Late Night TV

Re: Late Night TV

Postby JichaelDick » 02 May 2017, 07:49

Rodney Farva wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:Samantha Bee's outfit for her “Not The White House Correspondents' Dinner” was mostly white with a little bit of black...

...just like her kids' prep school.

........not shedding any tears for them, because he probably should have kept his yap shut at the meeting, the 'don't talk to the press' think was a stupid thing to say, and as a public figure who makes a living tearing people down she's naturally going to have a bullseye on her back.

This is what it boils down to for me. Maybe Sam disagrees with her husband, although I doubt it. But she never, ever, EVER gives people she disagrees with the most flattering interpretation of their actions, and in fact often comes up with the most sinister. She deserves absolutely no sympathy or benefit of the doubt, because Christ knows if someone like Ted (or, to be more precise, Heidi) Cruz were in the same boat, it'd be EVISCERATION time. Sorry I'm not sorry.

ETA: This ain't at you, really, Farv, I appreciated you taking down the Raw Story fake news article.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Rodney Farva » 02 May 2017, 07:55

JichaelDick wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:Samantha Bee's outfit for her “Not The White House Correspondents' Dinner” was mostly white with a little bit of black...

...just like her kids' prep school.

........not shedding any tears for them, because he probably should have kept his yap shut at the meeting, the 'don't talk to the press' think was a stupid thing to say, and as a public figure who makes a living tearing people down she's naturally going to have a bullseye on her back.

This is what it boils down to for me. Maybe Sam disagrees with her husband, although I doubt it. But she never, ever, EVER gives people she disagrees with the most flattering interpretation of their actions, and in fact often comes up with the most sinister. She deserves absolutely no sympathy or benefit of the doubt, because Christ knows if someone like Ted (or, to be more precise, Heidi) Cruz were in the same boat, it'd be EVISCERATION time. Sorry I'm not sorry.

ETA: This ain't at you, really, Farv, I appreciated you taking down the Raw Story fake news article.

i don't think there's enough there to say he wants his kids in a lilly white school, let alone her. but like i said, i'm not going to weep for either of them.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby JichaelDick » 02 May 2017, 08:03

Farv, I'm following the Golden Rule, I'm treating her like she likes to treat others.

If she gives someone she disagrees with the benefit of the doubt, or actually clarifies her and/or her husband's thinking, I may soften.

Until then, as far as I'm concerned, she's no better than any number of deplorable folks who pull their kids from the local districts here because a couple of black families and Hispanics moved in.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby SouthernYokel » 02 May 2017, 08:07

JichaelDick wrote:Farv, I'm following the Golden Rule, I'm treating her like she likes to treat others.

i believe this may be the opposite of the golden rule
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 02 May 2017, 08:08

JichaelDick wrote:Farv, I'm following the Golden Rule, I'm treating her like she likes to treat others.

If she gives someone she disagrees with the benefit of the doubt, or actually clarifies her and/or her husband's thinking, I may soften.

Until then, as far as I'm concerned, she's no better than any number of deplorable folks who pull their kids from the local districts here because a couple of black families and Hispanics moved in.

I'm no fan of Samantha Bee, but eviscerating people she disagrees with is literally her job. I'm not holding my breath expecting her to give them the benefit of the doubt.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JichaelDick » 02 May 2017, 08:12

TheWolf wrote:

I'm no fan of Samantha Bee, but eviscerating people she disagrees with is literally her job. I'm not holding my breath expecting her to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Which is pretty much the reason I'm not. Evisceration culture fucking sucks
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 May 2017, 09:35

TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 02 May 2017, 09:46

SouthernYokel wrote:

underrated post. that's not my understanding of the golden rule. also, are people really upset with where her kids go to school or is it fake outrage from people who disagree with her politics? not aimed at jike, just curious, if people make alot of money seems natural they would want to put their kids in as nice of a school as possible :beatsme:
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby Goose » 02 May 2017, 09:48

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Image

I agree.

Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby Gregs Kite » 02 May 2017, 09:52

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

underrated post. that's not my understanding of the golden rule. also, are people really upset with where her kids go to school or is it fake outrage from people who disagree with her politics? not aimed at jike, just curious, if people make alot of money seems natural they would want to put their kids in as nice of a school as possible :beatsme:

She is a liberally slanted performer, so no matter what she does the opposite side of the aisle will do whatever it takes to shoehorn any negative tibit or twist anything she says to try and take her down. It's fun and never gets old.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 02 May 2017, 10:10

purty much! not as if they couldn't afford private school, there are a zillion lilly white private schools for them to choose from closer than the proposed new location of their public school.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby BigJohnStudd » 02 May 2017, 10:52

Rodney Farva wrote:you can extrapolate that out to "samantha bee doesn't want her kids going to school with brown kids" if you want, i guess.

Not that I needed your permission, but thanks. I will continue to do so.

Now, can I get 6 or seven paragraphs defending Stephen Colbert's revolting homophobic slur on last night's "Late Night"? Thanks.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Goose » 02 May 2017, 11:09

BigJohnStudd wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:you can extrapolate that out to "samantha bee doesn't want her kids going to school with brown kids" if you want, i guess.

Now, can I get 6 or seven paragraphs defending Stephen Colbert's revolting homophobic slur on last night's "Late Night"? Thanks.

Homophobic slur or not, I laughed when I heard it.

At one point, Colbert said “In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock holster.”

Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby chrisco » 02 May 2017, 11:11

1. Economic inequality and long term residents being priced out of the city has been the overriding narrative of NYC for the last 5 years. If a story can be viewed through that lens, it will be.

2. School relocation/expansion/district zoning is a particularly sensitive topic under the narrative of income inequality. Park Slope has been in this debate for 5 plus years now, and its not a good look for parents who have been arguing for the status quo. These parents are typically upper income and more recent residents who have benefited the most from the changes in NYC over the last 15-20 years.

Them asking that the engine that made NYC livable for them suddenly stop because everything is just right, is unreasonable. Anyone asking NYC to stop growing in any form because they like it just the way it is should go chase windmills because they'll have a better chance against them.

3. Given 1 and 2, its nearly impossible to take the position that Bee's husband did and not come out looking wrong. No matter how it was said or the intent, the larger storylines are going to be against you.

4. For many, NYC is not the city itself but rather the collection of things in it that you value most. For most people that starts with their neighborhood and works outwards. This is especially true for parents who see a collapsing of their universe once they have kids. Its possible that Bee's husband was fully aware that he'd be put on blast no matter what, and still chose to do it because his version of NYC is more important to him than Jike's opinion in Alabama. People act in their own self interest.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 May 2017, 11:13

Goose wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:

Homophobic slur or not, I laughed when I heard it.

At one point, Colbert said “In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock holster.”

mah nigga

TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to TV