Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones

Postby Dunking Donut » 17 Jan 2007, 16:45

First Preacher and now they're developing a Song of Ice and Fire?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31268

This could be amazing. It's pretty much my favorite fantasy series. It's really dark and violent. Lots of sex, swearing, killing. Think of Pulp Fiction meets LoTR. The books are a must read even if you don't like the genre.

Hopefully this stuff comes to fruition.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Re: Song of Ice and Fire to HBO

Postby Dunking Donut » 06 May 2009, 19:25

Does 2.5 years count as a double post? :)

Anyway, the pilot is official as is the first casting choice (and an interesting choice for director). This could revolutionize fantasy on TV like LoTR did in the movies if they do it right. On HBO, that's a definite possibility. If you're reading or would every try a fantasy series, this would probably be the one to do it with. Fuck Harry Potter, this is a man's series.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 9e328518de

(Forgot the link)
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Jailblazer » 07 May 2009, 12:53

Dunking Donut wrote:Does 2.5 years count as a double post? :)

Anyway, the pilot is official as is the first casting choice (and an interesting choice for director). This could revolutionize fantasy on TV like LoTR did in the movies if they do it right. On HBO, that's a definite possibility. If you're reading or would every try a fantasy series, this would probably be the one to do it with. Fuck Harry Potter, this is a man's series.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 9e328518de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Forgot the link)

I'm really excited to see how this turns out. Taking a whole season for each book is a gutsy approach, but there's so much going on between the politics, wars, raping, and pillaging it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm curious to see how they handle the flow of events in the books since each chapter bounces between the different main character's point of view and hops back and forth on the time line. If they can make that work, it'll be great TV.
Jailblazer
Hope College Alum

Postby Dunking Donut » 05 Jul 2010, 20:22

Here's the latest on what's happening with the series.

http://winter-is-coming.net/
Official HBO trailer

Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Dunking Donut » 05 Dec 2010, 16:29

Here's the full minute trailer. There'll be a big 15 minute making of tonight at 8:45. This is going to be their big spring show in April 2011. It is looking pretty damn close to the books so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ixEWrTLiZg
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Briandong79 » 07 Dec 2010, 12:09

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 07 Dec 2010, 13:22

i have almost started reading the game of thrones series about a hundred times but the length of the books is too much of a commitment when you're standing in barnes & noble and looking at them.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 18 Jan 2011, 00:12

I'm in. Reading the first book now.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dunking Donut » 18 Jan 2011, 07:10

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I'm in. Reading the first book now.

Awesome.

There's a few more trailers and teasers out there. Just go to youtube or HBO or something and you'll find them. So far, looks great. The critic response at all the events has been really positive so that is a good sign.
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 18 Jan 2011, 08:37

I'll skip the trailers. I watched the 15 minute thing. I don't want to actually get any more images before finishing the first book.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 03 Mar 2011, 17:48

New trailer released:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/03/game- ... w-trailer/

Carcetti from The Wire is Littlefinger
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dunking Donut » 04 Apr 2011, 13:10

The first 15 minutes are up. No real complaints. Some minor changes from the books, though. Looks pretty stylish.
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby SouthernYokel » 04 Apr 2011, 13:46

i seent it. was pretty interesting. i have not read any of the books, all i know is dunk's layout of the plot from this and the book thread. seems like your pretty standard epic fantasy. which is to say that i will love it.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Dunking Donut » 05 Apr 2011, 14:43

HBO put a bunch more stuff up on demand. I'm really excited.

If you haven't read the books, you can check all that stuff out but avoid any fan sites or that stuff. There's way too many spoilers out there. The series has too many surprises and twists and turns and it would be ruined for a lot of folks. And they start off pretty quickly.
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby SouthernYokel » 05 Apr 2011, 14:47

Dunking Donut wrote:HBO put a bunch more stuff up on demand. I'm really excited.

If you haven't read the books, you can check all that stuff out but avoid any fan sites or that stuff. There's way too many spoilers out there. The series has too many surprises and twists and turns and it would be ruined for a lot of folks. And they start off pretty quickly.

really, it starts off quickly? I was so daunted by the number of pages that i figured it couldn't possibly start fast.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Next

Return to TV