Ya'll Heard. He's in Depp Shit.

Re: Ya'll Heard. He's in Depp Shit.

Postby mister bacon » 02 Feb 2017, 10:20

SouthernYokel wrote:not to mention it sounds like almost all of his wealth is in these illiquid properties. If he does get strapped it's not like it's super easy to find an above market buyer for a 150 foot yacht or luxury cars or massive estates or collectibles. He gon be selling that shit for half its value to cover his markers. On the other hand, it is probably really easy to convince Disney to pay him $20m plus back end to shit out another pirates movie, so as long as he doesn't get way behind he'll be fine.

the most liquid of those purchases is the art. you can put a piece of fine art up for auction and in 10 days get at least 15% more than you paid for it. the collectable cars are probably next. he's fucked on the real property or the boat tho.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby chrisco » 02 Feb 2017, 10:26

mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:not to mention it sounds like almost all of his wealth is in these illiquid properties. If he does get strapped it's not like it's super easy to find an above market buyer for a 150 foot yacht or luxury cars or massive estates or collectibles. He gon be selling that shit for half its value to cover his markers. On the other hand, it is probably really easy to convince Disney to pay him $20m plus back end to shit out another pirates movie, so as long as he doesn't get way behind he'll be fine.

the most liquid of those purchases is the art. you can put a piece of fine art up for auction and in 10 days get at least 15% more than you paid for it. the collectable cars are probably next. he's fucked on the real property or the boat tho.

I dunno Bake. I think to lurch or someone else's point above, he seems like he has the same taste as Guy Fieri and we are just giving him the benefit of the doubt because he's "cool". Is someone really going to be all that excited to buy a jewel encrusted skull that he bought because he once saw one of them in Keith Richard's basement?
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby SouthernYokel » 02 Feb 2017, 10:27

chrisco wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

I dunno Bake. I think to lurch or someone else's point above, he seems like he has the same taste as Guy Fieri and we are just giving him the benefit of the doubt because he's "cool". Is someone really going to be all that excited to buy a jewel encrusted skull that he bought because he once saw one of them in Keith Richard's basement?

they might buy it just because it was owned by both keef and johnny. but yeah, he 100% owns some shit nobody wants. I bet Kanye's house is full of this kind of garbage too.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mister bacon » 02 Feb 2017, 11:09

chrisco wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

i was talking more about the art. once you get to the level of art we're talking about (warhol, etc) no one buys it for it's aestetic value anymore. it's bought and sold on the name of the person who made it.

i'm sure the jewelry is ugly as shit and isn't worth nearly what he paid for it. but really all jewelry is like this tho. it's all overpriced relative to its elements and you can never sell it for what you paid for it.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Rodney Farva » 03 Feb 2017, 08:41

the one thing y'all are forgetting is that it's not like he's going to stop buying that crazy shit any time soon, so at some point he is going to be underwater in a big way, annual pirate movie or no annual pirate movie.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Previous

Return to Movies