mister bacon's powerful (...or haunting) film thread

Re: mister bacon's powerful (...or haunting) film thread

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 05 Oct 2017, 19:36

chrisco wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:In honor of the sequel coming out tonight...

What is the SOTSG opinion on Blade Runner?

Quality flick, though Ridley's Director's Cut when it basically says Deckard is a Replicant (which ruins the whole point of the film, isn't what Ford thought the character should be, and obviously wasn't the original intent since the unicorn dream was footage Scott took from another film he did after Blade Runner). I haven't seen all 30 million different cuts (most have been lost like tears in the rain) but if there's one that's basically the director's cut that leaves out the "Deckard is a secret Replicant" twist but also leaves out the noir Ford voiceover parts, that's the one to watch.

I've got a rewatch on my to-do list for next week. Thought it would be free on prime but it's $3.99. I'll check Netflix, but there's a 0.1% chance they have a movie that I'd want to watch on there.

To keep this from being my least useful post ever, I remember that I enjoyed this film when I saw it. Felt that the cinematography was gorgeous but the story is slow at times.

Yeah the remastered visual is probably the most beautiful movie/atmosphere/etc. I've ever seen /bacon

Ridley may not always do the best stories *cough*RobinHood;Prometheus;everythingI'veheardaboutAlienCovenant*cough* but the dude makes immersive, well--realized settings and style. Alien, Gladiator, Blade Runner, Kingdom of Heaven, Black Hawk Down, The Duellists, all feel real for lack of better description by me.

Cinematography! He's probably the best cinematographer...ever?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Briandong79 » 05 Oct 2017, 19:55

chrisco wrote:

Quality flick, though Ridley's Director's Cut when it basically says Deckard is a Replicant (which ruins the whole point of the film, isn't what Ford thought the character should be, and obviously wasn't the original intent since the unicorn dream was footage Scott took from another film he did after Blade Runner). I haven't seen all 30 million different cuts (most have been lost like tears in the rain) but if there's one that's basically the director's cut that leaves out the "Deckard is a secret Replicant" twist but also leaves out the noir Ford voiceover parts, that's the one to watch.

I've got a rewatch on my to-do list for next week. Thought it would be free on prime but it's $3.99. I'll check Netflix, but there's a 0.1% chance they have a movie that I'd want to watch on there.

To keep this from being my least useful post ever, I remember that I enjoyed this film when I saw it. Felt that the cinematography was gorgeous but the story is slow at times.

Yeah the remastered visual is probably the most beautiful movie/atmosphere/etc. I've ever seen /bacon

Ridley may not always do the best stories *cough*RobinHood;Prometheus;everythingI'veheardaboutAlienCovenant*cough* but the dude makes immersive, well--realized settings and style. Alien, Gladiator, Blade Runner, Kingdom of Heaven, Black Hawk Down, The Duellists, all feel real for lack of better description by me.

Roger Deakins would like a word (he's literally the only cinematographer I know by name). I am sure Scott has certain guys he typical works with. I think that might be how his brother got his start (RIP).
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 05 Oct 2017, 20:10

Briandong79 wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Roger Deakins would like a word (he's literally the only cinematographer I know by name). I am sure Scott has certain guys he typical works with. I think that might be how his brother got his start (RIP).

Ha, the Coen Brothers were the one alternative that came to mind for me. (and I couldn't name Deakins, had to lougle)
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Rodney Farva » 05 Oct 2017, 20:16

Greg Toland, look him up
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby chrisco » 05 Oct 2017, 20:19

The Apocalypse Now guy. Wiki sez....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vittorio_Storaro
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby bosux » 05 Oct 2017, 22:01

i seen the director's cut at mann's chinese in hollywood...i used to go places
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby TheWolf » 05 Oct 2017, 22:23

Cinematography. Whatever that is.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby TheWolf » 05 Oct 2017, 22:48

ctz31 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:I seen spotlight recently. great performances by everyone, but Michael Keaton and Ruffallo were standouts. Liev Schreiber was solid as well. big minus to how big a role the city of Boston played in the movie but whatchu gonna do?

less c*ck than i was led to believe, so stay away 31 and ball.

Sorry dude i already peeped this last year.

ctz31 wrote:I watched sotsg-famous Spotlight last evening on JT99's strong rec. It was good. It's a pretty amazing story when you really think about it, that there were that many f*ggot priests. How did the church ever survive that? Sandusky x100. Where were the f'in SJW's back then? A simpler time for diddling I guess.

