Top 5 Lists, Movie Edition

Re: Top 5 Lists, Movie Edition

Postby JT99 » 26 Oct 2017, 10:52

ctz31 wrote:wow, i didn't think it was possible to have as terrible views on baseball movies as jt99 does. congrat.

nothing screams baseball knowledge like "growing up in Buffalo"
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby CourtesyFlush » 26 Oct 2017, 10:54

31, where do you stand on Bad News Bears in Breaking Training? All time great scene at the Astrodome btw.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 26 Oct 2017, 10:54

JT99 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:wow, i didn't think it was possible to have as terrible views on baseball movies as jt99 does. congrat.

Who said anything about baseball knowledge?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 26 Oct 2017, 10:56

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:the wolf: top 5 baseball movies pls. in the top 5 movie thread

Mailing this in a bit because I'm on a call and can't take the time to include pics or clips or anything, but here we go. And before you all complain about my list... Bull Durham is overrated af. I don't even think I'd give it an HM.

5.) Rookie of the Year. This is probably not a good movie, but I love every single thing about it.
4.) A League of Their Own. 79's people told me I have to give girls some rights in my list. Just kidding, this is a great flick. Somehow Rosie and Madonna didn't ruin it, even though I hate both of them. One of Tommy H's finest roles, IMO.
3.) Field of Dreams. I don't really think it holds up all that well, tbh. Maybe I just don't have the patience to re-watch non-comedies, but I got pretty bored with this the last time I tried to watch it. Still a great story, and a classic film that everyone should watch.
2.) Major League. Just an all-time comedy. One of the most rewatchable films I've ever seen.
1.) The Sandlot. I won't fight anyone who likes Major League more, but this one just always stuck with me because I was around the same age as the kids when it came out. Nostalgia may cause me to slightly overrate it, but I fucking love this movie.

Whenever I come across League of their Own or Major League I stop and watch the rest. Shit, I even do it with Major League 2. Rookie of the Year is bad, but so so good. I think I agree with every noun, verb, and adjective in this take. Except Field of Dreams, fuck Field of Dreams, Field of Dreams sucks. Take that out and toss in, I dunno....Little Big League? "Tettleton is hitting just .200 after off days in dome stadiums above the Mason-Dixon line."

And Joe.....the horse is named Friday.

He's right, you know.gif

Field of Dreams does not speak to me. I've tried to watch it four times and every time I got bored in 30 minutes or less.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JT99 » 26 Oct 2017, 10:56

TheWolf wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Who said anything about baseball knowledge?

the epicenter of movie knowledge ain't any closer to the Falls either, brah
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby JichaelDick » 26 Oct 2017, 10:56

Little Big League is great, and I would say that if the Twins weren't involved.

I love Major League. Field of Dreams is maudlin crap, but it's maudlin crap my late grandma loved, so I have a very soft spot in my heart for it.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 26 Oct 2017, 10:58

Little Big League > Rookie of the Year, by a hair, now that I think about it.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 26 Oct 2017, 11:00

You know who you should start? Wegman.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JichaelDick » 26 Oct 2017, 11:00

the cheese wrote:Little Big League > Rookie of the Year, by a hair, now that I think about it.

Agreed. Loses major points for declaring the Mets-Cubs an NLCS in 1993, which would have been impossible. I need authenticity in my movies.

ETA: Tambo, I had a feeling you might say that.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 26 Oct 2017, 11:15

Bad News Bears (original) is the best.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 26 Oct 2017, 11:46

the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Mailing this in a bit because I'm on a call and can't take the time to include pics or clips or anything, but here we go. And before you all complain about my list... Bull Durham is overrated af. I don't even think I'd give it an HM.

5.) Rookie of the Year. This is probably not a good movie, but I love every single thing about it.
4.) A League of Their Own. 79's people told me I have to give girls some rights in my list. Just kidding, this is a great flick. Somehow Rosie and Madonna didn't ruin it, even though I hate both of them. One of Tommy H's finest roles, IMO.
3.) Field of Dreams. I don't really think it holds up all that well, tbh. Maybe I just don't have the patience to re-watch non-comedies, but I got pretty bored with this the last time I tried to watch it. Still a great story, and a classic film that everyone should watch.
2.) Major League. Just an all-time comedy. One of the most rewatchable films I've ever seen.
1.) The Sandlot. I won't fight anyone who likes Major League more, but this one just always stuck with me because I was around the same age as the kids when it came out. Nostalgia may cause me to slightly overrate it, but I fucking love this movie.

Whenever I come across League of their Own or Major League I stop and watch the rest. Shit, I even do it with Major League 2. Rookie of the Year is bad, but so so good. I think I agree with every noun, verb, and adjective in this take. Except Field of Dreams, fuck Field of Dreams, Field of Dreams sucks. Take that out and toss in, I dunno....Little Big League? "Tettleton is hitting just .200 after off days in dome stadiums above the Mason-Dixon line."

He's right, you know.gif

Field of Dreams does not speak to me. I've tried to watch it four times and every time I got bored in 30 minutes or less.

The first 30 or so min are blah. The last 30 min are just about perfect. last 5 min.... dusty everywhere
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby BigJohnStudd » 26 Oct 2017, 12:55

CourtesyFlush wrote:31, where do you stand on Bad News Bears in Breaking Training? All time great scene at the Astrodome btw.

The chill scene is a tiny bit over-rated, I think.

ETA: I just checked. I'm wrong. It's still pretty good.

BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby ctz31 » 26 Oct 2017, 12:56

BigJohnStudd wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:31, where do you stand on Bad News Bears in Breaking Training? All time great scene at the Astrodome btw.

The chill scene is a tiny bit over-rated, I think.

ETA: I just checked. I'm wrong. It's still pretty good.

I haven't seen this. i recently watched the bad news bears the original with the grumpy old man as coach, but i don't recall if i enjoyed or not. let me see if i posted about it in the thread
ctz31
#nnf

Postby ctz31 » 26 Oct 2017, 12:57

Here is my preview of bad news bears:

I started to watch Bad News Bears on Saturday evening but the firestick was being a bitch and it kept buffering. I proly got through like 25 minutes before giving up. I'll try again at some point.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby the cheese » 26 Oct 2017, 13:02

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

He's right, you know.gif

The first 30 or so min are blah. The last 30 min are just about perfect. last 5 min.... dusty everywhere

Further proof that LDOTL is no less than 50 years old and is actually starting his SECOND family.
the cheese
The Douche

PreviousNext

Return to Movies