Streaming TV Shows Online

Re: Streaming TV Shows Online

Postby the cheese » 28 Feb 2017, 17:06

Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:leaning hard on the sports. i like it. and Bravo so the white will approve the bill. smart. these google people know their stuff.

Basically I think it has what the 2 Sling packages have together, plus network TV, for $5 less per month. Seems like a solid deal.

ETA: Unlimited Cloud DVR as well. I think this is good enough to make me switch.

That's definitely enough. I'm sold.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 Feb 2017, 17:22

the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:leaning hard on the sports. i like it. and Bravo so the white will approve the bill. smart. these google people know their stuff.

Basically I think it has what the 2 Sling packages have together, plus network TV, for $5 less per month. Seems like a solid deal.

ETA: Unlimited Cloud DVR as well. I think this is good enough to make me switch.

That's definitely enough. I'm sold.

I will wait to hear the experience of others first but I could find myself switching to this as well.

Networks missing that I'd like: Comedy Central, AMC, HBO. Obv there's an HBO streaming option. The other two I could probably manage around without too much difficulty.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Apr 2017, 08:27

I downloaded Kodi onto my Fire Stick last night. This has potential.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 27 Apr 2017, 08:49

Briandong79 wrote:I downloaded Kodi onto my Fire Stick last night. This has potential.

I've been meaning to do that. Please report back on whether it lives up to the potential.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Apr 2017, 08:54

TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I downloaded Kodi onto my Fire Stick last night. This has potential.

I've been meaning to do that. Please report back on whether it lives up to the potential.

It looks impressive. It's a bit beyond my technological competency but there are enough walk throughs online. Basically, you download Kodi and then you have to download a program (basically like a Torrent player). Once you have that, looks to be pretty easy peasy and the picture looks solid.

I watched Jailbait :oops: In my defense, I discovered last weekend that it's no longer on Netflix.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 27 Apr 2017, 08:55

Don't steal content, counselor.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby chrisco » 27 Apr 2017, 09:21

Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

It looks impressive. It's a bit beyond my technological competency but there are enough walk throughs online. Basically, you download Kodi and then you have to download a program (basically like a Torrent player). Once you have that, looks to be pretty easy peasy and the picture looks solid.

I watched Jailbait :oops: In my defense, I discovered last weekend that it's no longer on Netflix.

Exodus is the video player that does all the heavy lifting. In the Television section, there's an option that will get you into a menu tree that has every show sorted by Network/Show Name/Season.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Apr 2017, 09:24

chrisco wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Exodus is the video player that does all the heavy lifting. In the Television section, there's an option that will get you into a menu tree that has every show sorted by Network/Show Name/Season.

Yes, Exodus is the one I downloaded, couldn't recall the name of it. TY.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Previous

Return to TV