God damn remakes

Re: God damn remakes

Postby JichaelDick » 02 Nov 2017, 14:57

I was 8 when Lion King came out. I watched it with my grandma in a tiny-ass theatre in Hamilton, AL. I loved it.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby SouthernYokel » 03 Nov 2017, 08:07

so, has anyone said HOW live action this is going to be? Like...is James Earl Jones gonna be in a lion costume? Because that's fucking appointment viewing. I feel like what they really mean is it's going to be CGI instead of cartoon, which is less interesting.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 03 Nov 2017, 08:11

SouthernYokel wrote:so, has anyone said HOW live action this is going to be? Like...is James Earl Jones gonna be in a lion costume? Because that's fucking appointment viewing. I feel like what they really mean is it's going to be CGI instead of cartoon, which is less interesting.

I think their new thing is do something akin to the Jungle Book adaptation they did a year or two ago.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 03 Nov 2017, 08:14

Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:so, has anyone said HOW live action this is going to be? Like...is James Earl Jones gonna be in a lion costume? Because that's fucking appointment viewing. I feel like what they really mean is it's going to be CGI instead of cartoon, which is less interesting.

I think their new thing is do something akin to the Jungle Book adaptation they did a year or two ago.

yeah, so not really live action at all since there is never a human who can be on screen without animation covering him. For them to call it live action they should either have to dress up the actors in animal costumes (preferred) or do a Homeward Bound thing where they get a shitload of animal B-roll footage and then have the actors read their lines over it.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Previous

Return to Movies