Random Thoughts - TV Edition

Re: Random Thoughts - TV Edition

Postby Frank the Tank » 21 Dec 2017, 08:50

I finished season 2 of Search Party on TBS. At the end of season 1 I wasn’t sure it was worth continuing. Should’ve trust my gut. There’s certainly worse out there and it has its moments, so I won’t give it a “hard pass”. Let’s call it a “medium pass”.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 Jan 2018, 16:41

God Shamgod wrote:
chrisco wrote:The Montague episode of Atlanta is highlarious.

I thought I started a thread, but that was the closest thing to Chapelle's Show I have seen since. What IPA do you have on tap?

Also, that invisible car.

We probably need to start an Atlanta thread.

Comes back 3/1/18, but note you’re going to have to change your DVR settings from “Atlanta” to “Atlanta Robbin’ Season”.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 Jan 2018, 11:27

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » 20 Jan 2018, 15:11

I gave LA --> Vegas two episodes and am out. The good: the main flight attendant is awesome. She'd be awesome in the Eliza Coupe role if they reboot Happy Endings. Also good is the degenerate gambler played by the guy who John Wick decides not to kill right before the opening credits of John Wick 2 and wants to kill Shadow Moon with one blow from a hammer. The bad: pretty much everything else. Every episode is a bottle episode because all but the very beginning and end happen on a plane. The bad: a lot of the characters are really one-dimensional. Only about 1 out of every 3 jokes lands. Not quite a "hard pass" but worse than a "soft pass", so... "pass" I guess.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Previous

Return to TV