Burn Notice

Burn Notice

Postby myherobobhope » 27 Jul 2007, 09:25

Not sure if anyone else out there is watching this... It is one of the few shows I watch in "real time", and I have thoroughly enjoyed it thus far.

Setting it in Miami gives them access to hot chicks, the "ex-spy" is a fun backstory that gives him alot of potential.

I appreciate the fact that they replaced his first mother with a different actress, the new mom is far less annoying.

I'm hoping the brother doesn't get used much in the future, but I guess he is just there to drive the weeks plot forward.

It also has Bruce Campbell, which makes me insanely happy. I'm worried that the show is going to end up cancelled, but I'm willing to watch it until that happens.
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 27 Jul 2007, 09:58

I'm watching it too. Good light action-comedy for the summer.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby myherobobhope » 03 Aug 2007, 13:18

I thought this last episode was one of the strongest, although the conclusion was done a little quickly.

Also, if they had a GPS tracker in the boat, they would have known where his mom lived (they would be able to track the entire 'journey' of the boat).

Strong episode, overall... decent action, some funny hijinks, and they finally wrote the brother off the show.
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby fsadh1 » 07 Aug 2007, 04:51

I watched the first couple of episodes because the lead actor starred in "Touching Evil," which was a solid show that got canned way too soon. I haven't been impressed. His deadpan narration annoys me. Still, not too band, though.
fsadh1
Yankee

Postby myherobobhope » 07 Aug 2007, 07:44

fsadh1 wrote:I watched the first couple of episodes because the lead actor starred in "Touching Evil," which was a solid show that got canned way too soon. I haven't been impressed. His deadpan narration annoys me. Still, not too band, though.

It might just be I'm a huge Bruce Campbell fan... or I just love action-comedies...

It's one of the few shows I watch.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby myherobobhope » 10 Aug 2007, 08:32

Another solid episode last night... I really enjoy this show. I'm curious if anyone else is watching it, or if it is going to be cancelled... I'm also curious as to where it is going to go after he finds out who burned him and why.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 10 Aug 2007, 09:40

CM,

Burn Notice has been picked up for a second 13 episode season.

http://www.reuters.com/article/televisi ... 5320070809

I have the last three episodes on the ol' DVR. I'm behind on my TV viewing; a friend of mine lent me the first two seasons of The Wire on DVD.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby myherobobhope » 10 Aug 2007, 10:10

Good to know it's popular...

The last 2 weeks of episodes have been pretty good... I like the active involvement of the government agent, as opposed to the two guys just following him around.

It's nice that he is actually making progress on the file against him... I just worry about where they will go afterwords.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Re: Burn Notice

Postby OJ8871440 » 14 Jul 2008, 05:12

Posters for the new season have been all over the trains lately, so I hit up the net this weekend for a marathon while at work. Enough to keep me around for the new season; spy stuff, South Beach, hot chicks in skimpy outfits and 2 more reasons to watch:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa

Postby IhateTomBrady » 06 Mar 2009, 15:18

The second batch of episodes this season were pretty enjoyable. The season finale last night was top notch; the show does pulp very well. It's like they somehow made "Die Hard" into a TV series in spirit and tone. If this show were on a network with a real budget, it'd be kickass.
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby myherobobhope » 03 Apr 2009, 12:47

IhateTomBrady wrote:The second batch of episodes this season were pretty enjoyable. The season finale last night was top notch; the show does pulp very well. It's like they somehow made "Die Hard" into a TV series in spirit and tone. If this show were on a network with a real budget, it'd be kickass.

Comes back on in June... I'm really looking forward to it. This is probably my favorite TV show right now.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby myherobobhope » 01 Jun 2009, 10:21

just a friendly reminder... Burn Notice comes back on this week. Thursday at 9.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby IhateTomBrady » 02 Jun 2009, 22:17

Looking forward to it. There's always hope they'll kill Michael's mother off.
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby myherobobhope » 03 Jun 2009, 09:39

IhateTomBrady wrote:Looking forward to it. There's always hope they'll kill Michael's mother off.

I don't love the mother (although she's better than the original mother) but she her presence adds a nice element to the show. They need someone "normal" to balance Micheal out... as well as someone who needs constant protection.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby myherobobhope » 05 Jun 2009, 09:22

Good episode last night... I wish this show was on more. It's really just an entertaining hour of television.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Next

Return to TV