The Wire

Re: The Wire

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 18 Jul 2016, 13:20

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Colonel Angus » 19 Aug 2016, 08:35

"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Goose » 19 Aug 2016, 14:25

NSFW. Lots of fucks given.

I feel bad for Bunk, but at least the YouTube function seems to be working again.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby BigJohnStudd » 19 Aug 2016, 17:10

Goose wrote:I feel bad for Bunk, but at least the YouTube function seems to be working again.

Awesome! Canada Music thread, here I come!
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby mister bacon » 18 Jan 2017, 21:33

so i'm watching this show for the first time. i have one ep left in season one. it's good so far. but god damn it sucks they killed wallace. i mean they absolutely had to but still damn.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby TheWolf » 18 Jan 2017, 21:39

Where Wallace at?

Yeah, that was shitty. How could you not root for Wallace?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 18 Jan 2017, 21:40

Bacon, how come you haven't watched before now?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Dthefritz » 18 Jan 2017, 22:33

TheWolf wrote:Where Wallace at?

Yeah, that was shitty. How could you not root for Wallace?

If you're a shithead wannabe tough guy. David Simon addressed this in an interview once:

MILLS: People, particularly those who comment on the HBO boards, are reading the show as if it’s just a soap opera of their daily lives, and they’re applying their own morals –

SIMON: When I started reading that shit about how Namond was a punk, and Namond deserves to get got, I’d be reading this shit and going: “He’s 14 fucking years old! He deserves a childhood!

Different part of the story, but I've heard similar shit about the Wallace situation. In case you haven't noticed, people are the worst sometimes.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mister bacon » 19 Jan 2017, 15:23

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Bacon, how come you haven't watched before now?

when i had HBO it was before all the wire was streaming on demand, and so i didnt want to start in the middle of the series. and then by the time it was all streaming i no longer subscribed to HBO. and then when it went live on amazon prime i wanted to block out a bit of time with not a lot going on (like the time after xmas but before the spring) to hunker down and watch it like i did with battlestar gallactica. i'm 3 eps into season 2. the dock shit was sort of confusing at first but i'm starting to catch on i think.

i'm pissed about D being in jail for 20 years tho. i mean, it's realistic but hits a little too close to home for me. see that shit every day. wee bey i think is my new favorite character. dude has the heart and demeanor of all the guys i've met that eventually caught bodies or got got.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 19 Jan 2017, 15:34

mister bacon wrote:

when i had HBO it was before all the wire was streaming on demand, and so i didnt want to start in the middle of the series. and then by the time it was all streaming i no longer subscribed to HBO. and then when it went live on amazon prime i wanted to block out a bit of time with not a lot going on (like the time after xmas but before the spring) to hunker down and watch it like i did with battlestar gallactica. i'm 3 eps into season 2. the dock shit was sort of confusing at first but i'm starting to catch on i think.

i'm pissed about D being in jail for 20 years tho. i mean, it's realistic but hits a little too close to home for me. see that shit every day. wee bey i think is my new favorite character. dude has the heart and demeanor of all the guys i've met that eventually caught bodies or got got.

Enjoy Nick Sobatka's girlfriend, ;)
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Theny » 19 Jan 2017, 15:51

Wee Bey currently serving a 950 year jail term. :lol:

/spoiler alert/
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Goose » 23 Jan 2017, 15:40

mister bacon wrote:

I got a little good news/bad news about D serving the full 20.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 23 Jan 2017, 15:46

Goose wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

Lemme here the good news first.......
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby chrisco » 23 Jan 2017, 17:17

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Goose wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

Lemme here the good news first.......

It's only 20 years.
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mister bacon » 25 Jan 2017, 08:45

i'm at ep six in season three. avon is trying to muscle in on marlo's corners because 'he wants them' and has just kicked off what looks to be a gang war. as avon reasserts his authority over the business, stringer is becoming alienated. i'm curious about the pacing on the conflict between avon and stringer. if avon could just keep his head out of the street shit they'd be printing money. i love how young and hungry marlo is.

my favorite aspect of this season is the contrast between that broken windows-style policing that gets them nowhere, and deep CI work that involves getting people to cooperate with them. in my experience with my clients involved in narcotics, this is absolutely 100% true.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

PreviousNext

Return to TV