The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby Durden » 25 Feb 2008, 23:16

nasty nova wrote:Why the fuck did Herk even open his mouth? Marlo gets off.

this really made no sense...he wanted Marlo to go down, yet all he's doing now is helping Marlo beat the charge and he also risks Levy finding out that he gave up Marlo's number.

chrisco, i agree about Dukie and it appears that he'll be the next Bubbles...could Michael become what Omar was??

i have to watch it again before i comment on everything else, but i do want to say this...Kima ratting out McNulty is fucking bullshit, and comparing it to Carver was even worse...Carver did not put himself in that position, and Colicchio was a scumbag...Kima is choosing to put herself in this situation, and McNulty was at least doing a good thing for a lot of cops, while attacking crime/drugs in the city...i understand that McNulty has to go down for the sake of the show, but i do not like how they're using Kima to accomplish that...on the other hand, i love that all of Scott's lies continue to pop up...the latest one where Daniels was "misquoted" earlier in the season was used really well.

one last thing, Nerese is no Ellen Page, but she could take it...i'd give it to Nerese long and hard, and i might just rank her third of all The Wire's women (behind Sobotka's girl and McNulty's ex-wife)...come to think of it though, Donette is up there too...anyone wanna take a shot at ranking the women?
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.


2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
User avatar
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: 22 May 2007, 10:49

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby jack_daniels » 25 Feb 2008, 23:48

you know what, i think that was the best episode. of anything

ever
User avatar
jack_daniels
Turban Legend
 
Posts: 14211
Joined: 20 Nov 2004, 23:13

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby jack_daniels » 25 Feb 2008, 23:58

ONTB wrote:No word on who those white guys were doing the re-supply? If Freeman is on his game, he's busting on that. Instead he's getting drunk and fucking his stripper wife. Out of character. Same for Kima doing both Jimmy and Freeman. Great episode though. Snoop going down was great and Marlo's "My Name Was In The Streets!" will go down as one of the best scenes of the series for me.



the white guys were the greeks.

holy fuck what an episode:

fucking duqie becoming a junkie
michael forgetting when they threw piss balloons
templeton being totally fucked
herc being a piece of shit
the black guy's look after the white guy takes his shirt off
freamon giving marlo the eye

also, re: the courthouse leak. the ultimate mindfuck would be rhonda.

marlo finally showed his motivation with that scene. "my name is my name" gave me shivers.

also, omar becoming a legend was great. terrace boys ripped him up with 3 AKs

oh god, namond as a debate champ.

colvin not shaking carcetti's hand

If the finale is better than that, i dont think my brain could handle it. i choked back tears 3 times in this episode.

man`Snoop went out like a soldier should. all calm, collected, inquiring how her hair look. and then she's gone.

oh yeah polk working in evidence control was a nice touch

DUKIE WATCHING DEXTER AHAHAHAHAHAH
User avatar
jack_daniels
Turban Legend
 
Posts: 14211
Joined: 20 Nov 2004, 23:13

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby gabe » 26 Feb 2008, 01:00

nasty nova wrote:Why the fuck did Herk even open his mouth? Marlo gets off.


I think Freamon might use the dirt that Clay Davis gave him on Levy to silence him . But what a great episode ... a couple of scenes stood out for me . The absolute joy on Sydnor's face and the look of content on Bunk's face after nailing Marlo's crew was just priceless . And the last scene with Dookie and Michael ...damn ... fuck I hope Prez does something for Dookie next episode. The scene at walter reed was strangely moving ..

How great was it to see Snoop quoting Eastwood! And good catch _ , Dook watching Dexter was hilarious.
[Sun 23:16] ONTB:There is this greek skatebboarder guy named theny who cried when he watched the notebook. It's his favorite movie.
User avatar
gabe
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 289
Joined: 03 Feb 2006, 11:11
Location: Scrantonicity

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby Jew Jitsu » 26 Feb 2008, 02:09

i guess herk likes the money levy pays him. Damn those last 10 minutes were the best of this show in 5 seasons. wow
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
User avatar
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8793
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 15:12
Location: Sunset Blvd., North Pole

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby ONTB » 26 Feb 2008, 09:16

NO shit they're the "greeks" _.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 17:41

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby nova » 26 Feb 2008, 10:24

Jew Jitsu wrote:i guess herk likes the money levy pays him. Damn those last 10 minutes were the best of this show in 5 seasons. wow


Is Levy some kind of mindreader? If not, there was no reason for him to even mention Freamon, ESPECIALLY since they never recovered that fucking camera.

