SNL Skits

Re: SNL Skits

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 10 Feb 2017, 11:19

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Here is an article that agrees with my take that this cast stinks!

http://nypost.com/2017/02/09/why-snl-cast-members-cant-do-impressions-anymore/

What’s the diagnosis? Well, its main cast consists largely of stand-up comedians and self-absorbed improvisers with middling to nonexistent acting chops. Trudging through the viscous swamp of impersonations, they give it the old college try, but performers like Michael Che, Leslie Jones and Pete Davidson can’t quite shed a comic’s cutesy self-awareness. That style can be pleasant for a minute on YouTube, but definitely not for eight in front of a live audience.

=D+=

to be fair.... they didn't do anything with one of their better impersonators....

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby CourtesyFlush » 10 Feb 2017, 11:20

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
JT99 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Here is an article that agrees with my take that this cast stinks!

What’s the diagnosis? Well, its main cast consists largely of stand-up comedians and self-absorbed improvisers with middling to nonexistent acting chops. Trudging through the viscous swamp of impersonations, they give it the old college try, but performers like Michael Che, Leslie Jones and Pete Davidson can’t quite shed a comic’s cutesy self-awareness. That style can be pleasant for a minute on YouTube, but definitely not for eight in front of a live audience.

=D+=

I agree too! Coincidentally the only cast member who rises above the rest of the terrible bunch is Kate McKinnon--and she's the only one who can do worthy impressions.

However, this article lost me here:

But McCarthy, one of our most gifted comedy actresses

NOPE

+1000 ^5

Also, the McCarthy/Spicer skit was funny, not EPIC and TOTALLY THE BEST THING THAT THE SHOW HAS DONE IN YEARS

^5

I haven't seen the skit, but what about it was funny? Did she scream and yell? If so then that's some incredible range she has. :^o

Yeah, she did. But it didnt resonate with me because I had no idea who the hell she was even spoofing. That was the problem, not everyone knows what spicer looks or acts like.

I do think MM is funny tho. Her movies are generally pretty funny, or at least she's funny in them if they stink.

She's awful. And if yelling is a prerequisite then just put Leslie Jones up there--she's great at yelling!
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 10 Feb 2017, 11:23

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:

=D+=

to be fair.... they didn't do anything with one of their better impersonators....

I agree with this, but it's not exactly a defense of the show. They had one guy who was good at impressions, and they didn't know how to use him.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 10 Feb 2017, 11:24

TheWolf wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:

=D+=

I agree with this, but it's not exactly a defense of the show. They had one guy who was good at impressions, and they didn't know how to use him.

that was my point as well
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby TheWolf » 10 Feb 2017, 11:29

TY for confirming. I figured as much, but was confused by your "to be fair." Sometimes I don't read goodly.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 Feb 2017, 19:34

Another sick episode.

I did like the Leslie Jones as Trump sketch and the Elizabeth Warren on WU. I also like Ed Sheeran. Not so much his music but he's a cool dude irl. Huge drunk.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Mar 2017, 12:46

I enjoyed this episode. Wasn't expecting that!

The Zoo skit with all the impressions was really funny.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Mar 2017, 09:05

This week was decent again, with Scarlatt Johansen. I dont recall the skits, but I remember thinking they were mostly good. Obviously they buried Trump most of the show, but thats what they do. Pete Davidson made a mention of his personal demons. He is the worst. I did make an observation about his appearance: his nostrils are almost closed. I dont know how (or why lol) he breathes.

Also, Cecily makin a statement! I am cheering for her. She had a similar shirt last week, but i forget what it was.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Mar 2017, 09:23

wha happened to scarlet's tits?
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Mar 2017, 09:29

MisterTambourineMan wrote:wha happened to scarlet's tits?

She's a serious actor now. Look at her handsome haircut. No need for tits now.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Mar 2017, 09:37

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote: No need for tits now.

Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby bosux » 13 Mar 2017, 21:23

she donated them to the resistance
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Magnum » 14 Mar 2017, 08:32

What's with these women and the Miley Cyrus haircuts? ScarJo and Katy Perry have been sporting this lately. Hopefully it's a phase, like that dumb lumberjack beard that guys think look good.
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Mar 2017, 10:43

Magnum wrote: like that dumb lumberjack beard that guys think look good.

JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 Mar 2017, 11:07

So, to recap. Greg unfriends Magnum on Facebook because he's wary of her acting like a crazy woman.

Magnum acts like a crazy woman here, passive aggressive comments for days. Greg says he is happy with his decision.

The White Knight Sewing Club lifts their queen way up high, declaring Greg sunned and pawned and omg and stuff.

lol. I love this place.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to TV