entourage

entourage

Postby ONTB » 06 Jun 2005, 13:09

I still can't decide if this is one of the best shows on tv or one of the worst, but I'm still watching.
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby Loneroyalfan » 06 Jun 2005, 13:26

I really, really like the first season but after watching the Season 2 premiere i got say i dont like the direction its heading, it seems to be losing its comedy element. Last season it was awesome they were just living like we all wish we could live like, now there trying to evolve into like a storyline type of thing and i think its going downhill. the best person on the show ari, is losing his whole scary bad ass appeal and turtle is like a lonely dawg who always needs reassurance. Who would Vince be equal to in hollywood right now? Thats what i really want to know, and i know he is losely based off of a young Mark Wahlberg. but who is he now?
Loneroyalfan
Chuggo

Postby nerf66 » 06 Jun 2005, 21:21

Loneroyalfan wrote:I really, really like the first season but after watching the Season 2 premiere i got say i dont like the direction its heading, it seems to be losing its comedy element. Last season it was awesome they were just living like we all wish we could live like, now there trying to evolve into like a storyline type of thing and i think its going downhill. the best person on the show ari, is losing his whole scary bad ass appeal and turtle is like a lonely dawg who always needs reassurance. Who would Vince be equal to in hollywood right now? Thats what i really want to know, and i know he is losely based off of a young Mark Wahlberg. but who is he now?

I would say he would best be described as Jake Gyllenhaal....although it's hard to find a new comer who had a big hit, went to do an indie and 8 months later has totally cooled off. Probably James Vanderbeek after 8 months after Varsity Blues....that would be a pretty good example. It's hard to find the young guy who goes completely cold after 8 months.

Ari - he was hilarious. "..it's out to an actor, I don't know if you've heard of him....TOM CRUISE". That line is hilarious. Also, they brought in the "Hug it out" line agian. Drama is definatley getting pretty funny with his agent.....the headshots at the apple store!? C'mon. Comic Gold.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby ONTB » 06 Jun 2005, 23:02

The episode where Ari just rips Josh Weinstein at the beach house was pure gold.
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby Parker45 » 06 Jun 2005, 23:04

I'm in favor of more cameos from Scarlett Johannsen and Jessica Alba, but that's just me.

Oh, but the show, yeah, it's funny. Piven is money. So is Turtle.
Parker45
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Loneroyalfan » 07 Jun 2005, 00:33

Ari carries this show, you know what i think would be a funny moment to capture would be when they ask people to do cameos (Scarlett Johannsen and Jessica Alba) and there like " whats this guys name agian who plays vince, adrien, wasnt he in Drive me crazy? Coundt they have gotten somebody bigger?" i just find that funny. Piven was so kick-ass in PCU he never gets any credit, i think he was up for a golden globe but that cat is money
Loneroyalfan
Chuggo

Postby Dunking Donut » 07 Jun 2005, 07:38

I think the show is hysterical. The wife (who's a big fan, surprisingly) and I were cracking up last night. All the guys are good except Kevin Connolly. He's the wet blanket.
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Loneroyalfan » 07 Jun 2005, 11:36

Kevin Connolly sucks, did you know he was once engaged to nicki cox and he messed that up. You guys really found that last episode funny?
Loneroyalfan
Chuggo

Postby nerf66 » 07 Jun 2005, 11:56

Loneroyalfan wrote:Ari carries this show, you know what i think would be a funny moment to capture would be when they ask people to do cameos (Scarlett Johannsen and Jessica Alba) and there like " whats this guys name agian who plays vince, adrien, wasnt he in Drive me crazy? Coundt they have gotten somebody bigger?" i just find that funny. Piven was so kick-ass in PCU he never gets any credit, i think he was up for a golden globe but that cat is money

Scarlett Johannsen did a cameo in the final episode in season 1.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby Dunking Donut » 07 Jun 2005, 12:00

And now Nikki is with Jay Mohr. Such is Hollywood.

Dude, you DIDN'T find last night funny?
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby sportsdorkhater » 07 Jun 2005, 12:09

and prior to jay mohr i think she was engaged/dating bobcat goldthwait. yikes
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Tecmo Bo » 07 Jun 2005, 12:13

That's a joke, right?

Right?
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 07 Jun 2005, 12:15

No joke
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Magnum » 17 Aug 2005, 17:05

i just started watching this show. got my roommate into it too. i'd say it's like the male version of sex and the city. pretty good show.
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby sportsdorkhater » 19 Aug 2005, 06:28

Magnum wrote:i just started watching this show. got my roommate into it too. i'd say it's like the male version of sex and the city. pretty good show.

i started watching this at the end of last season. the sex and the city analogy is fairly accurate with the only other differences being that Entourage is actually funny and watchable :lol:

Ari is the shit.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Next

Return to TV