Cousins is going to make $44 million thanks to franchise tags. How crazy is that????
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to TV