Streaming TV Shows Online

Re: Streaming TV Shows Online

Postby the cheese » 28 Feb 2017, 17:06

Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:leaning hard on the sports. i like it. and Bravo so the white will approve the bill. smart. these google people know their stuff.

Basically I think it has what the 2 Sling packages have together, plus network TV, for $5 less per month. Seems like a solid deal.

ETA: Unlimited Cloud DVR as well. I think this is good enough to make me switch.

That's definitely enough. I'm sold.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 Feb 2017, 17:22

the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:leaning hard on the sports. i like it. and Bravo so the white will approve the bill. smart. these google people know their stuff.

Basically I think it has what the 2 Sling packages have together, plus network TV, for $5 less per month. Seems like a solid deal.

ETA: Unlimited Cloud DVR as well. I think this is good enough to make me switch.

That's definitely enough. I'm sold.

I will wait to hear the experience of others first but I could find myself switching to this as well.

Networks missing that I'd like: Comedy Central, AMC, HBO. Obv there's an HBO streaming option. The other two I could probably manage around without too much difficulty.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Apr 2017, 08:27

I downloaded Kodi onto my Fire Stick last night. This has potential.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 27 Apr 2017, 08:49

Briandong79 wrote:I downloaded Kodi onto my Fire Stick last night. This has potential.

I've been meaning to do that. Please report back on whether it lives up to the potential.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Apr 2017, 08:54

TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I downloaded Kodi onto my Fire Stick last night. This has potential.

I've been meaning to do that. Please report back on whether it lives up to the potential.

It looks impressive. It's a bit beyond my technological competency but there are enough walk throughs online. Basically, you download Kodi and then you have to download a program (basically like a Torrent player). Once you have that, looks to be pretty easy peasy and the picture looks solid.

I watched Jailbait :oops: In my defense, I discovered last weekend that it's no longer on Netflix.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 27 Apr 2017, 08:55

Don't steal content, counselor.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby chrisco » 27 Apr 2017, 09:21

Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

It looks impressive. It's a bit beyond my technological competency but there are enough walk throughs online. Basically, you download Kodi and then you have to download a program (basically like a Torrent player). Once you have that, looks to be pretty easy peasy and the picture looks solid.

I watched Jailbait :oops: In my defense, I discovered last weekend that it's no longer on Netflix.

Exodus is the video player that does all the heavy lifting. In the Television section, there's an option that will get you into a menu tree that has every show sorted by Network/Show Name/Season.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Apr 2017, 09:24

chrisco wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Exodus is the video player that does all the heavy lifting. In the Television section, there's an option that will get you into a menu tree that has every show sorted by Network/Show Name/Season.

Yes, Exodus is the one I downloaded, couldn't recall the name of it. TY.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 01 Jun 2017, 08:25

So my cord cutting works well 95% of the time (Sling has really upped their game in the last few months, I haven't had an issue with it in forever). However, the 1 time of year that I do is right now. We have a lot of trees behind our house. When there are not leaves on the trees, I can get every single broadcast channel crystal clear, no skipping, no issues. When there are leaves on the trees, I can get every channel just fine with no issues...except ABC. Which carries the Finals. Now, it appears that I can get the Finals on ESPN 3 and stream it through Sling. It is at least listed as an available option. I've never tried it before, but presumably it works. Anyone by chance happen to know?
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Goobis » 01 Jun 2017, 11:02

Briandong79 wrote:So my cord cutting works well 95% of the time (Sling has really upped their game in the last few months, I haven't had an issue with it in forever). However, the 1 time of year that I do is right now. We have a lot of trees behind our house. When there are not leaves on the trees, I can get every single broadcast channel crystal clear, no skipping, no issues. When there are leaves on the trees, I can get every channel just fine with no issues...except ABC. Which carries the Finals. Now, it appears that I can get the Finals on ESPN 3 and stream it through Sling. It is at least listed as an available option. I've never tried it before, but presumably it works. Anyone by chance happen to know?

Put the WatchESPN app on your fire stick/Roku/whatever and watch on that. Get a friend's Cable/satellite log in info to view live content.
Goobis
Statue Enthusiast

Postby Goose » 01 Jun 2017, 12:45

Goobis wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:So my cord cutting works well 95% of the time (Sling has really upped their game in the last few months, I haven't had an issue with it in forever). However, the 1 time of year that I do is right now. We have a lot of trees behind our house. When there are not leaves on the trees, I can get every single broadcast channel crystal clear, no skipping, no issues. When there are leaves on the trees, I can get every channel just fine with no issues...except ABC. Which carries the Finals. Now, it appears that I can get the Finals on ESPN 3 and stream it through Sling. It is at least listed as an available option. I've never tried it before, but presumably it works. Anyone by chance happen to know?

Put the WatchESPN app on your fire stick/Roku/whatever and watch on that. Get a friend's Cable/satellite log in info to view live content.

Or...

Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby SouthernYokel » 01 Jun 2017, 13:23

i was in great shape until the stanley cup finals, where my wife has suddenly developed a deep connection with the predators because she likes the city and Carrie Underwood's husband plays for the team. Game 2 was on NBCSN, which i do not currently have a way to access because i've never wanted to access it. Luckily she forgot about how much she loved the predz by about 8:15 and we watched something else.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Jun 2017, 14:40

Goobis wrote:

Update: WatchESPN app worked great with my Sling log in. Watched on my iPad, didn't even bother with the big TV.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 10 Jul 2017, 09:59

I think I'm gonna dump cable when I move. Has anyone tried both Sling TV and Playstation Vue and have any thoughts on which is better? I'm leaning towards PS Vue based on the initial research I've done. The DVR option seems like a good selling point, and from what I gather you can't do that with Sling unless you buy extra hardware and pay a monthly fee. I also like that NESN is included in the $45 package, and it doesn't appear to be available on Sling at all.

I see PS Vue has regular networks included, too. Are those the local feed? In other words, can I get all my network and cable stuff through one place, rather than having to use an OTA antenna for local news and stuff and then fire up the Vue to watch cable? That seems like a huge bonus to be able to get all channels through a single source.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby CourtesyFlush » 10 Jul 2017, 10:05

TheWolf wrote:I think I'm gonna dump cable when I move. Has anyone tried both Sling TV and Playstation Vue and have any thoughts on which is better? I'm leaning towards PS Vue based on the initial research I've done. The DVR option seems like a good selling point, and from what I gather you can't do that with Sling unless you buy extra hardware and pay a monthly fee. I also like that NESN is included in the $45 package, and it doesn't appear to be available on Sling at all.

I see PS Vue has regular networks included, too. Are those the local feed? In other words, can I get all my network and cable stuff through one place, rather than having to use an OTA antenna for local news and stuff and then fire up the Vue to watch cable? That seems like a huge bonus to be able to get all channels through a single source.

I've had Sling for about 2 years now and love it. I just recently switched over to the Orange package from the Blue and will watch the ESPN networks (since they're not included in the Orange package) via the Watch ESPN app.

I can't speak to the PS Vue part of the post since I don't have a PS console--I use an antenna for local channels.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to TV