Anyway, I liked roger sterling, and keaton, and i thought the new editor guy was really good. That one investigator from the other boston movie OF COURSE, where he hits and runs a kid in his car coming home from fenway, just rubs me the wrong way. I dunno. I don't care for his thing. And the chick from Wedding Crashers, is just not hot. Good in this role, but she does nothing for me.

Anyway, I thought it was good to very good. Definitely kept my attention. WORTHY of the buzz! Probably would never watch again, as it's not the kind of film that's rewatchable. But would rec.

I have seen this film also. I probably reviewed it here. I thought it was plodding.

You did in fact preview it.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I watched the diddler film, Spotlight. It was pretty good. But boring. I don't know. Overhyped by SOTSG (as usual) imo. While boring, it jumped ahead countless times. Like in the first meeting with the new editor, he just decides this is the story they are gonna do. Ok? How did he decide that? Just shit like that. Movie was interesting, and gave good tips for aspiring diddlers. But overall fell a little flat. Soft recommendation from me.

I perused [/ctz] this today. Not surprisingly Balls is wrong. This was a really good flick. Only thing I didn't like was Keaton's accent. He did a good job with the "aww" sounds, and even nailed "Mundy" at one point. But he didn't drop a single R in the whole damn movie. Do the accent or don't, Batman. None of this half ass shit.

I really can't believe how much kid-fucking these priests got away with. How does Catholicism even still exist? If 6% of the people in your office were getting blown by 12 year olds, do you think the company would survive?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 06 Oct 2017, 06:45

TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:I seen spotlight recently. great performances by everyone, but Michael Keaton and Ruffallo were standouts. Liev Schreiber was solid as well. big minus to how big a role the city of Boston played in the movie but whatchu gonna do?

ctz31 wrote:I watched sotsg-famous Spotlight last evening on JT99's strong rec. It was good. It's a pretty amazing story when you really think about it, that there were that many f*ggot priests. How did the church ever survive that? Sandusky x100. Where were the f'in SJW's back then? A simpler time for diddling I guess.

Anyway, I liked roger sterling, and keaton, and i thought the new editor guy was really good. That one investigator from the other boston movie OF COURSE, where he hits and runs a kid in his car coming home from fenway, just rubs me the wrong way. I dunno. I don't care for his thing. And the chick from Wedding Crashers, is just not hot. Good in this role, but she does nothing for me.

Anyway, I thought it was good to very good. Definitely kept my attention. WORTHY of the buzz! Probably would never watch again, as it's not the kind of film that's rewatchable. But would rec.

I have seen this film also. I probably reviewed it here. I thought it was plodding.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I watched the diddler film, Spotlight. It was pretty good. But boring. I don't know. Overhyped by SOTSG (as usual) imo. While boring, it jumped ahead countless times. Like in the first meeting with the new editor, he just decides this is the story they are gonna do. Ok? How did he decide that? Just shit like that. Movie was interesting, and gave good tips for aspiring diddlers. But overall fell a little flat. Soft recommendation from me.

I perused [/ctz] this today. Not surprisingly Balls is wrong. This was a really good flick. Only thing I didn't like was Keaton's accent. He did a good job with the "aww" sounds, and even nailed "Mundy" at one point. But he didn't drop a single R in the whole damn movie. Do the accent or don't, Batman. None of this half ass shit.

I really can't believe how much kid-fucking these priests got away with. How does Catholicism even still exist? If 6% of the people in your office were getting blown by 12 year olds, do you think the company would survive?

It'd probably thrive! /goobis&jer
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby mister bacon » 06 Oct 2017, 08:57

TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

an institution using the cover of moral authority to cover up rampant abuse of people? my god who could ever have seen that coming?

oh wait

2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Oct 2017, 09:21

chrisco wrote:

To no one's surprise probably, Blade Runner is one of my favorites. Checks all the boxes for me. Sci-fi/fantasy, a little mystery (around whether Dr Jones is a replicant or not), complete confusion on what you're even watching the first time you see it.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 09 Oct 2017, 09:24

Briandong79 wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Ha, the Coen Brothers were the one alternative that came to mind for me. (and I couldn't name Deakins, had to lougle)

Fun fact I learned this weekend: Deakins is the cinematographer on Blade Runner 2049!
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Previous

Return to Movies