Random Thoughts - TV Edition

Re: Random Thoughts - TV Edition

Postby chrisco » 15 May 2017, 09:01

TheWolf wrote:Yesterday someone was telling me I need to check out a show on AMC called The Son. Before I check it out, I would like to know if any... sons... have seen this and would co-sign the rec.

If its on AMC and you've never heard of it, you should steer clear. They either make THE GREATEST SHOW IN TELEVISION HISTORY or mediocre dramas pretending to be prestige TV. Their ratio is like 2 greatest to 40 mediocre.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 15 May 2017, 09:02

chrisco wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Yesterday someone was telling me I need to check out a show on AMC called The Son. Before I check it out, I would like to know if any... sons... have seen this and would co-sign the rec.

If its on AMC and you've never heard of it, you should steer clear. They either make THE GREATEST SHOW IN TELEVISION HISTORY or mediocre dramas pretending to be prestige TV. Their ratio is like 2 greatest to 40 mediocre.

It's the one where Pierce Brosnan does a Texas accent. Literally the only thing I know about it. I'd steer clear.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Frank the Tank » 15 May 2017, 12:07

chrisco wrote:

This makes sense to me. Into The Bandlands is stupid and horribly acted. I can't believe it got a pickup for an even larger season next year. I keep watching it though, because I'm a moran.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 May 2017, 12:12

chrisco wrote:

I have successfully avoided every OMG GREATEST SHOW EVER from AMC. Mad Men, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, that Saul show--I started watching the first season of Breaking Bad on Netflix a couple years ago and couldn't get through it.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 May 2017, 13:04

CourtesyFlush wrote:
chrisco wrote:

I have successfully avoided every OMG GREATEST SHOW EVER from AMC. Mad Men, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, that Saul show--I started watching the first season of Breaking Bad on Netflix a couple years ago and couldn't get through it.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 15 May 2017, 13:06

Gregs Kite wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Chill scene.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 May 2017, 22:19

Excuse me. What IPAs do you have on tap?

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby the cheese » 16 May 2017, 08:22

New Girl got renewed for an eight episode final season. Beep boop.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Briandong79 » 16 May 2017, 08:24

This looks....good?
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 May 2017, 08:28

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Excuse me. What IPAs do you have on tap?

lol. the procedure is absolutely 100% possible. he's gonna look weird though.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 16 May 2017, 08:35

Briandong79 wrote:

This looks....good?

Good to see Babu Bhatt getting some work.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby TheWolf » 18 May 2017, 20:26

I just stumbled across a show called Beerland. It's basically 30 minutes of hipster douches trying people's home brews and saying things you'd expect to read in a Beer Advocate review. Some dumb skank in NYC was just talking about "hopping the shit out of" her Everything Bagel Double IPA that she brews in a bathtub in her one bedroom Brooklyn apartment.

Balls, you need to hate watch the shit out of this and report back.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby chrisco » 23 May 2017, 08:25

I watched the first episode of Twin Peaks season 3 (the new one on Showtime). I have thoughts.

If you liked the old Twin Peaks, but didn't like Mulholland Drive or some of Lynch's newer stuff, you are not going to like the opener. Its very Red Room / Black Lodge, good Cooper / evil Cooper. While we get peaks of a bunch of the other characters they are mostly in the background this ep. I enjoyed the ep, but I also like atmospheric shit that doesn't really go anywhere.

The other wrinkle is that the show now has scenes which take place out of Twin Peaks. There's some weird shit happening with a box in NYC and a bit of a Fargo thing going on in one of the Dakotas.

My guess is that the show will get more quirky as we get into the season and we lose Lynch as the director. That's my hope at least, because while I liked the opener, no one can do a full season of strobe lights and zig zag floor patterns. Ok. :fletch:
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Theny » 26 May 2017, 07:23

My kid is watching Garlfield on Netflix and it reminded me of a SYSK podcast I listened to recently on fan theories for tv shows. Some think Garfield is actually trapped in the house because his owner never came back. So he's starving to death and the show is his hallucinations/daydreams. Heavy.

My other two favorites were SBTB being daydreams of Zack Morris. In reality he's still a loser in Indiana as he is in Good Morning Miss Bliss. Which would explain how Screech is with him in both series.

And the Jetsons and Flintstones were happening at the same time. The Jetsons world is rich people and the Flintstones world is the poor. All of this being post apocalyptic of course.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 30 May 2017, 14:20

Some details about the Battle of the Network Stars reboot:

The hosts will be Mike Greenberg (@Espngreeny) and Joe Tessitore (@Joe_Tess) of ESPN; Cassidy Hubbarth (@CassidyHubbarth) and Cari Champion (@CariChampion) of ESPN will be the sideline reporters; plus Super Bowl 50 winner DeMarcus Ware (@DeMarcusWare) and MMA Fighter/Olympian Ronda Rousey (@RondaRousey) will be the team captains.

I guess there will just be two teams of random stars. No more ABC vs NBC vs CBS type of format.

The 100 TV stars, from 14 different network and cable companies, will be announced at a later date.

Farva should impersonate Cam and get on the show.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-relea ... c-june-29/
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

PreviousNext

Return to TV