Sopranos

Re: Sopranos

Postby Goose » 17 Jul 2017, 14:08

ctz31 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
chrisco wrote:The Sopranos - True family or a glorified crew?

Christopher was considered a future boss, i'll vote glorified crew.

I don't know about this. Chrissy was a future boss when he was young and motivated. But over time, as the drugs took over, T slowly realized that whole thing was a pipe dream. I'd still lean glorified crew, on T going to a psychiatrist alone, and all his mental health issues around his ma. You can't have a legit crew being run by someone that fucked up, who is willing to talk about stuff and put the whole operation in jeopardy. Plus they had a fanook in their operation. FOH.

It's been a long time since I've watched the show, but I'd put these guys way below the Corleone family, Remo's outfit and Paulie Cicero's crew, but several steps above Sonny Black's gang. I don't see Tony owning Las Vegas or running the entire northeast, but I don't think his guys are breaking into parking meters either.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Dthefritz » 17 Jul 2017, 17:44

Goose wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
chrisco wrote:The Sopranos - True family or a glorified crew?

Christopher was considered a future boss, i'll vote glorified crew.

I don't know about this. Chrissy was a future boss when he was young and motivated. But over time, as the drugs took over, T slowly realized that whole thing was a pipe dream. I'd still lean glorified crew, on T going to a psychiatrist alone, and all his mental health issues around his ma. You can't have a legit crew being run by someone that fucked up, who is willing to talk about stuff and put the whole operation in jeopardy. Plus they had a fanook in their operation. FOH.

It's been a long time since I've watched the show, but I'd put these guys way below the Corleone family, Remo's outfit and Paulie Cicero's crew, but several steps above Sonny Black's gang. I don't see Tony owning Las Vegas or running the entire northeast, but I don't think his guys are breaking into parking meters either.

Well Corleone is loosely based on lucky Luciano, who was the father of the mafia and remo is directly based on Joey aiuppa, who was the boss of Chicago back when that really meant something. So obviously they can't fill those shoes.

Sonny black and Paulie Cicero were both capos, so they were the equivalent of Ralphie or Paulie in mob hierarchy. which tells you how much more together those families were than "this little pygmy thing in Jersey "

that said the Cicero crew were mooks and complete fuck ups. to a dirt poor kid from East New York, Paulie was a God, but in the context of the mob he didn't mean much. selling stolen cigarettes and steaks isn't exactly high Roller shit. the only noteworthy thing they did was the Lufthansa heist, and they fucked that up so badly they had to kill half their own crew just to avoid getting busted. that's to say nothing of killing a made guy for no good reason and selling drugs in the most of obvious way possible, employing incompetent drug addicted woman in the process.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 22 Jul 2017, 10:15

Detective Makazian has died. #GOAT

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby God Shamgod » 22 Jul 2017, 15:11

I liked when he asked T what he thought about the Rutgers game and that he had a dime on it. T was like "sure that will solve all your problems"

Sticks with me.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby bosux » 24 Jul 2017, 09:04

i been over that bridge too many times to count...always think of that scene
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby ctz31 » 24 Jul 2017, 13:10

God Shamgod wrote:I liked when he asked T what he thought about the Rutgers game and that he had a dime on it. T was like "sure that will solve all your problems"

Sticks with me.

This is unfortunate. RIP to the degenerate with a badge. GOAT
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 Sep 2017, 11:50

RIP to your next half hour of productivity:

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby bosux » 03 Oct 2017, 14:15

all the sausage talk (not that kind, ctz) in the box reminded me of one of my fave GOAT scenes:

if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 04 Oct 2017, 14:48

bo: are you a gavone or a cultured italian?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby bosux » 04 Oct 2017, 16:20

Dr Jeckyll wrote:bo: are you a gavone or a cultured italian?

the son of a greaseball...whilst i am sweaty and somewhat swarthy, i attended college and made a white collar living...during summers in college i worked for my pop's pasta manufacturing company, and spent more than a few afternoons over beers at my uncle pino's dry cleaner and tailor shop
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Dthefritz » 04 Oct 2017, 18:40

bosux wrote:

the son of a greaseball...whilst i am sweaty and somewhat swarthy, i attended college and made a white collar living...during summers in college i worked for my pop's pasta manufacturing company, and spent more than a few afternoons over beers at my uncle pino's dry cleaner and tailor shop

So your family are Southerners. And you are therefore not a cultured Italian.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby ctz31 » 04 Oct 2017, 19:03

bosux wrote:

Tell us more about this uncle Pino.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby bosux » 05 Oct 2017, 20:30

ctz31 wrote:
bosux wrote:

from trenton...lives in FL near my pop now...every time i see him he slaps me on the face and tells me i'm a good kid...he and my dad go to italy for months at a time...i have no idea what they do over there besides sitting on their asses
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Dthefritz » 05 Oct 2017, 21:03

bosux wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
bosux wrote:

from trenton...lives in FL near my pop now...every time i see him he slaps me on the face and tells me i'm a good kid...he and my dad go to italy for months at a time...i have no idea what they do over there besides sitting on their asses

Presumably they gush over the shapeliness of local woman, until they accidentally offend one of their fathers.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby chrisco » 05 Oct 2017, 21:35

Dthefritz wrote:
bosux wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
bosux wrote:

Presumably they gush over the shapeliness of local woman, until they accidentally offend one of their fathers.

That sounds more Greek than Italian.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to TV