Battlestar Galactica

Battlestar Galactica

Postby firstborn » 27 Dec 2005, 17:09

Okay I have been hesitant to post about this show. I am far from a sci-fi freak, never really lied Star Trek or Star Wars that much but this show is really good. I highly recommend picking up the first season DVD set as well as the set of the first half of season 2.

Time named it the best show of the year for what it is worth.

Someone else much watch this... it's seriously really good.
jack_daniels - Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm: i disappointed a lot of chicks over the years, wouldnt be surprised
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby sportsdorkhater » 29 Dec 2005, 14:52

sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby jack_daniels » 29 Dec 2005, 14:53

Hahahahaha.

I didn't want to say anything, cuz of fear that fb might crucify me or something.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Colonel Angus » 29 Dec 2005, 14:54

I just can't get over that they made Starbuck a chick. Plus the new Cylons, while smoking hot, are nowhere near as cool as the old Cylons.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby sportsdorkhater » 29 Dec 2005, 15:00

Colonel Angus wrote:I just can't get over that they made Starbuck a chick. Plus the new Cylons, while smoking hot, are nowhere near as cool as the old Cylons.

the Cylons were cool. Starbuck is a chick now? yikes
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Theny » 29 Dec 2005, 15:02

sportsdorkhater wrote:Image

That was awesome SDH. I can't stop laughing. :lol:
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Briandong79 » 29 Dec 2005, 15:04

sportsdorkhater wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:I just can't get over that they made Starbuck a chick. Plus the new Cylons, while smoking hot, are nowhere near as cool as the old Cylons.

I had a Cylon action figure when I was little. We used him as like a super Stormtrooper. And the new chick they have playing Starbuck is pretty hot, in a lesbian-ish sort of way.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Dunking Donut » 29 Dec 2005, 15:06

I'll try and rent it or something. My brother-in-law has been bugging me to check it out for a while.

I don't remember a lot of the original. I think I thought that robot was cool (winkie or whatever it's name was).
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Colonel Angus » 29 Dec 2005, 15:10

Briandean79 wrote:
sportsdorkhater wrote:

I had a Cylon action figure when I was little. We used him as like a super Stormtrooper. And the new chick they have playing Starbuck is pretty hot, in a lesbian-ish sort of way.

Holy shit, that's eerie... I had exactly one Battlestar Galactica figure, also a Cylon, and he held exactly the same esteem among my action figures - he was like a kick-ass, souped-up Stormtrooper.

And don't get me wrong - I don't mind adding hot chicks to anything. Just don't change existing characters, especially ones previously played by Faceman, to hot chicks. Hell, they should have just gotten Dirk Benedict to play him again... but they were probably concerned he would monopolize all the hot chicks they were adding...
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby bosux » 29 Dec 2005, 15:33

i loved the original when i was a kid
winkie, or twinkie was the gay robot on 'buck rogers', iirc
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Tecmo Bo » 29 Dec 2005, 17:02

Colonel Angus wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:
sportsdorkhater wrote:

Holy shit, that's eerie... I had exactly one Battlestar Galactica figure, also a Cylon, and he held exactly the same esteem among my action figures - he was like a kick-ass, souped-up Stormtrooper.

And don't get me wrong - I don't mind adding hot chicks to anything. Just don't change existing characters, especially ones previously played by Faceman, to hot chicks. Hell, they should have just gotten Dirk Benedict to play him again... but they were probably concerned he would monopolize all the hot chicks they were adding...

That makes three of us using the Cylon as a souped up storm trooper, though to eb honest, i had no idea it WASN'T a souped up Storm Trooper until i read this thread and wondered what the hell a Cylon was so I googled it.
I had that disk-shaped spakescip too, that thing was cool. I may check this series out.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby WampaOne » 30 Dec 2005, 07:34

Twiki was the robot from Buck Rogers. I had that action figure. Here?s him:
I never had a cylon action figure. I had a Red Robot action figure from The Black Hole (yikes!).
Battlestar Galactica had a robot dog, who was always around witht he kid, muffit
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby Dunking Donut » 30 Dec 2005, 12:15

Nice bowl cut on that kid.

I apologize, I got the wrong series. But I did see The Black Hole at the drive-in when I was a kid. I remember this because the projector caught on fire half way through and we had to leave.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby WampaOne » 30 Dec 2005, 12:56

Dunking Donut wrote: I did see The Black Hole at the drive-in when I was a kid. I remember this because the projector caught on fire half way through and we had to leave.

At least you could get something interesting from that trip to the movies. I sat through the whole thing, and even at the age of 9, I could tell that movie sucked. The Disney Star Wars they said...what a waste.
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby Colonel Angus » 30 Dec 2005, 13:37

That movie really was pretty dreadful. And I had such high hopes for it too, with such a cool-looking red robot.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Next

Return to TV