Top 5 Lists, Movie Edition

Re: Top 5 Lists, Movie Edition

Postby Dthefritz » 17 Aug 2017, 19:24

chrisco wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
chrisco wrote:The list should be:

5. Rounders
4. Whatever Oceans movie he banged Ellen Barkin in.
3. Saving Private Ryan/Elysium/Good Will Hunting.... pick your choice here
2. Bourne Identity
1. Syriana

Wrong as always.

5 - Teh depahhted. No he didn't steal the show, nor did he have the juicy, comedic lines that Wahlberg/Nicholson/Baldwin knocked outta the park. But he's critical to the success of the film and he did a fine job. Also, wins out by being a flat out better movie than that Rounders or Ocean's 11 bullshit.
4-1:

Boom. Argument over.

Haters of the Oceans franchise have no place in my teapot. Drown bitch.

I don't hate the Oceans movies. Other than 12. I just think the departed is much better. Even though Jack Nicholson totally ruined it /the sports tard
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Goose » 26 Sep 2017, 15:59

Unlike his wife, when Wolf asks for it, I put out.

Assignment: Top 5 Anthony Edwards roles.

HM: Billions. Never seen it, but people here seem to like it.
ER. Saw one episode, didn't like it, but I don't care about soap operas. Your mileage may vary.
Zodiac. Smallish role, otherwise it would be higher. I don't think anybody here likes this movie, but I love it.
"Hey, how do we know that this lead is real?"
"It's very real. How do I know? Because I saw it on television."

5. The Sure Thing. He plays John Cusack's friend. John Cusack could bang Nicolette Sheridan.

Instead he bangs Daphne Zuniga.

That's the kind of decision making that gets you in 15 years of direct to DVD movies.

4. Fast Times At Ridgemont High. He played "Stoner Bud", one of Spicoli's friends. He had maybe two lines. Would be higher if he had a bigger role. Holds up despite what you say Wolf. Also features Phoebe Cates' and Jennifer Jason Leigh's boobs. Big day when I sneaked into this movie. I think it was the first time I saw nudity in a movie. This gets a big laugh, too.

3. Gotcha! His first lead role. The movie probably doesn't hold up, but it was cool in 1985. The exclamation point is for when 14 year old me saw Linda Fiorentino's tits on HBO.

2. Top Gun. Everybody loves this movie. Me, not so much. It's okay. Way overwrought and gayer than two boys fucking. Slider is gold, though.

1. Revenge of the Nerds.

Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby SouthernYokel » 27 Sep 2017, 08:23

the daphne zuniga choice is not THAT terrible.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 27 Sep 2017, 08:36

SouthernYokel wrote:the daphne zuniga choice is not THAT terrible.

Good point. I mean, it's not the right choice, but it's not like no one wants to bang Daphne Zuniga.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 27 Sep 2017, 08:41

TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:the daphne zuniga choice is not THAT terrible.

Good point. I mean, it's not the right choice, but it's not like no one wants to bang Daphne Zuniga.

i'd pound her out in thanks for Kite favorite Spaceballs alone
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 26 Oct 2017, 10:03

ctz31 wrote:the wolf: top 5 baseball movies pls. in the top 5 movie thread

Mailing this in a bit because I'm on a call and can't take the time to include pics or clips or anything, but here we go. And before you all complain about my list... Bull Durham is overrated af. I don't even think I'd give it an HM.

5.) Rookie of the Year. This is probably not a good movie, but I love every single thing about it.
4.) A League of Their Own. 79's people told me I have to give girls some rights in my list. Just kidding, this is a great flick. Somehow Rosie and Madonna didn't ruin it, even though I hate both of them. One of Tommy H's finest roles, IMO.
3.) Field of Dreams. I don't really think it holds up all that well, tbh. Maybe I just don't have the patience to re-watch non-comedies, but I got pretty bored with this the last time I tried to watch it. Still a great story, and a classic film that everyone should watch.
2.) Major League. Just an all-time comedy. One of the most rewatchable films I've ever seen.
1.) The Sandlot. I won't fight anyone who likes Major League more, but this one just always stuck with me because I was around the same age as the kids when it came out. Nostalgia may cause me to slightly overrate it, but I fucking love this movie.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 26 Oct 2017, 10:08

TheWolf wrote:

Mailing this in a bit because I'm on a call and can't take the time to include pics or clips or anything, but here we go. And before you all complain about my list... Bull Durham is overrated af. I don't even think I'd give it an HM.

