The Clone Wars

The Clone Wars

Postby WampaOne » 12 Feb 2008, 08:19

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/ne ... ement.html

It is on! The Clone Wars debuts in theatres on August 15th in the US, then Cartoon Network and TNT will air 30 minutes episodes weekly.

If it is as good as the first 2 Clone Wars series, it?s going to kick ass

2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Re: The Clone Wars

Postby Adam Carolla » 12 Feb 2008, 17:41

WampaOne wrote:http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html

It is on! The Clone Wars debuts in theatres on August 15th in the US, then Cartoon Network and TNT will air 30 minutes episodes weekly.

If it is as good as the first 2 Clone Wars series, it?s going to kick ass

Yeah, I've probably watched those Samurai Jack Clone Wars 200 times, minimum. I love them so hard. I was trying not to get to fired up about these new ones...

she didn't help:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

...but this news about the theatrical release is really sucking me in. So I guess I'm now fully on board, like a giant sucker. It gives me a chance to take my oldest, and that couldn't be more awesome.

--boring kid talk--
Boy number one (whose initials actually are AC, unlike mine) loves them and everything SW like crazy. He was only 1 when ROTS hit, so I'm all kinds of fired up about taking him to this now that the news broke. Number two (DC) loves StarWars a disturbing amount at 18mo - I guess because AC does so much. He's no genius or anything, but lately he's been playing with his brother's Galactic Heroes while making lightsaber/blaster noises and he even rolls off a few notes of the Obi theme and the duel of the fates theme here and there - also because AC is always humming them. It's the cutest thing ever.
--end boring kid talk--
Adam Carolla
Another dude worth meeting

Location: Bringing this ice cream maker all the way from Bespin to pegs near you in 2009.

Postby WampaOne » 13 Feb 2008, 07:40

Adam Carolla wrote:--boring kid talk--
Boy number one (whose initials actually are AC, unlike mine) loves them and everything SW like crazy. He was only 1 when ROTS hit, so I'm all kinds of fired up about taking him to this now that the news broke. Number two (DC) loves StarWars a disturbing amount at 18mo - I guess because AC does so much. He's no genius or anything, but lately he's been playing with his brother's Galactic Heroes while making lightsaber/blaster noises and he even rolls off a few notes of the Obi theme and the duel of the fates theme here and there - also because AC is always humming them. It's the cutest thing ever.
--end boring kid talk--

:sniff: =D>
I sense the Force is strong with your kids

And for the non-initiated, on AC pic, the Jedi with Anakin is her apprentice, Padawan Ashoka.

WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby WampaOne » 13 Jun 2008, 09:37

The second trailer is even better than the first one, I think this will be huuge...It´s weird seeing Warner Bros logo on a Star Wars thing though.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809991325/video/8273357

WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby mrclean » 13 Jun 2008, 12:16

What's the relation of this new Clone Wars to the one that was on CN a few years ago? Is it supposed to be 'untold stories', or a sequel...?
mrclean
Another dude worth meeting

Postby WampaOne » 13 Jun 2008, 15:00

mrclean wrote:What's the relation of this new Clone Wars to the one that was on CN a few years ago? Is it supposed to be 'untold stories', or a sequel...?

My guess is, its a story that takes from the point where Anakin is knighted in the Jedi Order (when they cut his padawan hair stuff, at the very beginning of season 2 of the cartoons) and before him and Obi-Wan start that campaing that takes them to the planet where the Techo Union was doing experiments with the locals.

WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby WampaOne » 05 Aug 2008, 15:38

SouthernYokel wrote:
bosux191820042090 wrote:wampa: what is the deal with this animated 'clone wars' movie?

seriously, wtf? and was christopher lee the only person they got from the live action movies to do the voice overs? seems like a cash grab to me.

I liked those 10 Reasons the Clone Wars TV Series is going to rule

This has potential to be very good, it could bomb as The Phantom Menace though. I remember reading somewhere that is actual fans doing the storyline, not the usual gang of yeassayers Luca$ usually hires...The other cartoon series didn' t have many of the actual actors doing voices, but the replacements are very similar, except for the Darth Sidious. Anthony Daniels is in too.

August 15th in the theatres, then 100 episodes on TV! And then to the live action series.

WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby WampaOne » 21 Aug 2008, 09:01

8 posts, 6 by me! yay Clone Wars thread!

Believe or not, I was actually underwhelmed by this. It´s too childish at times, and during the long battle sequences, I kind of doze off. Too many lines repeated too. The other Clone Wars series, I guess, since it was 3 minutes and then 10 minutes, it was kind of cool to hear people repeat lines from their movies, but there´s so much Everything is going as planned from Count Dooku or an All too easy from Anakin that you can take. Other minor pet peeve that I hope will be corrected during the 100 episodes run: I want to see storylines, plots, dialogue, lines, from characters, Jedis etc, that are not Obi-Wan and Anakin. There´s a bunch of those, normally we only see them for 3 seconds in the movies, but they have have their own action figures, 5 pages of EU backround, the whole deal. Now´s the time Luca$! Actually, more elaborated real strategies in the fightings would be cool, it all seemed to childish, especially since I´ve been spoiled by so many good and realistic war movies the pasts years.

On the plus side, the kidnapping plot was ok. I didn´t have a problem with Jabba´s cousin and the baby though. I agree with Farva that Asohka was kind of boring, but I guess, they have some good stuff in line for her during the whole series. There was at least one great shout out to the hardcore fans - when Obi-Wan contacts one of the destroyers, he calls for Captain Yularen, who we see seated on that conference in the Death Star in the original Star Wars (the scene where Vader chokes Motti becase he finds his lack of faith disturbing). More of that is welcomed.

WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby WampaOne » 29 Aug 2008, 13:56

10 Things to Spot in The Clone Wars Some I pointed out in my Clone Wars review above (yay quadruple post), namely the Yularem thing. Some otheres are lame, some are funny and interesting. Specially the one that leads to this:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?imag ... ighter.jpg"

WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Return to TV