mister bacon's powerful (...or haunting) film thread

Re: mister bacon's powerful (...or haunting) film thread

Postby mister bacon » 14 Jan 2013, 14:12

CTZ, i seen you looking for a movie recommendation from after 1985.

have you seen trainspotting yet? it's about a movie about a bunch of heroin addicts from scotland. kind of disturbing at times, but it's the very essence of powerful... and haunting. prettay prettay good.
if you're not in the mood, boost your hood credentials by watching Paid In Full, a flick about a drug dealer from harlem.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby ctz31 » 14 Jan 2013, 14:17

mister bacon wrote:CTZ, i seen you looking for a movie recommendation from after 1985.

have you seen trainspotting yet? it's about a movie about a bunch of heroin addicts from scotland. kind of disturbing at times, but it's the very essence of powerful... and haunting. prettay prettay good.
if you're not in the mood, boost your hood credentials by watching Paid In Full, a flick about a drug dealer from harlem.

TY. this trainspotting doesn't seem like my cup o tea. I'll watch the hood movie first.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby mister bacon » 14 Jan 2013, 14:21

ctz31 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:CTZ, i seen you looking for a movie recommendation from after 1985.

TY. this trainspotting doesn't seem like my cup o tea. I'll watch the hood movie first.

have you seen juice, yet? if not, you should definitely watch juice first.

(((((TUPAC)))))
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby ctz31 » 14 Jan 2013, 14:22

mister bacon wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

(((((TUPAC)))))

I've seen juice many times. I enjoyed it.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Jan 2013, 14:24

ctz31 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

(((((TUPAC)))))

I've seen juice many times. I enjoyed it.

above the rim is the finest tupac movie. then juice. then that abortion with james belushi (which had a GREAT soundtrack). HM to his star cameo turn in Nothing but Trouble
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby someguysomewhere » 14 Jan 2013, 14:47

ctz31 wrote:

Trainspotting is also absolutely hilarious in parts (The Worst Toilet in Scotland). Needs subtitles, though, the Edinburgh accent is indecipherable at first.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby ctz31 » 14 Jan 2013, 14:57

someguysomewhere wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

Trainspotting is also absolutely hilarious in parts (The Worst Toilet in Scotland). Needs subtitles, though, the Edinburgh accent is indecipherable at first.

Thank you. You just sealed the deal for me. Paid in full it is.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby bosux » 14 Jan 2013, 15:18

someguysomewhere wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

yeah it took me a couple turns to figure out what a 'koont' was
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 14 Jan 2013, 15:22

ctz would hate trainspotting.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby ctz31 » 15 Jan 2013, 07:30

So it's a funny thing. I went to put on Paid in Full, and instead of the netflix saying "Play" it said "Resume". Huh, I musta started watching this thing at some point and then quit it. So I hit resume, and it was on the closing credits! Apparently I watched the whole thing. Who knew? I read up the synopsis on wiki, and it started to come back to me a bit, and I do in fact remember watching it now. Musta been during a drunken haze though. Oh well, maybe i'll give it another go someday.

I watched a Few Good Men instead. One of those movies I have to watch everytime its on. Great flick. Jack being Jack. "You see Danny, I can take the bullets, the bombs and the blood. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I WANT, is for you to stand there....in that faggoty white uniform....and with your harvard mouth, extend me some fucking courtesy." Classic.

I got the whole last Jack court speech memorized for some reason. Sometimes I'll bust it out at parties or bars when I'm trying to get laid. It's can't miss game.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Jan 2013, 07:47

ctz31 wrote:I watched a Few Good Men instead. One of those movies I have to watch everytime its on. Great flick. Jack being Jack. "You see Danny, I can take the bullets, the bombs and the blood. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I WANT, is for you to stand there....in that faggoty white uniform....and with your harvard mouth, extend me some fucking courtesy." Classic.

I got the whole last Jack court speech memorized for some reason. Sometimes I'll bust it out at parties or bars when I'm trying to get laid. It's can't miss game.

Was that with the Story Notes too? Love that shit. So many good nuggets.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Jan 2013, 07:53

Had B.I.G. Been in any movies, he would have been a better actor than Pac.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby ctz31 » 15 Jan 2013, 08:02

Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I watched a Few Good Men instead. One of those movies I have to watch everytime its on. Great flick. Jack being Jack. "You see Danny, I can take the bullets, the bombs and the blood. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I WANT, is for you to stand there....in that faggoty white uniform....and with your harvard mouth, extend me some fucking courtesy." Classic.

Was that with the Story Notes too? Love that shit. So many good nuggets.

Yea, it had the nuggets. Good stuff.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 15 Jan 2013, 14:24

ctz31 wrote:I got the whole last Jack court speech memorized for some reason. Sometimes I'll bust it out at parties or bars when I'm trying to get laid. It's can't miss game.

I'm glad you live in Buffalo, have posted pics, otherwise I'd swear you were this faggot who lived on my hall freshman year of college who had that memorized and busted it out a couple times trying to get laid. I wish I were joking.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 15 Jan 2013, 14:29

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I got the whole last Jack court speech memorized for some reason. Sometimes I'll bust it out at parties or bars when I'm trying to get laid. It's can't miss game.

I'm glad you live in Buffalo, have posted pics, otherwise I'd swear you were this faggot who lived on my hall freshman year of college who had that memorized and busted it out a couple times trying to get laid. I wish I were joking.

Lulz, long dick just called you a faggot.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

PreviousNext

Return to Movies