5.) Rookie of the Year. This is probably not a good movie, but I love every single thing about it.
4.) A League of Their Own. 79's people told me I have to give girls some rights in my list. Just kidding, this is a great flick. Somehow Rosie and Madonna didn't ruin it, even though I hate both of them. One of Tommy H's finest roles, IMO.
3.) Field of Dreams. I don't really think it holds up all that well, tbh. Maybe I just don't have the patience to re-watch non-comedies, but I got pretty bored with this the last time I tried to watch it. Still a great story, and a classic film that everyone should watch.
2.) Major League. Just an all-time comedy. One of the most rewatchable films I've ever seen.
1.) The Sandlot. I won't fight anyone who likes Major League more, but this one just always stuck with me because I was around the same age as the kids when it came out. Nostalgia may cause me to slightly overrate it, but I fucking love this movie.

Whenever I come across League of their Own or Major League I stop and watch the rest. Shit, I even do it with Major League 2. Rookie of the Year is bad, but so so good. I think I agree with every noun, verb, and adjective in this take. Except Field of Dreams, fuck Field of Dreams, Field of Dreams sucks. Take that out and toss in, I dunno....Little Big League? "Tettleton is hitting just .200 after off days in dome stadiums above the Mason-Dixon line."

And Joe.....the horse is named Friday.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JT99 » 26 Oct 2017, 10:11

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Whenever I come across League of their Own or Major League I stop and watch the rest. Shit, I even do it with Major League 2. Rookie of the Year is bad, but so so good. I think I agree with every noun, verb, and adjective in this take. Except Field of Dreams, fuck Field of Dreams, Field of Dreams sucks. Take that out and toss in, I dunno....Little Big League? "Tettleton is hitting just .200 after off days in dome stadiums above the Mason-Dixon line."

And Joe.....the horse is named Friday.

as stated in the box, Field of Dreams is #1 unless your father abused you when you were young.

Bad News Bears, the original, is the funniest baseball movie and should be there

42 is, at worst, honorable mention

I'd toss Pride of the Yankees a bone too
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Briandong79 » 26 Oct 2017, 10:11

I actually think your top 5 would probably be my top 5 too, just in a varied order (1 Major League 2 Sandlot 3 League of their Own 4 Field of Dreams (book was better) 5 Rookie of the Year).

Honorable mentions for me would be The Natural, Bad News Bears, Moneyball (if we're stretching a bit), The Scout, and in a hat tip to HBO, 61* and Soul of the Game, both of which are awesome.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 26 Oct 2017, 10:12

TheWolf wrote:

I was worried about you after your the Omar Bradley thread post...

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 26 Oct 2017, 10:13

Briandong79 wrote:I actually think your top 5 would probably be my top 5 too, just in a varied order (1 Major League 2 Sandlot 3 League of their Own 4 Field of Dreams (book was better) 5 Rookie of the Year).

Honorable mentions for me would be The Natural, Bad News Bears, Moneyball (if we're stretching a bit), The Scout, and in a hat tip to HBO, 61* and Soul of the Game, both of which are awesome.

61* and Soul of the Game, good pulls.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » 26 Oct 2017, 10:14

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I actually think your top 5 would probably be my top 5 too, just in a varied order (1 Major League 2 Sandlot 3 League of their Own 4 Field of Dreams (book was better) 5 Rookie of the Year).

61* and Soul of the Game, good pulls.

Thomas Jane and Barry Pepper in 61 and Delroy Lindo in Soul of the Game would be Mt Rushmore performances in baseball movies.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 26 Oct 2017, 10:19

61* was really good. That's worthy of an HM. Never heard of Soul of the Game. I can definitely get on board with HMs for Bad News Bears and Moneyball, too. The Scout was OK. Never seen the Natural.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 26 Oct 2017, 10:48

Major League is my favorite baseball movie as well. I like Bull Durham better than the rest of you i guess but i get why it can be annoying. the whole 'baseball as religion and aphrodisiac" thing between sarandon and costner is terrible but i can stomach it because i love all the minor league baseball stuff and Nuke.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby ctz31 » 26 Oct 2017, 10:50

wow, i didn't think it was possible to have as terrible views on baseball movies as jt99 does. congrat.
ctz31
#nnf

PreviousNext

Return to Movies