Rotten? You Crazy! The Best of Gene's Picks Tourney

Rotten? You Crazy! The Best of Gene's Picks Tourney

Postby JT99 » 09 May 2016, 07:27

Yeah, it's early for #tournamentseason, but we can't ask DtheFritz to carry us every day with hot taeks on Simmons' tweets.

We've got 64 movies, all scored as "Rotten", ready for battle so that we can find out which one is the ultimate Gene's Pick.

If you haven't seen the movie, so what? Watch the trailer and judge anyway.

We'll be taking it slow, so this one may last a while.

Four matchups per day in the first round....

Joe Versus the Volcano

versus

San Andreas

Vision Quest

versus

Sex in the City

Taken

versus

We Are Marshall

Paranormal Activity 2

versus

Bedazzled

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Re: Rotten? You Crazy! The Best of Gene's Picks Tourney

Postby ctz31 » 09 May 2016, 07:32

So we are clear, are we picking the movie that looks/is better or worst?
ctz31
#nnf

Postby JT99 » 09 May 2016, 07:35

ctz31 wrote:So we are clear, are we picking the movie that looks/is better or worst?

Yes, vote for the better movie
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 May 2016, 07:39

The better movie through the eyes of a normal person, or ctz31?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 09 May 2016, 07:44

JT99 wrote:Yeah, it's early for #tournamentseason, but we can't ask DtheFritz to carry us every day with hot taeks on Simmons' tweets.

We've got 64 movies, all scored as "Rotten", ready for battle so that we can find out which one is the ultimate Gene's Pick.

If you haven't seen the movie, so what? Watch the trailer and judge anyway.

We'll be taking it slow, so this one may last a while.

Four matchups per day in the first round....

Joe Versus the Volcano

versus

San Andreas

Vision Quest

versus

Sex in the City

Taken

versus

We Are Marshall

Paranormal Activity 2

versus

Bedazzled

Ok, I'm not watching any of those trailers. At least not today. BUT, I will vote because i'm not a punk.

San Andress. I've heard good things. Balls thought this was fantastic. Or terrible. i can't remember. I believe the Rock in in this. Don't know what it is about but i'll probably watch 30 minutes of it one night in a pBO. Can't say the same for the other one. Joe Volcano is peak Hanks i think, but it just sounds like a dumb premise.

Sex in the City I am pretty sure i've seen this one. Watched it w white back when we used to watch stuff together, before i grew up. I believe Carrie is engaged to marry mr. Big, and then he gets cold feet and she beats him up in the middle of the street w some flowers. I think that happened. I don't know what Vision Quest is but it sounds awful. MTM and chrisco probably love it.

Taken This will win in a landslide. Maybe the whole thing. It's a great movie. Classic Liam. Anytime you can take down an entire country on your own, you gotta do it. Best performance in taking down an entire country on your own since Rambo. I seen the Marshall movie but it wasn't particularly good. And that story has been done to death.

Bedazzled The other one sounds retarded, and Bedazzled is money. Great film. Lofty. Maybe this actor, whose name escapes me, finest role. Classic That Guy. I love when he plays the basketball player. Hundred and ten percent! lol. And the devil chick can get it. This is another classic gene jawn.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 May 2016, 07:50

here's a surprise - i was confused about this tourney's set up. I thought these were all movies that CTZ himself had rated as rotten in his thread rather than Rotten Tomatoes ratings. And then i see CTZ voting and i'm like..."what." ANYWAY:

Joe Vs The Volcano. 80's Hanks is fun.

Vision Quest. The kid in this movie is a nutbag. both of the movies in this matchup were real bad. I choose to not allow SJP to advance on principle.

Taken. Agree with CTZ. This has a negative rating on Rotten Tomatoes? Critics don't know shit.

Bedazzled. This movie came right at the end of the dial-up modem era. Meaning Elizabeth Hurley playing dress-up was important to me. I don't get the Paranormal Activity movies.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 May 2016, 07:59

San Andreas has the tits from TRU Detective. That's all I need to know.

Vision Quest because teen Tank seemed to think this was a very important movie at the time. I don't remember shit about it now doe.

Taken because it is a movie with a very special set of skills.

Bedazzled because Elizabeth Hurley still needs our support after the Hugh Grant thing.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby CourtesyFlush » 09 May 2016, 08:01

Frank the Tank wrote:San Andreas has the tits from TRU Detective. That's all I need to know.

Vision Quest because teen Tank seemed to think this was a very important movie at the time. I don't remember shit about it now doe.

Bedazzled because Elizabeth Hurley still needs our support after the Hugh Grant thing.

This is my vote as well because I'm too lazy to think this morning. Ok.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 09 May 2016, 08:10

San Andreas. It's 100% absurd. It stars the ok-looking girl that got on Woody Harrelson in TDS1, as well as super-smokeshow Carla Gugino /SOTSG. I never saw the other one, and I hate Hanks in general. I don't "get" why he's considered a top actor. We still remember Buffy and Hildegard, dickface.

SATC. I hated this movie. Ugh I did, I did. But I think Bill raves about Vision Quest. That's enough for me. Carrie and Miranda can get one win, but that's it. How did Carrie make money btw? She wrote a once a week 500 word Q&A in some shit local paper. Never made sense!

Taken. I hate these kinds of films. You know, popular? Also, you know action? And stupid? But this one was actually pretty good. Wasn't expecting that. We Are Marshall had pre-peak McCounahey. Sorry. Taken is the call here.

Paranormal 2. Pretty sure I saw that. I like scary movies. Yeah I dislike paranormal shit bc it's ridiculous, and it's actually the entire premise AND title of this movie....buuuut I also hate Brendan Fraser. Go home J*w.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 09 May 2016, 08:17

Joe Versus the Volcano. Tom Hanks, bestill my heart.
Vision Quest. I guess.
Ah shit, Taken shouldn't be here. That movie was fucking gold.
Bedazzled. Liz Hurley is a sloot and god bless her too.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby babylurch » 09 May 2016, 08:26

Joe vs. the Volcano because I saw it in a theater.
Vision Quest, because I am not gay.
Taken.
Bedazzled for Liz Hurley.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Theny » 09 May 2016, 08:44

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:San Andreas has the tits from TRU Detective. That's all I need to know.

Thirded. Most ridiculous part of San Andreas though is the end when Rock and Carla are riding around a ruined flooded city in an inflatable boat and it never pops.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Briandong79 » 09 May 2016, 08:45

CourtesyFlush wrote:

Exact same as well. Thanks for saving me some work, FTT and Flush.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby mj3528 » 09 May 2016, 09:24

I like Lurch saw Joe vs. The Volcano in a theater. Couldn't tell you one thing about it other than it was in the cute Meg Ryan phase. San Andreas is so awful. The acting and story is so bad. None of the cute female actresses get nude from the parts I have seen. Have to go Joe here.

Haven't seen Vision Quest, but was forced to see Sex and The City. Based on that I vote for Vision quest

We are Marshall is a good movie. Can't believe Penn State stole the "We Are" from Marshall. Haven't seen Taken. Go with Marshall

Haven't seen either of these movies. Elizabeth Hurley was hot. Vote for Bedazzled
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 09 May 2016, 10:22

Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Exact same as well. Thanks for saving me some work, FTT and Flush.

thirded or fourthed or whatever... math... stuff
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Next

Return to Movies