Game of Thrones

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 30 Jun 2016, 07:58

Prez wrote:So, I binged and watched the last 4 eps of season 5 and all of season 6 in the last few days and I'm ready to discuss!!
What? It's over and I missed all the fun? Fuck.

Really looking forward to reading this thread and seeing Ballz complain.

Nice!

What's your favorite storyline? How the Wildings warned Westeros that Winter Is Coming, but Bran was eating with Ygritte, so Dan's dragons spit fire at Melisandre and Littlefinger?

Such a great show.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 18 Jul 2016, 11:33

Officially starting next summer sometime instead of next spring, only 7 episodes.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 18 Jul 2016, 11:50

Cool. At least they're following Martin's lead of doing everything they can to annoy fans.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 18 Jul 2016, 11:54

TheWolf wrote:Cool. At least they're following Martin's lead of doing everything they can to annoy fans.

If they are down to where they think 15 episodes or so finishes off the story, then I'm fully on board. No need to drag stuff out.

The summer premiere is because of Winter coming, they'll start filming later than normal.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Aug 2016, 09:01

HBO is definitely ending it after Season 8 but they realize how much money it makes for them so they are looking at potentially doing a spinoff.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 02 Aug 2016, 09:06

Briandong79 wrote:HBO is definitely ending it after Season 8 but they realize how much money it makes for them so they are looking at potentially doing a spinoff.

Serious question: Do they actually make money off the show? It costs a butt-f*ck ton to produce each episode. I figured they were maybe breaking even at best, but it was more a prestige worldwide thing.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Aug 2016, 09:13

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:HBO is definitely ending it after Season 8 but they realize how much money it makes for them so they are looking at potentially doing a spinoff.

Serious question: Do they actually make money off the show? It costs a butt-f*ck ton to produce each episode. I figured they were maybe breaking even at best, but it was more a prestige worldwide thing.

Yes, HBO depends on subscriptions and GoT is a huge driver of subscriptions for them.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 02 Aug 2016, 09:38

Briandong79 wrote:

Yes, HBO depends on subscriptions and GoT is a huge driver of subscriptions for them.

Oh is that how that works? Thanks, Senor Informacion.

Do you have any way to quantify it for me in real numbers? I still say its a vanity project.

Thanks.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby OJ8871440 » 04 Aug 2016, 22:54

Briandong79 wrote:

Do you have any way to quantify it for me in real numbers? I still say its a vanity project.

Thanks.

DVD sales and increase of international subscribers are huge. It costs around 60 to 80 million per season and HBO has gained nearly 40 million subscribers since the show started. 40 million times 10 bucks a month??? It's doing fine, plus HBO owns the rights to the show so in a couple of years when they're not spending 60 to 80 million per, they'll still bring in revenue
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Aug 2016, 08:43

OJ8871440 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

Thanks.

DVD sales and increase of international subscribers are huge. It costs around 60 to 80 million per season and HBO has gained nearly 40 million subscribers since the show started. 40 million times 10 bucks a month??? It's doing fine, plus HBO owns the rights to the show so in a couple of years when they're not spending 60 to 80 million per, they'll still bring in revenue

Thank you OJ, for bringing actual numbers to the table.

QQ: Can you rent the DVDs thru Redbox? Asking for ctz. :lol:
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Aug 2016, 10:26

iOS autocorrect tried to change a word I was typing the other day to "H'gar". I wonder if I'm teaching my phone too much about GoT or if that's the Apple coders having fun?
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Oct 2016, 14:24

Big time character coming back to GoT next season. Jorah? Stannis??? JOFFREY?????

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:

Oh.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Oct 2016, 14:53

Briandong79 wrote:Big time character coming back to GoT next season. Jorah? Stannis??? JOFFREY?????

Oh.

Sweet!

Who areeee these people?
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby chrisco » 20 Oct 2016, 17:13

Briandong79 wrote:Big time character coming back to GoT next season. Jorah? Stannis??? JOFFREY?????

Oh.

Sweet!

Who areeee these people?

He's that guy that rode around on a horse with those people until something bad happened to him.
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Oct 2016, 18:41

chrisco wrote:

Oh.

Sweet!

Who areeee these people?

He's that guy that rode around on a horse with those people until something bad happened to him.

Oh yeah, I remember him. In the forest. Big arc.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

PreviousNext

Return to TV