Victims of this Stupid Writer's Strike

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Feb 2008, 14:49

Frank the Tank wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:I read in EW this week that they had 3 in the can, but weren't sure they wanted to air them, it all depended on how NBC is going to use their "scabisodes" of American Gladiators, deal or no deal, biggest loser, etc. If they stretch them out, Heroes will wait until fall. If they just run them until they're done, heroes might have a short arc of episodes in May.

I thought the article said that there were none in the can, but they thought they could put three together by the end of the season? Heroes needs more post-production work than most other hour-long dramas because of the fx.

Waiting for next season also lets Zachary Quinto finish shooting Star Trek XXXVIII so he can come back as Sylar without skipping a beat.

Maybe that was it...i don't reed so good. I just remembered the 3 episode arc possibility.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Feb 2008, 09:33

2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Re: Victims of this Stupid Writer's Strike

Postby mister bacon » 10 Mar 2008, 11:06

so.. breaking bad ended its season last night kind of awkwardly thanks to the damn writers strike and them being unable to film the last two episodes. get ready for all your favorite shows to end this way. at least we will likely get a mega 2 hour episode to kick off next season.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Mar 2008, 11:09

mister bacon wrote:so.. breaking bad ended its season last night kind of awkwardly thanks to the damn writers strike and them being unable to film the last two episodes. get ready for all your favorite shows to end this way. at least we will likely get a mega 2 hour episode to kick off next season.

Well at least the other shows have a chance for the writers to re-write the season endings. They're still going to be awkward though since they're going to have to tidy up story arcs really quickly.

Of course the real worry now is that the actors could go on strike July 1st and we could start the whole fucking sordid process all over again.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Ron Burgundy » 11 Mar 2008, 20:26

The Shield's final season was originally supposed to air in April but now it got pushed back until fucking September. fuck those stupid writer assholes.
Suck It!!
Ron Burgundy
n00b

Postby sportsdorkhater » 11 Mar 2008, 20:32

Ron Burgundy wrote:The Shield's final season was originally supposed to air in April but now it got pushed back until fucking September. fuck those stupid writer assholes.

that sucks, although at least its coming back for another season.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby mister bacon » 11 Mar 2008, 22:12

Ron Burgundy wrote:The Shield's final season was originally supposed to air in April but now it got pushed back until fucking September. fuck those stupid writer assholes.

yes, fuck them for trying to paid for their work when the network sells it via download thousands of times. :roll:
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Previous

Return to TV