No votes
Star Wars is gayer than two boys fuckin'
11%

Total votes : 57

Re: May the Force be with you - The Official Star Wars Threa

Postby Goose » 29 Dec 2016, 17:05

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
babylurch wrote:What was up with the high school chemistry class protective goggles for Bodhi?

one of my pakistani buddies said he loved this movie, but thought it was hilarious that the first south asian in star wars history (no admiral akbar doesnt count i asked him) was a essentially a glorified IT guy trying to fix a networking issue.

here's an article by one of my favorite tech writers about data formats in the star wars universe

I enjoyed that link.

Took the three goslings to see Rogue One yesterday. I avoided spoilers prior to going to see it, but
Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
one of my kids guessed that all of the people died since they weren't in Episode IV. Made sense and that's what happened.

I thought it was a great film. CGI Tarkin was well done. CGI Leia, not so much. Appreciated the cantina guys showing up and the Red Leader, Gold Leader and Red Five references. Good to see Jimmy Smits working again.

The girls were big fans of Jyn Erso, for much different reasons than me. I liked K2SO. He was funnier than the other droids and Jar Jar, and was more of a difference maker.

Vader mowing through the Tantine crew was pretty good. Took me a while to see that the guy trying to get the door open was trying to get the disc to the other guys. I initially thought that he was just a pussy trying to get away from Vader.

As far as transferring data, it was "a long time ago" so I'll allow the technology issues. It's a universe where magic, lightsabers, dozens of oxygen atmosphere planets and light speed travel co-exist, so I'm not asking too many logic questions.

Will watch again.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 29 Dec 2016, 21:02

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
babylurch wrote:What was up with the high school chemistry class protective goggles for Bodhi?

one of my pakistani buddies said he loved this movie, but thought it was hilarious that the first south asian in star wars history (no admiral akbar doesnt count i asked him) was a essentially a glorified IT guy trying to fix a networking issue.

here's an article by one of my favorite tech writers about data formats in the star wars universe

I enjoyed that link.

Agreed. That was awesome.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby jman » 03 Jan 2017, 13:43

Seen it New Years Day. Powerful. Haunting even.

Read a couple reviews bitching about underdeveloped characters, but what would be the point? If you get too much more into them you're going to traumatize a bunch of nerds kids nerds even more when they all get iced at the end. Thought the battle scenes on the desert planet and the final battle were really well done. Had sort of middle east guerilla warfare and WWII Pacific theater feels to them.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Jan 2017, 13:04

jman wrote:Seen it New Years Day. Powerful. Haunting even.

Read a couple reviews bitching about underdeveloped characters, but what would be the point? If you get too much more into them you're going to traumatize a bunch of nerds kids nerds even more when they all get iced at the end. Thought the battle scenes on the desert planet and the final battle were really well done. Had sort of middle east guerilla warfare and WWII Pacific theater feels to them.

I seen it again with my wife. I LOLed when the dude jumped out of one of the ships on Skeriff and yelled "FOR JEDAH!" I dunno, struck me funny.

Also:

Why was Leia at Scarif? And more importantly, if the plan was to have a getaway on a consulate ship, why bring that ship right in the middle of a battle with the bad guys who clearly see the ship? Made no sense, to me.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Jan 2017, 13:17

Gregs Kite wrote:
jman wrote:Seen it New Years Day. Powerful. Haunting even.

I seen it again with my wife. I LOLed when the dude jumped out of one of the ships on Skeriff and yelled "FOR JEDAH!" I dunno, struck me funny.

Also:

Why was Leia at Scarif? And more importantly, if the plan was to have a getaway on a consulate ship, why bring that ship right in the middle of a battle with the bad guys who clearly see the ship? Made no sense, to me.

you seen it twice (at least) now?

Haha jk

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Prez » 07 Jan 2017, 05:48

This is obviously not a new pic, but I don't think I've seen it before.
George is getting his perv on and Carrie is like "you're fucking kidding me, right?"

Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Prez » 12 Jan 2017, 21:48

x-post to the 2017 Red Sox thread
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Jan 2017, 09:03

i'd have been very excited to get a JBJ star wars bobblehead. Mookie Betts? Boooooooooooooooooooo
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 13 Jan 2017, 10:36

Interesting that we haven't gotten a teaser trailer yet for Episode VIII. Maybe they're waiting for the Rogue One hullabaloo to die down?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 13 Jan 2017, 10:50

CourtesyFlush wrote:Interesting that we haven't gotten a teaser trailer yet for Episode VIII. Maybe they're waiting for the Rogue One hullabaloo to die down?

Super Bowl?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 Jan 2017, 11:00

May 4th
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby CourtesyFlush » 13 Jan 2017, 11:04

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:May 4th

NOICE
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BigJohnStudd » 16 Jan 2017, 14:45

Why waste a perfectly good GIS, I say.

BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Gregs Kite » 23 Jan 2017, 11:06

BONER.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby CourtesyFlush » 23 Jan 2017, 11:18

"Last" Jedi huh. So Luke dies. Got it.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Movies