Good catch ONTB regarding Shardine being the stripper from Season 1.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25499
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby chrisco » 26 Feb 2008, 11:32

nasty nova wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:i guess herk likes the money levy pays him. Damn those last 10 minutes were the best of this show in 5 seasons. wow


Is Levy some kind of mindreader? If not, there was no reason for him to even mention Freamon, ESPECIALLY since they never recovered that fucking camera.

Good catch ONTB regarding Shardine being the stripper from Season 1.


Maybe Clay Davis and Levy had a little conversation about Freamon. I wouldn't put it past Clay.

I had been wondering for 4 seasons now whether Freamon still had his stripper girlfriend or not. That leaves Rawls getting outed or not as one of the few personal details mentioned but never followed up on still out there.

Classic Landsman saluting the Bunk and shitting all over McNulty. "For the Bunk, just a lone detective working a case file..." (paraphrasing)

I am still digesting everything in that episode. Marlo's response should be off the hook. That scene in lockup was a good one. I was thinking about Parlow not telling Marlo about Omar calling him out. A lot of similarities to Stringer Bell trying to keep Avon on a leash when he was warring over corners in season 3. I want those corners = My name is my name.

I think Dozerman getting distracted by the bugs in his shirt and not snapping photos could be a key plot point. A lot of this season has been about sloppy work and mistakes being made. Maybe the cell phone shit gets buried and they try to rely on photos to make the case and he didn't take a picture of Marlo outside the warehouse talking to Parlow.

In terms of loose ends, we still got the source of the leak, what Daniels did in the Eastern way back, what happens to Templeton and McNulty/Freamon, whether a case gets made against Stansfield.org, and whose blood gets shed.

Has everyone seen the previews for the last episode.?..I would like to do some speculating on that, but don't want to give shit away if people don't watch them.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12214
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby jmrosenth » 26 Feb 2008, 12:05

re, Dookie watching Dexter. It was poignant for a few reasons. That show, while enjoyable, can't hold The Wire's jockstrap, yet it has a more significant buzz than The Wire and it showed up on network TV. I think the point of that scene was to tell us that A. that a fake serial killer plot was the only way the police had of busting a kingpin druglod murderer. and that B. We as a culture enjoy news that sensationalized. And the majority of the public likes their TV shows that way to. While the wire does it thing in relative anonymity, Dexter makes it network TV and tons more eyeballs. Maybe I'm interpreting too much from what Simon was trying to tell us there. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Marlo's "my name" rant was gripping and terrifically acted. I wonder if there's not more to the Chris/Marlo dynamic that had to be cut out when the episodes went from 12 to 10. there seems to be something that is missing there.

McNulty was clearly contemplating suicide at the train tracks.

Can someone remind me what happened btwn Colvin and Carcetti? Carcetti wasn't even mayor when Hamsterdam went down. I'm just not remembering what happened there. Good to see the Deacon make a cameo as well in that scene.

The Micheal/Bug/Dookie scenes were gut-wrenching. I'm not sure Michael has it in him to be the next Omar. I wouldn't be shocked to see him get killed in the finale. It's amazing that out of the four kids from Season 4, Namond, the least likable by far, is the only one to get "out". Maybe Prez will save the day for Dook.

btw, I don't think the finale will be On Demand. We'll have to wait 2 weeks for the 90-minute finale.
User avatar
jmrosenth
Pink Helmet
 
Posts: 472
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 09:12
Location: Dee Cee, Watching Gilbert

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby chrisco » 26 Feb 2008, 12:17

jmrosenth wrote:Can someone remind me what happened btwn Colvin and Carcetti? Carcetti wasn't even mayor when Hamsterdam went down. I'm just not remembering what happened there. Good to see the Deacon make a cameo as well in that scene.


Carcetti shut down the pilot program in the schools that Colvin was working on. It was him and that UM dude who wanted to intervene in corner kids lives before they got too hardened. That's where he met Namond remember?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12214
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby jmrosenth » 26 Feb 2008, 12:26

chrisco wrote:
jmrosenth wrote:Can someone remind me what happened btwn Colvin and Carcetti? Carcetti wasn't even mayor when Hamsterdam went down. I'm just not remembering what happened there. Good to see the Deacon make a cameo as well in that scene.


