Random Thoughts - TV Edition

Re: Random Thoughts - TV Edition

Postby TheWolf » 09 Aug 2017, 20:33

This Barstool piece reminded me that I watched a coupla three episodes of this show. I think I was in a fake BO for most of it, because I can only remember details from one episode. But it was really goddamn funny. Strong rec.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JT99 » 11 Aug 2017, 04:51

TheWolf wrote:This Barstool piece reminded me that I watched a coupla three episodes of this show. I think I was in a fake BO for most of it, because I can only remember details from one episode. But it was really goddamn funny. Strong rec.

I perused this show recently.

Pretty solid.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 22 Aug 2017, 08:58

So the Messiah is an inbred goon who can only say humperdidoo and pisses everywhere? Interesting, but that'll happen with royal families or maltese puppies. Solid sex scene with Jesus too, that guy was smooth. Really enjoying this Herr Starr character, he's batshit. This whole show is batshit. Cool story, yokel.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BigJohnStudd » 22 Aug 2017, 13:36

JT99 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:This Barstool piece reminded me that I watched a coupla three episodes of this show. I think I was in a fake BO for most of it, because I can only remember details from one episode. But it was really goddamn funny. Strong rec.

I perused this show recently.

Pretty solid.

We pretty much mainline Impractical Jokers on TruTV round here, and I saw promos for this show, but it's been on for 5 weeks now? Really? I'll have to see if I can catch an ep in between Carbonaro Effect and the show with the black guy getting expensive shit for free. #reparations
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Briandong79 » 07 Sep 2017, 10:37

I feel like it has been discussed around here but I can't find it but The Good Place is treeeeeeeeemendous. The entire cast is excellent, though the wife and I agree that Janet and Chidi are the two best characters.

One word of advice: The pilot is good, the 2nd episode for some reason is BY FAR the worst episode of Season 1 (at least with 2 episodes remaining for me). Muscle through it and you'll be golden.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby mister bacon » 07 Sep 2017, 11:13

the 2nd eps of a lot of great shows are terrible. i guess because they blow a load on the pilot and before it gets sent to series the studio makes them change shit and set up story arcs?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby chrisco » 07 Sep 2017, 11:23

Briandong79 wrote:I feel like it has been discussed around here but I can't find it but The Good Place is treeeeeeeeemendous. The entire cast is excellent, though the wife and I agree that Janet and Chidi are the two best characters.

One word of advice: The pilot is good, the 2nd episode for some reason is BY FAR the worst episode of Season 1 (at least with 2 episodes remaining for me). Muscle through it and you'll be golden.

Frank and I welcome you to the party:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5280
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 09 Oct 2017, 10:18

There is a show on TV called Last Man Standing. I dont know if they still make new episodes, but they definitely made eps as recently as 2016. D watches reruns constantly on the Country channel. It stars Tim Allen, who had a show in the 90's called Home Improvement.

This show is amazing, really. It plays to the sane people of the country, and routinely shoots on "snowflakes" and liberals like 79. They actually call liberals snowflakes. LN there was an ep on where Tim had to write a speech for his daughter to read in her high school class. He was told everything he couldnt say, like Ladies and Gentlemen, amongst like 15 other things. Naturally he put everything in the speech, and his daughter ended up reading it at an assembly. She was like, you guys want your safe space, but youre stifling ideas. Tim was very pleased. The assembly was aghast.

I rec this show to normal people.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Oct 2017, 10:21

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:There is a show on TV called Last Man Standing. I dont know if they still make new episodes, but they definitely made eps as recently as 2016. D watches reruns constantly on the Country channel. It stars Tim Allen, who had a show in the 90's called Home Improvement.

This show is amazing, really. It plays to the sane people of the country, and routinely shoots on "snowflakes" and liberals like 79. They actually call liberals snowflakes. LN there was an ep on where Tim had to write a speech for his daughter to read in her high school class. He was told everything he couldnt say, like Ladies and Gentlemen, amongst like 15 other things. Naturally he put everything in the speech, and his daughter ended up reading it at an assembly. She was like, you guys want your safe space, but youre stifling ideas. Tim was very pleased. The assembly was aghast.

they should put this and Will & Grace on back to back at ISIS training camp when they get to the part where they ask them to kill themselves
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 09 Oct 2017, 10:31

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:There is a show on TV called Last Man Standing. I dont know if they still make new episodes, but they definitely made eps as recently as 2016. D watches reruns constantly on the Country channel. It stars Tim Allen, who had a show in the 90's called Home Improvement.

"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 09 Oct 2017, 10:35

SouthernYokel wrote:

they should put this and Will & Grace on back to back at ISIS training camp when they get to the part where they ask them to kill themselves

I didn't watch Will & Grace original run, and won't watch this one either. But I have really grown to enjoy Megan Mullally's work on such popular television comedies as Party Down, Childrens' Hospital and Parks & Recreation. So maybe it's not as terrible as I thought. Helpful post.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby babylurch » 09 Oct 2017, 10:42

Parts of the show were pretty funny, but I thought that the political stuff tried way to hard. It felt like 80% of each episode was fine, and then there was 20% where it was Davey & Goliath.

Plus, kyle is too dumb for words.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 27 Oct 2017, 08:35

I know I'm very late to the party on this one, but Nathan For You is fantastic. It's like one long Aristocrats joke; start off with the premise and then who the fuck knows where it's going.

Last night he got a band he created on the local LA news protesting Shell gas appropriating their one song, that he actually did while posing as a Shell VP, all to get a smoke alarm thought of as a musical instrument so someone could avoid paying tariffs.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby ctz31 » 27 Oct 2017, 08:56

MisterTambourineMan wrote:I know I'm very late to the party on this one, but Nathan For You is fantastic. It's like one long Aristocrats joke; start off with the premise and then who the fuck knows where it's going.

Last night he got a band he created on the local LA news protesting Shell gas appropriating their one song, that he actually did while posing as a Shell VP, all to get a smoke alarm thought of as a musical instrument so someone could avoid paying tariffs.

That sounds amazing.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 27 Oct 2017, 09:14

ctz31 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:I know I'm very late to the party on this one, but Nathan For You is fantastic. It's like one long Aristocrats joke; start off with the premise and then who the fuck knows where it's going.

That sounds amazing.

Sorry it's not a 15-year-old movie starring Katie Holmes. It's actually entertaining.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to TV