Rotten? You Crazy! The Best of Gene's Picks Tourney

Re: Rotten? You Crazy! The Best of Gene's Picks Tourney

Postby CourtesyFlush » 08 Jun 2016, 10:10

TheWolf wrote:It's supposed to be really really stupid nonsense, dumbass. But to me, it's really really funny stupid nonsense. I'm not sorry.

I agree with every word of this.

BostonSucksMyBalls: still a moron after all these years
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby PhillyJim76 » 08 Jun 2016, 11:45

CourtesyFlush wrote:
TheWolf wrote:It's supposed to be really really stupid nonsense, dumbass. But to me, it's really really funny stupid nonsense. I'm not sorry.

I agree with every word of this.

BostonSucksMyBalls: still a moron after all these years

Let me come from the dressing room to save my man Balls from a hideous beat down. Balls is surrounded by people who will beat the shit out of something until you grow to hate it. We have some of the same friends and comment about their incessant tweets. I can see where this will force a man to hate the benign. I watched Fletch the one night, I wanted to punch in the face every man woman and child who said how hilarious that movie is.
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby TheWolf » 08 Jun 2016, 12:09

Was that the first time you saw Fletch? I love that movie, but I was like 15 the first time I saw it. I suspect it's like most other older movies. If you saw it when it was newish and/or you were young and impressionable, it holds a special place in your heart forever. If you're a grown man with a fully functioning brain and you watch a 30-year-old comedy that you've never seen before, you think the whole world is retarded for thinking it's funny.

Case in point: I saw everyone's beloved Fast Times for the first time maybe 4-5 years ago, and no one can convince me that this isn't one of the 10 worst films I've ever seen.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Goose » 08 Jun 2016, 12:27

TheWolf wrote:Was that the first time you saw Fletch? I love that movie, but I was like 15 the first time I saw it. I suspect it's like most other older movies. If you saw it when it was newish and/or you were young and impressionable, it holds a special place in your heart forever. If you're a grown man with a fully functioning brain and you watch a 30-year-old comedy that you've never seen before, you think the whole world is retarded for thinking it's funny.

Case in point: I saw everyone's beloved Fast Times for the first time maybe 4-5 years ago, and no one can convince me that this isn't one of the 10 worst films I've ever seen.

I love Fletch. I still watch it with my kids and they enjoy the antics of Irwin Fletcher.

I love Fast Times. I do not watch with my kids.

Of course, Wolf's point stands. I saw both of these as a kid, so they may not hold up for people today.

Fast Times I remember as much for the nudity as for the jokes. I sneaked into Fast Times when I was 12 and got to see naked women on screen for the first time. There was much celebration following that film.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Jun 2016, 12:38

A movie with both Jennifer Jason Leigh and Phoebe Cates topless cannot, by definition, be on a list of 10 worst films ever seen by anyone. Even if you've only seen 10 films, it somehow is not in that list.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JT99 » 08 Jun 2016, 12:39

Briandong79 wrote:A movie with both Jennifer Jason Leigh and Phoebe Cates topless cannot, by definition, be on a list of 10 worst films ever seen by anyone. Even if you've only seen 10 films, it somehow is not in that list.

Phoebe Cates topless is on the Mount Rushmore of nudity, pre-internet era.

No one denies this.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby TheWolf » 08 Jun 2016, 13:39

It's not nearly as cool when you're 30 and have the internet, and then see that scene. I'm sure it was incredible at the time. But at this point, it's just another pair of tits. That movie sucks balls.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby PhillyJim76 » 08 Jun 2016, 14:22

TheWolf wrote:Was that the first time you saw Fletch? I love that movie, but I was like 15 the first time I saw it. I suspect it's like most other older movies. If you saw it when it was newish and/or you were young and impressionable, it holds a special place in your heart forever. If you're a grown man with a fully functioning brain and you watch a 30-year-old comedy that you've never seen before, you think the whole world is retarded for thinking it's funny.

Ironically my father worked part time at video stores for most of the 80s and early 90s, so I had seen Fletch before. I see your point however
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 Jun 2016, 14:25

PhillyJim76 wrote:

Ironically my father worked part time at video stores for most of the 80s and early 90s, so I had seen Fletch before. I see your point however

Doesnt your dad have literally thousands of VHS tapes with every show and game ever on TV?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby PhillyJim76 » 08 Jun 2016, 14:27

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:

Doesnt your dad have literally thousands of VHS tapes with every show and game ever on TV?

Pretty much. It's his obsession. I guess it lessens the constant pain and misery inflicted on him by JSG.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Previous

Return to Movies