Carcetti shut down the pilot program in the schools that Colvin was working on. It was him and that UM dude who wanted to intervene in corner kids lives before they got too hardened. That's where he met Namond remember?


Yea, i know that's where he met Namond. I just couldn't remember what happened specifically btwn him and Colvin. It seems highly personal and you'd think Colvin would take the high road and at least shake the man's hand. I remember the program was pulled but I couldn't remember what the genesis of it was.
User avatar
jmrosenth
Pink Helmet
 
Posts: 472
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 09:12
Location: Dee Cee, Watching Gilbert

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby chrisco » 26 Feb 2008, 12:35

jmrosenth wrote:
chrisco wrote:
jmrosenth wrote:Can someone remind me what happened btwn Colvin and Carcetti? Carcetti wasn't even mayor when Hamsterdam went down. I'm just not remembering what happened there. Good to see the Deacon make a cameo as well in that scene.


Carcetti shut down the pilot program in the schools that Colvin was working on. It was him and that UM dude who wanted to intervene in corner kids lives before they got too hardened. That's where he met Namond remember?


Yea, i know that's where he met Namond. I just couldn't remember what happened specifically btwn him and Colvin. It seems highly personal and you'd think Colvin would take the high road and at least shake the man's hand. I remember the program was pulled but I couldn't remember what the genesis of it was.


I think it was that plus with the whole Hamsterdam thing that turned Colvin against the city government as a whole. He was the one who actually tried to change things twice and both times the city rejected his attempts at real change. Combining that with Carcett's campaign rhetoric of change, and you got an angry Bunny that won't shake the mayor's hand.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12214
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby jmrosenth » 26 Feb 2008, 12:54

chrisco wrote:
jmrosenth wrote:
chrisco wrote:
jmrosenth wrote:Can someone remind me what happened btwn Colvin and Carcetti? Carcetti wasn't even mayor when Hamsterdam went down. I'm just not remembering what happened there. Good to see the Deacon make a cameo as well in that scene.


Carcetti shut down the pilot program in the schools that Colvin was working on. It was him and that UM dude who wanted to intervene in corner kids lives before they got too hardened. That's where he met Namond remember?


Yea, i know that's where he met Namond. I just couldn't remember what happened specifically btwn him and Colvin. It seems highly personal and you'd think Colvin would take the high road and at least shake the man's hand. I remember the program was pulled but I couldn't remember what the genesis of it was.


I think it was that plus with the whole Hamsterdam thing that turned Colvin against the city government as a whole. He was the one who actually tried to change things twice and both times the city rejected his attempts at real change. Combining that with Carcett's campaign rhetoric of change, and you got an angry Bunny that won't shake the mayor's hand.


I think it had more to do with Hamsterdam, but I agree with you about his contempt of the hall. Carcetti specifically said "there was nothing anyone could do for you" which I thought meant that there was no way anyone could have his back after the Hamsterdam news broke. I seem to remember Colvin giving Carcetti a tour of Hamsterdam at some point - but before he was mayor.

btw, who eventually blew the whistle on Hamsterdam? It was Herc I believe. We could a long list of shit he's messed up.
User avatar
jmrosenth
Pink Helmet
 
Posts: 472
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 09:12
Location: Dee Cee, Watching Gilbert

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby PornoGil » 26 Feb 2008, 14:55

jmrosenth wrote:Marlo's "my name" rant was gripping and terrifically acted.

Yeah, really effective scene. Can't remember ever seeing him raise his voice like that.

The Bubbles (Reginald) speech was great, too.

Herc and Carver's short scene together was a good reminder of how great their scenes were back when they were partners. "'Cause the head was poppin' outta the back of your neck."

But I gotta agree that Kima's comparing her situation to Carver's just doesn't work for me.

Overall, a very good, but not great, episode. 2 week wait for the finale, indeed.
The Rafters:
:sniff: 2007 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball champion
:19: 2007-2008 SOTSG Fantasy Hockey* champion (*only 4 people, none of whom really cared)
User avatar
PornoGil
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 13:00

Re: The Wire OnDemand Thread (Torrent Downloads Whited Out, Pls)

Postby nova » 26 Feb 2008, 15:33

I think Simon and the other writers took too large of a liberty with Michael getting the best of Snoop. Granted, she was just muscle, but she had to be on edge if she had a shred of confidence in Michael.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25499
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

PreviousNext

Return to TV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest