Sopranos

Re: Sopranos

Postby ctz31 » 31 Oct 2017, 13:31

quote="Goose"]If it's not a Rumsfeld, ass for ctz.

Top 5 non-Sopranos James Gandolfini roles.

Put it in the Top 5 movies or Sopranos thread please.[/quote]

FIRST OF ALL, the day we lost james was an extreme tragedy in my community, and should be a national holiday. RIP T. #GOAT

That being said, i think i've seen him in a bunch of shit, but barely remember any of them. I made a list of the movies that i'm pretty sure i've seen and i'll work off of that. I hate when they try and make T soft in certain movies. He should always play a bad ass.

HM: The Mexican. I know i seen this. It has brad pitt. I couldn't tell you anything else about it. The Last Castle. I believe this had that actor from the Natural. Paul Newman? I think i remember this being stinky and T not being great in it. He played a general.

I also seen he was in Crimson Tide, which people spooge over, but i have not seen this.

5. Surviving Christmas. It makes the list because i've seen most of it and remember some of it. It has Ben Affleck as a guy who pays to celebrate christmas with T's family for the holidays and hilarity ensues. I'm pretty sure Ben gets on T's daughter, which he is ok with because ben isn't a charcoal briquette.

4. Get Shorty. I know i've seen this, but i don't remember it at all. So i went to the tape to see if i enjoyed. Here is my preview:

Get Shorty. Starred John Travolta, Gene Hackman, Rene Russo, Danny Devito, Dennis Farina, Tony Soprano, Marcelino, the bum from sein that steals the rickshaw, and some black actor who i can't place. All star cast. Pretty good movie. I'm sure many of you seen it so i won't waste time discussing the plot. I had no idea Farina was dead btw. Did you know Farina, Galdofini and the writer of this movie Elron Leonard all died within a few weeks of each other? Weird shit. RIP T.

3. The last boy scout. This is the best movie on the list by far but i don't even remember gandolfini. I think he was uncredited. Oh well, this is where we are with this list.

2. True Romance. This is another good movie, although somewhat overrated by the masses. The eggplant scene is an all timer though. T had a good scene in this and was bad ass being the shit out of that one sexy but not necessarily good looking actress. Something arquette i believe.

1. The Drop. This is a main role for T and a decent film, so it gets the nod.

Here is my preview:
Saturday night on a whim I stopped at the Redbox and picked up a film called The Drop starring some actor, and Galdolfini. It was about a coupla guys that ran a bar in a corrupt town where all the bars had to kick back to these gangsters. Throughout most of the movie I was thinking that it was just ok, but i always say, a movie is about 75% entertaining me throughout and 25% the ending, and this movie managed to stick the landing. Very happy with the surprise twist at the end. I think this may have been soprano's last work. I dunno if I'd watch again, but it was pretty decent. Probably leaning NOT, but would recommend

Sounds like a decent enough review to land the top spot here.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 31 Oct 2017, 13:39

ctz31 wrote:2. True Romance. This is another good movie, although somewhat overrated by the masses. The eggplant scene is an all timer though. T had a good scene in this and was bad ass being the shit out of that one sexy but not necessarily good looking actress. Something arquette i believe.

Solid take.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 31 Oct 2017, 14:02

Paul Newman. lol nice.

T was in some shitty movies.

Was Sil ever in anything besides Sopranos and Bruce?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 Oct 2017, 14:03

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Paul Newman. lol nice.

Not a Lilyhammer fan?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 31 Oct 2017, 14:16

Gregs Kite wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Paul Newman. lol nice.

Not a Lilyhammer fan?

He doesn't have Netflix, he's not a child.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Goose » 31 Oct 2017, 14:16

Nice list ctz.

I'll go with...

HM: The Mexican, The Last Castle and Surviving Christmas. I've never seen any of them.

5. Last Boy Scout. Great, stupid movie. Should be higher, but don't remember him being in it.

4. Crimson Tide. Another great, stupid movie. but T just played one of Gene Hackman's goons. Points docked for being on the losing side.

3. The Drop. I'm surprised you liked his character in this one. He was a washed up goomba who gave up his crew and his place to the Jitz squad, then got played by his half-retarded nephew. Great twist at the end, though.

2. Get Shorty. Best movie on this list. Eminently re-watchable. Nice change of pace for him.

1. True Romance. This is a great movie and, I think, probably his best role on the list.

"Okay, Sugarpop, we've come to what I like to call the moment of truth."
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Basketball Jesus

Postby chrisco » 31 Oct 2017, 14:29

So one day a messageboard that loves your TV show and my TV show is going to diss your last movie even though it was pretty good.

BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby jman » 31 Oct 2017, 14:32

Goose wrote:4. Crimson Tide. Another great, stupid movie. but T just played one of Gene Hackman's goons. Points docked for being on the losing side.

Points awarded for being just an out and out total dick though. And he doesn't like the black guy, OF COURSE.
jman
Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson

Postby mj3528 » 31 Oct 2017, 14:32

He didn't have a big role in this one, but this is T's greatest movie:

Zero Dark Thirty.

I love Jessica Chastain's look in this movie:

2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Oct 2017, 14:36

perhaps you are the susana spears posing with guns target audience
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 31 Oct 2017, 14:37

That's not Jessica Chastain.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mj3528 » 31 Oct 2017, 14:39

MisterTambourineMan wrote:That's not Jessica Chastain.

you may be correct. something looked off. anyways, here is one of her:

2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby TheWolf » 31 Oct 2017, 15:01

I like that look too. The hot look. /Bald

MTM, I laughed out loud at your simple statement of fact there. Who is the other broad? I like her too. A reverse GIS of it suggests "Jessica Chastain Zero Dark Thirty," so I guess I don't blame #s for his confusion. She sorta looks a little Anna Paquin-ish, but I don't think it's here.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Oct 2017, 15:03

it is a random instagram model. She is modeling that weapon in the photo. here she is with a larger gun

BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Dthefritz » 31 Oct 2017, 17:05

Goose wrote:3. The Drop. I'm surprised you liked his character in this one. He was a washed up goomba who gave up his crew and his place to the Jitz squad, then got played by his half-retarded nephew. Great twist at the end, though.

This is a highly underrated movie, big fan. Ctz was correct to put it number one

Jim was also great in In The Loop, a movie by the veep guy very much in that same spirit, although from the British perspective. Gandolfini plays an American General trying to stop an invasion of NotIraq and tangles with the pro-war Brits:

Dthefritz
tl;dr

PreviousNext

Return to TV