No votes
ROTS
No votes
Star Wars is gayer than two boys fuckin'
11%

Total votes : 57

May the Force be with you - The Official Star Wars Thread

Postby WampaOne » 08 Mar 2005, 07:54

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/rel ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dark Lord of the Seth :lol:
They are running the Star Wars trailer for the first time during the commercials during the next OC thursday, march 10th.
May the Force be with You.
Last edited by WampaOne on 31 Mar 2008, 11:20, edited 2 times in total.
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby WampaOne » 11 Mar 2005, 08:02

So did anyone see the trailer?

I spent a unhealthy amount of time yesterday trying to download it and I just came across some version that was both small and darkened (it seems it was shot by a candy eating Kramer in a theater with a light saber to drawn to his head)...but I still loved it.

WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Mar 2005, 12:30

I just downloaded a pretty decent version off some site in Denmark. It's promising, but I thought the trailers for the last two were promising. Hopefully it'll live up to its promise and make the prior two better in the way that having the information in Kill Bill Volume 2 made Kill Bill Volume 1 a better film. I'm not holding my breath though.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby jack_daniels » 12 Mar 2005, 21:56

To avoid getting punk'd agin, I'm just going to pull a Barry Bonds and say no comment.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Big Scary Monster » 13 Mar 2005, 00:55

I am going to be faithful, but I think that lucas has fucked the whole thing up and he could have done a bunch better.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Scoring Machine » 13 Mar 2005, 02:31

Oh yeah he officially screwed the pooch. Episode I was completely pointless. I'm not buying the 'introduction of characters' BS. They could have introduced characters and rolled that into Episode II. That would have given us a film between what now will be Episode III and the first film of the OG trilogy.
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby fatty » 13 Mar 2005, 11:26

Frank the Tank wrote:I just downloaded a pretty decent version off some site in Denmark. It's promising, but I thought the trailers for the last two were promising. Hopefully it'll live up to its promise and make the prior two better in the way that having the information in Kill Bill Volume 2 made Kill Bill Volume 1 a better film. I'm not holding my breath though.

FTT, any chance we can still get that link? I'll admit, I'm a geek, and I'm jonesing...
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 Mar 2005, 12:47

fatty wrote:FTT, any chance we can still get that link? I'll admit, I'm a geek, and I'm jonesing...

The link I used has been taken down apparently. :( I saved it to my hard drive and can send it to you if you want. Do you have an email account that can handle a 25MB attachment? If so send me a private message and I'll ship it along.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby pteaxwa » 14 Mar 2005, 10:29

As disappointed I have been with the last two Star Wars movies, this trailer looked amazing. Will see it when it comes out.
pteaxwa
Hope College Alum

Postby Sloopy45 » 14 Mar 2005, 23:24

WampaOne:[b] "So did anyone see the trailer?"

Yep. I thought it looked great. I also read the script and saw the stolen stills before Lucas axed all those web sites last week. However, I am still reluctant because I agree with this take:

Big Scary Monster: "I think that lucas has fucked the whole thing up and he could have done a bunch better."

No question about it. He had 16 years to write a script for three great movies and this is what he comes up with?? Whats worse is that there are many inconsistencies in these movies and the back references in the first three.
Sloopy45
Yankee

Postby WampaOne » 15 Mar 2005, 11:08

sloopy45 wrote:
Whats worse is that there are many inconsistencies in these movies and the back references in the first three.

I agree. I even think that there are inconsistencies dating back to ROTJ. However, some of those may have answers somewhere - in the movies itself, or in the EU - so perhaps we can discuss some of those (I mean plot inconsistencies, I can?t really discuss why there are not two shadows beeing cast on Tatoine or the whole hyperspace travel thing)

IMO, AOTC is as good a movie as ROTJ, but those two are way inferior to ANH and ESB. TPM really leaves a lot to be desired (of course, I am a fan, so I still enjoy most of it). I also agree with you and BSM that Lucas could have done a lot better, specially with TPM, and I like Scoring Machine?s take on what could have been those movies.

I am really hoping that this new Star Wars leaves up to the hype, so I can say in the future that there are 3 standouts movies and 3 that are so so...from the trailer only, I think it could happen...

by the way, this has been asked before so:
ANH (Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope (or to most people, simply Star Wars) - 1977
ESB - Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back (Episode V) - 1980
ROTJ - SW Return of the Jedi (Ep IV) - 1983
TPM - SW The Phantom Menace (Ep I) - 1999
AOTC - SW Attack of the Clones (Ep II) - 2002
ROTS - SW Return of the Sith (Ep III) - 2005
EU - SW Expanded Universe (info coming from books, encyclopedia, comics, all things that are not on the movies but has Lucas stamp on it).

WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby Frank the Tank » 15 Mar 2005, 11:10

I assume that you've heard that CBS is supposedly in talks with LucasFilm to create an ongoing Star Wars television series? I can not begin to tell you how much I hope this is just rumor, or George Lucas was too polite to tell the CBS exec who called "fuck off" on the phone. That would completely diminish the value of the original trilogy to me.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby WampaOne » 15 Mar 2005, 11:28

I heard the rumors...but there is a possibility that Kevin Smith is involved, so I am hopeful.

Actually, even if Smith is out, they still can do a lot of things with the franchise, minor Jedis adventures, explore droids and bounty hunters stories (like Jango and Boba Fett), Jabba the Hutt palace stuff, cantina creatures, explore the Empire?s political and military intrigue etc, they could go back to the beginning of the hyperspace era, the whole Sith story, they could go to the future, in between movies, I am babbling...

Of course, there?s an imminent danger that the series could blow bantha poodoo and undermine even more the myth of the franchise, but I would surely roll the dice and expect great things.

Anyway, Frank, anything Star Wars tend to get me excited...I love those Clone Wars cartoons for example...I even downloaded the Star Wars Christmas Special (that I remembered watching when I was a kid) and saw the whole thing without fast forwarding. Did I mention already that I collect action figures? :lol:

WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby Frank the Tank » 15 Mar 2005, 16:13

I remember watching that Star Wars Christmas Special live the one time it aired on ABC. Ahhh, good times.

If you're going to turn Star Wars into an episodic franchise put it on HBO or Showtime, but for God's sake don't put it on CBS. Keep the censors out of the minor details, slow down the production schedule so that your bosses are happy with 13 45-minute episodes per year, and don't skimp on the special effects.

I'll admit to enjoying the Clone Wars cartoons as well.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby WampaOne » 15 Mar 2005, 16:48

Frank the Tank wrote:

If you're going to turn Star Wars into an episodic franchise put it on HBO or Showtime, but for God's sake don't put it on CBS. Keep the censors out of the minor details, slow down the production schedule so that your bosses are happy with 13 45-minute episodes per year, and don't skimp on the special effects.

that?s probably a good idea, specially the skimp FX...Star Wars with cheesy effects on TV: it?s the Star Wars Holiday Special all over again.

WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Next

Return to Movies