Arrested Development

Re: Arrested Development

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 05 Jun 2013, 20:37

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Yeah, I liked the first GM episode as it revealed that it was GM's love of the woodblock that was at the center of it all.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 06 Jun 2013, 08:04

Finished the season last night. All in all I think it was very good, and over time I imagine it will be regarded on the same level as the original 3 seasons. Definitely got better as the season went on, and knowing what was going on I think helped make things funnier. Agreed with IMS, that watching it a second time may make the earlier episodes seem funnier.

A few highlights for me:

- Loved the entire sex offender storyline, especially when GOB turned Sudden Valley into a haven for pervs
- ANUSTART
- Isla Fisher is smoking hot
- Buster's giant hand
- P-Hound
- The real story behind Fake Block
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Jun 2013, 08:18

after further consideration, i think my favorite gag was the forget-me-now shame spiral. or the entire family's continued confusion with Spanish words.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 07 Jun 2013, 12:45

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
- Loved the entire sex offender storyline, especially when GOB turned Sudden Valley into a haven for pervs
- ANUSTART
- Isla Fisher is smoking hot
- Buster's giant hand
- P-Hound
- The real story behind Fake Block

Daddy needs to get his rocks off
We gave him a big hand
Isla Fisher can play my bagpipes, HIGH FIVE!...(looks around) high five?....high....five?
I don't want these
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 07 Jun 2013, 13:31

Late season gag:

I loved the banner for the Herbert Love rally.

Herbert
Love
Rally

Reminded me of the Family Love Michael banner.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 07 Jun 2013, 14:02

I also liked it when Lucille 1 called Tobias Anus Tart, and the narrator then said that she had not seen the license plate
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby nova » 07 Jun 2013, 14:22

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
I also liked it when Lucille 1 called Tobias Anus Tart, and the narrator then said that she had not seen the license plate

That's my favorite moment so far.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 07 Jun 2013, 17:00

Question about Oscar:

Did they ever address what happened to his hair? Or did Jeffrey Tambor just not want to wear a wig anymore.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby SouthernYokel » 07 Jun 2013, 20:11

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Question about Oscar:

Did they ever address what happened to his hair? Or did Jeffrey Tambor just not want to wear a wig anymore.

i wondered the same thing and i went back to the episode before George/Oscar's to see if they mentioned it there, it's not brought up in their main episode or the one before. maybe it's in another ep.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 07 Jun 2013, 20:18

In the original seasons, George shaved it off him and sent him to prison in his stead, and then it didn't grow back from stress. I think that's the cause.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 09 Jun 2013, 13:22

Episode 3 spoilers (do not read if you haven't seen the whole season).

Just re-watched epiosde 3.

Few things I noticed:

1) When Lindsay is checking into the hotel you can see Maebey in the background of the lobby

2) When Lindsay is unpacking the wrong suitcase in her hotel room, it contains her old blouse (AKA Tobias' pirate blouse and a pair of cutoffs).

3) In the credits, Shaman Sheman is listed as being played by Rich Aliaandanost.
But if you list that name out as Last Name, First Name format, it is: Aliaandanost, Rich (Alia and an Ostrich).

Also Shaman She-Man.

4) I didn't notice this. Only learned of it when researching the above. But when Tobias sings "Is that a girl I see? No it's just a fallacy." He could also be singing: "Is that a girl I see? No, it's just a phallus, eeeee!" Tying into the whole he's a homo gag.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 Jun 2013, 08:04

What is that from?
Nothing, it's from nothing.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Frank the Tank » 16 Jun 2013, 11:34

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Don't spoil the short hair for FTT!

Thanks for looking out. Just finished the season. Didn't come in here during my run.

I really liked it. Agreed with what most people are saying about it starting slow but loved the structure. If I was forced to rate it with other seasons I'd say behind season one, on par with season two, and better than season three.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 01 Jul 2013, 15:17

Some Clues about the disappearance of
Lucille 2
:

Do not read unless you have seen the entire season AND do not read this if you want to be surprised for the next season (if it happens):

The last we saw of Lucille 2 she was lying in a pool of blood next to the stair car when Buster finds her and then her body disappears. Who attacked her?

The key to unlocking this mystery is revealed in the food that the Bluths are seen eating throughout the season.

mustard and parmesan cheese. parmesan cheese and mustard. Gene Parmesan. Colonel Mustard. Both played by Martin Mull.

When GOB mistakenly goes to My Little Ballroom to meet up with Tony Wonder, he and Michael get into that epic fight. The fight spills over next door to the (My Little) Ballroom where we see Gene Parmesan trying to buy a knife that can "both filet a chicken and subdue an intruder". Shortly before the attack on Lucille 2, we see Gene Parmesan at the Cinco celebration in disguise where he serves Buster two cups of Donkey Punch.

So, was it Colonel Mustard at Cinco with the knife?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby nova » 02 Jul 2013, 10:39

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Some Clues about the disappearance of
Lucille 2
:

Do not read unless you have seen the entire season AND do not read this if you want to be surprised for the next season (if it happens):

The last we saw of Lucille 2 she was lying in a pool of blood next to the stair car when Buster finds her and then her body disappears. Who attacked her?

The key to unlocking this mystery is revealed in the food that the Bluths are seen eating throughout the season.

mustard and parmesan cheese. parmesan cheese and mustard. Gene Parmesan. Colonel Mustard. Both played by Martin Mull.

When GOB mistakenly goes to My Little Ballroom to meet up with Tony Wonder, he and Michael get into that epic fight. The fight spills over next door to the (My Little) Ballroom where we see Gene Parmesan trying to buy a knife that can "both filet a chicken and subdue an intruder". Shortly before the attack on Lucille 2, we see Gene Parmesan at the Cinco celebration in disguise where he serves Buster two cups of Donkey Punch.

So, was it Colonel Mustard at Cinco with the knife?

Holy motherfuck. Mind. Blown.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

PreviousNext

Return to TV