Game of Thrones

Re: Song of Ice and Fire to HBO

Postby chrisco » 05 Apr 2011, 15:46

SouthernYokel wrote:
Dunking Donut wrote:HBO put a bunch more stuff up on demand. I'm really excited.

If you haven't read the books, you can check all that stuff out but avoid any fan sites or that stuff. There's way too many spoilers out there. The series has too many surprises and twists and turns and it would be ruined for a lot of folks. And they start off pretty quickly.

really, it starts off quickly? I was so daunted by the number of pages that i figured it couldn't possibly start fast.

Dunk - I am in the home stretch of book 2. Am I spoiler safe for this HBO season or should I wait until I am farther along in the series?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 05 Apr 2011, 15:53

As I understand it, each season is one book of the series.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dunking Donut » 05 Apr 2011, 16:08

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:As I understand it, each season is one book of the series.

Yep. This season should cover book 1.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 07 Apr 2011, 09:32

I watched the first 15 minutes last night. Great stuff. Everything looked great. Obviously a lot is going to be dropped/condensed to squeeze the first book into 10 hours. I liked how they established Sansa as being ladylike while Arya is more of a tomboy over a 45 second clip.

I always notice little, insignificant things in TV/movies, but I liked how everytime they were riding through the "snow", the horses kept kicking up dirt from underneath they sprayed down fake snow.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 17 Apr 2011, 21:32

Pretty interesting. Good acting, lots of tits. Peter Dinklage is awesome. Sean Bean makes for a good noble good guy, at least so far.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 17 Apr 2011, 23:18

Briandean79 wrote:Pretty interesting. Good acting, lots of tits. Peter Dinklage is awesome. Sean Bean makes for a good noble good guy, at least so far.

Dinklage is a very lucky man.

Wonder how this will play for people who haven't read the books. With just 10 hours for season 1 (book 1), I imagine things will move fairly quickly.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dunking Donut » 18 Apr 2011, 07:08

I don't have any major complaints.
Hopefully people can follow along with all the different players. There was a lot introduced in that first hour.

I think people who hadn't read the books were shocked in that last minute. So that was cool.

And more of Emilia Clarke's (Danaerys) titties please. Those get an A+ from me.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby SouthernYokel » 18 Apr 2011, 08:18

sorry...that was frigging boring. i was pretty pumped for this after the 15 minute sneak preview. if i'd known that was going to be all i liked out of the hour....

The Viserys kid that's trying to peddle his way to the throne...he's pretty dumb. Seems like he's going to get demolished by at least 3 separate factions. also...it was weird to me that his sister had less of a problem with him feeling her up than Conan the Barbarian doing it. I spent the second half hour trying to figure out where i knew him from...anyone remember the Melrose Place ripoff called North Shore? He was the bartender. and now he's conan the barbarian. 1982 Arnold Schwarzenegger would snap him in 2.
Last edited by SouthernYokel on 18 Apr 2011, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 18 Apr 2011, 10:51

Who knew that Salami from The White Shadow would be HBO's go-to director.

He's directed episodes of:

Sex and the City
Deadwood
Rome
The Sopranos
The Wire
The Pacific
Boardwalk Empire
and Game of Thrones
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby White Lightning » 18 Apr 2011, 18:58

SouthernYokel wrote:I spent the second half hour trying to figure out where i knew him from...anyone remember the Melrose Place ripoff called North Shore? He was the bartender.

Sadly, I was also trying to figure that out. And, that is where I remember him from - I think we might be the only two people who watched North Shore (although I always thought it was more of a ripoff of the show Las Vegas).
Gregs Kite - Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 am: WL is funny, possibly a full blown alcoholic, and seemingly not a prissy dickhead.
White Lightning
Etiquette Instructor

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 Apr 2011, 07:54

White Lightning wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:I spent the second half hour trying to figure out where i knew him from...anyone remember the Melrose Place ripoff called North Shore? He was the bartender.

Sadly, I was also trying to figure that out. And, that is where I remember him from - I think we might be the only two people who watched North Shore (although I always thought it was more of a ripoff of the show Las Vegas).

i will say in public that i watched that show because i was obsessed with brooke burns at the time...but i think deep down in my lady parts i just like prime time soap operas. which is why i have to avoid them like used syringes so i don't get sucked in.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby White Lightning » 19 Apr 2011, 11:36

SouthernYokel wrote:
White Lightning wrote:

i will say in public that i watched that show because i was obsessed with brooke burns at the time...but i think deep down in my lady parts i just like prime time soap operas. which is why i have to avoid them like used syringes so i don't get sucked in.

I do too (that Las vegas comparison - not spur of the moment, I've thought of this before). A few years ago, for some reason I decided to start DVRing One Tree Hill episodes on the SoapNet reruns. Could not stop watching. Made it all though high school (this was right before the adult seasons started). Soapnet is a dangerous channel - OC, 90210...
Gregs Kite - Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 am: WL is funny, possibly a full blown alcoholic, and seemingly not a prissy dickhead.
White Lightning
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 19 Apr 2011, 13:41

I thought Khal Drogo was played by Dave Navarro and Ned Stark was played by Triple H.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 19 Apr 2011, 16:20

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dunking Donut » 19 Apr 2011, 16:56

Nice.

It did okay but I heard international ratings were through the roof. They're more okay with that kind of genre, I guess.
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

PreviousNext

Return to TV