Sportscentury

Postby Colonel Angus » 23 Feb 2006, 14:13

JichaelDick wrote:And, one horse...who was ahead of Mickey Mantle, Edwin Moses, and Bo Jackson (who, IIRC, was not even on the top 50 athletes of all-time list).

Was it the horse whose hormones Barry Bonds uses?
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby JichaelDick » 23 Feb 2006, 14:15

I think so...they took all the hormones out of Secretariat before she died, then gave them to Bonds.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Rickey Sez » 23 Feb 2006, 14:17

JichaelDick wrote:I think so...they took all the hormones out of Secretariat before she died, then gave them to Bonds.

Well, that explains the tits.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 23 Feb 2006, 14:33

JichaelDick wrote:I think so...they took all the hormones out of Secretariat before she died, then gave them to Bonds.

Secretariat was male. That's inexcusable from someone who touts their Southern-ness as much as you do.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby JichaelDick » 23 Feb 2006, 14:34

Montecore's Revenge wrote:

Secretariat was male. That's inexcusable from someone who touts their Southern-ness as much as you do.

I don't watch horse racin'. That's too uppity for a genteel Southerner like myself.

For some reason, I thought only 3-year-old fillies were eligible for Triple Crown races. Guess I was wrong.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 23 Feb 2006, 14:42

JichaelDick wrote:
Montecore's Revenge wrote:

I don't watch horse racin'. That's too uppity for a genteel Southerner like myself.

For some reason, I thought only 3-year-old fillies were eligible for Triple Crown races. Guess I was wrong.

You can probably count the number of fillies who have won a Triple Crown race in the past 50 years on two hands.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby JichaelDick » 23 Feb 2006, 14:42

I really should follow racin' more closely.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheDooze » 23 Feb 2006, 15:18

If horses drove the cars, THAT would be a sport.
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby SouthernYokel » 23 Feb 2006, 15:20

TheDooze wrote:If horses drove the cars, THAT would be a sport.

No, THAT would be a dooze wetdream.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Re:

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Feb 2017, 20:30

TheDooze wrote:The weird thing is that 20-21 were two Detroiters, Howe and Cobb, and 30-31 were two Bostoners, Bird and Orr.

That's so weird!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Re: Re:

Postby Frank the Tank » 16 Feb 2017, 08:28

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
TheDooze wrote:The weird thing is that 20-21 were two Detroiters, Howe and Cobb, and 30-31 were two Bostoners, Bird and Orr.

That's so weird!

I love how BSMB goes through old Dooze posts when he's feeling down like a depressed single person goes through old love letters. Or love texts. Or whatever the fuck the modern equivalent is.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Re: Re:

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 16 Feb 2017, 09:07

Frank the Tank wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

That's so weird!

I love how BSMB goes through old Dooze posts when he's feeling down like a depressed single person goes through old love letters. Or love texts. Or whatever the fuck the modern equivalent is.

No, I did a search for "Detroiters" and this was the only post that came up.

Btw has anyone seen this new show on Comedy Central called "Detroiters"? There have been 2 eps. It's Workaholics-esque. These two idiots, a white and a black, run a crappy ad agency in Detroit. Funny stuff happens.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Previous

Return to TV