Game of Thrones

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Jun 2016, 09:15

I like how liquidy they make the Wildfire effect. Really cool, very similar to the description in the book.

I knew what was coming basically but I really thought Margaery might get away.

"Promise me, Ned" was still awesome.

Melisandre is definitely going to cross paths with the Brotherhood coming North.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 27 Jun 2016, 10:34

That was fun.

Other than losing Margery, the only real beef I have is that I don't buy the wildfire remaining contained enough to destroy ONLY the sept. Isn't that stuff supposed to spread like, you know...
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JT99 » 27 Jun 2016, 10:36

TheWolf wrote:That was fun.

Other than losing Margery, the only real beef I have is that I don't buy the wildfire remaining contained enough to destroy ONLY the sept. Isn't that stuff supposed to spread like, you know...

Isn't most of the stuff around the sept made of stone?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Jun 2016, 11:29

JT99 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:That was fun.

Isn't most of the stuff around the sept made of stone?

Yeah it would burn where it coated but if the fire couldn't spread becauuse of stone buildings, it would be somewhat limited. I was a little more surprised that it didn't spread for a plot point though (something something Cersei's hubris blah blah blah)

In the books, they burn down the Tower of the Hand (that's what I call my penis) with wildfire and it does fairly minimal outside damage, IIRC.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Jun 2016, 11:38

Where would we rate this episode against the prior GOAT, the Red Wedding? /people
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby TheWolf » 27 Jun 2016, 11:46

Great penis-naming joke, Donger. :lol:

I'll buy the stone explanation, i guess. I'm not a mega nerd so I don't really recall the specifics of wildfire usage. But I thought it was supposed to be so super special 5hat it would burn things that aren't otherwise flammable.

Really enjoyed Arya's scene, by the way. I continue to really like her character, and hope to see her get back to actually being part of the main plot.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Jun 2016, 15:46

I thought Arya actually looked pretty good in that scene. *googles* She's 19.

Also, this made me laugh:

ETA: According to the director, apparently this was the actual direction on Cersei's script for the coronation scene:

Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Jun 2016, 20:03

I watched the finale. The Cersei stuff was pretty good. I was happy that little pussy king offed himself. He was NO Joffrey.

Boy did not look good there, B.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Jun 2016, 07:36

I LOL'd when Tomman took his nosedive. Also couldn't blame him - what would you do if your wife Margarey Tyrell was just offed?

They're setting up some Danny/Snow incest, right? I could be down for that.

Gilly looking good.

I'm still all-in on the Night King, but that creepy bastard Littlefinger is my second choice. Get 'em, Carcetti.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Jun 2016, 09:18

Game of Thrones Power Rankings:

1. Cersei. First Queen of Westeros (without a King), I believe. Granted it's not going to make a bit of difference when all said and done and her brother lover will likely kill her for her killing off their children, but hey, she's queen and she looked hot in the Darth Vader ensemble. Best she's looked since she was a CGI head floating around on some other naked woman's body.

2. Dany--Got naked for the first time in awhile this season, convinced a bunch of barbarians scared of the water to hop on a ship, she's got a time-traveling Eunuch and a horny dwarf as her primary advisers, things are going pretty sweet right now.

3. Olenna--Set up to get her revenge. Sure she lost every heir in a huge explosion (we will assume Margaery and Loras' other brother doesn't exist in the show), but Mace was useless and the confession her grandson was a poof was lost in a giant fiery slime explosion.

4. Arya--I think Cersei might be the only person left on her show list now. Glad she's putting the face thing to good use. I assume Jaqen didn't let her pilfer the supply before she left though, so does that mean she killed the hot serving girl before? Arya's ethics are a bit problematic if you think about them too much. Nice h/t to Hot Pie, though.

5. Littlefinger--Sure, he got rebuffed but he's got a whole whorehouse full back in Kings Landing (assuming it still exists). Besides, he's going to jump to the winning side and become Hand to the Night's King.

6. Bran--He's going to warg into one of the dragon's and control it, isn't he.

7. Tyrion--What did he exactly do to earn Hand of the King status? Didn't he royally cock up Meereen until Dany came back?

8. Sansa--Nailing her semi-incetuous guardian who would be fantasizing about her mom the whole time might be her best option.

9. Jon Snow--5 and 8 are right there ready to undermine him. And regardless of who his true parents are, he's still a bastard. Plus he's probably going to wind up sleeping with his aunt. Also managed to make nearly every wrong decision to get back Winterfell.

10. Bran--Still can't walk. Basically a living exposition plot device at this point.

11. Jamie--Dude gets shuttled around Westeros on a bunch of useless side plots for the past 2 seasons and now everything has gone to shit. I guess he's technically the ruler of Casterly Rock now though.

12. The Brotherhood--I assume the Hound, Brienne, Pod, and whatnot will do something up north at some point.

13. Sam--Life is never, ever going to get better than it is right now, it's all downhill from here. Plus, learn to conceal your stolen sword a bit more inconspicuously, please.

14. The Mountain--I wonder if undead rape is as fun as living rape for him.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Jun 2016, 09:30

Thank you for including Bran twice.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby ctz31 » 28 Jun 2016, 12:30

Arya is not the worst character like ball said, but come on w the spooging. This is the first time her storyline has been interesting now that she is out of that god awful city w the i am nobody crap. FOH. Bran is the worst character and it's not up for debate. Anytime I see him on the screen i cringe. I guess the flashbacks from him are ok. whatever. It was a good ep.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Jun 2016, 12:37

ctz31 wrote:Arya is not the worst character like ball said, but come on w the spooging. This is the first time her storyline has been interesting now that she is out of that god awful city w the i am nobody crap. FOH.

This is a solid take. That got pretty fucking tedious there for awhile.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TheWolf » 28 Jun 2016, 13:15

I completely agree that the Braavos shit got boring as fuck. My point, which I likely didn't actually make before, is that I have loved Arya's character from the start, and I'm glad to see what appears to be a transition back towards her being relevant instead of hiding in some boring ass side plot.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Prez » 30 Jun 2016, 06:56

So, I binged and watched the last 4 eps of season 5 and all of season 6 in the last few days and I'm ready to discuss!!
What? It's over and I missed all the fun? Fuck.

Really looking forward to reading this thread and seeing Ballz complain.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

PreviousNext

Return to TV