Rank HBO shows

Re: Rank HBO shows

Postby Briandong79 » 25 Jul 2017, 12:41

mister bacon wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
JT99 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I peeped episode one of bacon-approved Big Little Lies. I kinda like it. Will finish the series. I think its likely geared towards woman. I'm in.

I peeped the pilot yesterday too. Will finish.

It's all about petty women, pretty much the same as posting here, really.

I binged this thing yesterday, its damn good. They play the mystery well, you could see any of them being the killer or the killed.

We finished this. Really enjoyed it. That Reese Witherspoon is a ball of fire!

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
i don't know why but the whole season I thought it was a dead child, not adult. I'm an idiot.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
I wouldn't say idiot. That's how well they plotted the mystery, you could've seen anybody as the victim or persecutor.

milf central also made the story go down easier. it was great and i'm glad you enjoyed it.

I watched Episode 1 of this. I was very whelmed. We'll see how I feel once we get a little deeper into it. Shailene Woodley does it for me for some reason.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 26 Jul 2017, 20:07

My biggest takeaway through 3 episodes: are there no bugs in California? The amount of time they all spend with doors wide open to the outdoors is baffling to me.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Jew Jitsu » 26 Jul 2017, 22:36

Has there been a bigger fruit on tv than Reese witherspoons second husband in this series?
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 26 Jul 2017, 22:58

Jew Jitsu wrote:Has there been a bigger fruit on tv than Reese witherspoons second husband in this series?

I guess the peachoid in House of Cards is a close second.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Aug 2017, 09:13

Jew Jitsu wrote:Has there been a bigger fruit on tv than Reese witherspoons second husband in this series?

No, I don't think so.

The show ended up growing on me. I think it was a bit too Reese Witherspoon heavy early, who I thought was one of the weaker links on the show.

Nicole Kidman has a better body at 50 than she did at 20. Definitely PEDs.

The mystery/structure was really cool. They probably ended up killing the most obvious person to kill but it was nicely done.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby God Shamgod » 06 Aug 2017, 15:21

Briandong79 wrote:

This looks really good.

This was really good. I didn't know much about Iovine other than the name. Worked with so many artists.

That picture of Suge Knight playing football at Jimmy's house with JFK Jr.

The 95 Source Awards. Dre signing Em. ALl great stuff.

ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby chrisco » 07 Aug 2017, 08:42

Cosigned. The third episode was treemendous, but the whole thing is great.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby paje » 07 Aug 2017, 10:24

chrisco wrote:Cosigned. The third episode was treemendous, but the whole thing is great.

I enjoyed the first two episodes more than the last two, but I thought the whole thing was tremendous. The number of people that got to interview for this thing was really impressive.
paje
Another dude worth meeting

Postby ctz31 » 07 Aug 2017, 10:27

paje wrote:
chrisco wrote:Cosigned. The third episode was treemendous, but the whole thing is great.

I enjoyed the first two episodes more than the last two, but I thought the whole thing was tremendous. The number of people that got to interview for this thing was really impressive.

This looks interesting and i enjoy stories about musical individuals. I will peruse this potentially.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby God Shamgod » 07 Aug 2017, 12:55

Did wish they gave Fif a little more than a passing mention. He made a lot of money for those guys.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby chrisco » 08 Aug 2017, 13:54

God Shamgod wrote:Did wish they gave Fif a little more than a passing mention. He made a lot of money for those guys.

The Mogul podcast did a good episode on 50 Cent. I think its the fourth one:

https://gimletmedia.com/show/mogul/all/
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby ctz31 » 14 Aug 2017, 09:50

ctz31 wrote:
paje wrote:

This looks interesting and i enjoy stories about musical individuals. I will peruse this potentially.

I watched this over the weekend. Good stuff. I had a lot of thoughts to post about as i perused but have forgotten them all. Oh except i had no idea a stevie nicks was a chick. who names their daughter stevie? The jim lavine stuff bored me for the most part. i more enjoyed the stuff about the black people.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby God Shamgod » 14 Aug 2017, 09:58

I enjoyed Snoop doing his white guy voice talking about the Rolling Stones magazine.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby ctz31 » 14 Aug 2017, 10:01

God Shamgod wrote:I enjoyed Snoop doing his white guy voice talking about the Rolling Stones magazine.

Yea, snoop was hilare. "nigga, i don't give a fuck about no rolling stone"
ctz31
#nnf

Postby paje » 14 Aug 2017, 14:34

My favorite guy was Alonzo, the club owner who Dre got his start DJing for. He was also in the world class wrecking crew with Dre. His reason for being in the group was that there was just too much pussy around to not be in the group, and his job was the lead keyboard holder. Didn't know how to play the motha fucker, but looked damn good holding one.
paje
Another dude worth meeting

PreviousNext

Return to TV