mister bacon's powerful (...or haunting) film thread

Re: mister bacon's powerful (...or haunting) film thread

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 22 Sep 2017, 09:00

Pretty people appropriating ugly culture. When will Hollywood get woke.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 22 Sep 2017, 09:18

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:odds are the ugly actor is better anyway because they actually had to try hard. the beautiful person is just floating through. #asksomeonewhoknows

<Steve Busciemi nodding>

I can't come up with a female equivalent.... Rebel Wilson because she's fat?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 22 Sep 2017, 09:24

The chick from Misery?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Sep 2017, 09:25

Kathy Bates is a good one. The chick from Mad Men and Handmaid's Tale is pretty homely but she's no Buscemi.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 22 Sep 2017, 09:26

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:The chick from Misery?

ETA:

She hasn't been in as much but she won an Emmy on Justified! ol' Mags Bennett, aka Margo Martindale

about time I binge watch that show again...
Last edited by The Long Dick of the Law on 22 Sep 2017, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Sep 2017, 09:26

TILDA SWINTON!
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 22 Sep 2017, 09:27

Most actresses have to have something going on lookswise (unless fat, always need a fatty somewhere). Even Tilda Swinton looks good occasionally and she's from Saturn.

Um...Emma Thompson?
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 22 Sep 2017, 09:30

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:The chick from Misery?

ETA:

She hasn't been in as much but she won an Emmy on Justified! ol' Mags Bennett, aka Margo Martindale

about time I binge watch that show again...

OH! The woman from Bojack Horseman.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby ctz31 » 22 Sep 2017, 09:34

mister bacon wrote:I seen spotlight recently. great performances by everyone, but Michael Keaton and Ruffallo were standouts. Liev Schreiber was solid as well. big minus to how big a role the city of Boston played in the movie but whatchu gonna do?

less c*ck than i was led to believe, so stay away 31 and ball.

Sorry dude i already peeped this last year.

ctz31 wrote:I watched sotsg-famous Spotlight last evening on JT99's strong rec. It was good. It's a pretty amazing story when you really think about it, that there were that many f*ggot priests. How did the church ever survive that? Sandusky x100. Where were the f'in SJW's back then? A simpler time for diddling I guess.

Anyway, I liked roger sterling, and keaton, and i thought the new editor guy was really good. That one investigator from the other boston movie OF COURSE, where he hits and runs a kid in his car coming home from fenway, just rubs me the wrong way. I dunno. I don't care for his thing. And the chick from Wedding Crashers, is just not hot. Good in this role, but she does nothing for me.

Anyway, I thought it was good to very good. Definitely kept my attention. WORTHY of the buzz! Probably would never watch again, as it's not the kind of film that's rewatchable. But would rec.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Sep 2017, 09:44

ctz31 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:I seen spotlight recently. great performances by everyone, but Michael Keaton and Ruffallo were standouts. Liev Schreiber was solid as well. big minus to how big a role the city of Boston played in the movie but whatchu gonna do?

ctz31 wrote:I watched sotsg-famous Spotlight last evening on JT99's strong rec. It was good. It's a pretty amazing story when you really think about it, that there were that many f*ggot priests. How did the church ever survive that? Sandusky x100. Where were the f'in SJW's back then? A simpler time for diddling I guess.

Anyway, I liked roger sterling, and keaton, and i thought the new editor guy was really good. That one investigator from the other boston movie OF COURSE, where he hits and runs a kid in his car coming home from fenway, just rubs me the wrong way. I dunno. I don't care for his thing. And the chick from Wedding Crashers, is just not hot. Good in this role, but she does nothing for me.

Anyway, I thought it was good to very good. Definitely kept my attention. WORTHY of the buzz! Probably would never watch again, as it's not the kind of film that's rewatchable. But would rec.

I have seen this film also. I probably reviewed it here. I thought it was plodding.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby ctz31 » 22 Sep 2017, 09:47

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

I have seen this film also. I probably reviewed it here. I thought it was plodding.

You did in fact preview it.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I watched the diddler film, Spotlight. It was pretty good. But boring. I don't know. Overhyped by SOTSG (as usual) imo. While boring, it jumped ahead countless times. Like in the first meeting with the new editor, he just decides this is the story they are gonna do. Ok? How did he decide that? Just shit like that. Movie was interesting, and gave good tips for aspiring diddlers. But overall fell a little flat. Soft recommendation from me.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Briandong79 » 05 Oct 2017, 14:18

In honor of the sequel coming out tonight...

What is the SOTSG opinion on Blade Runner?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Oct 2017, 14:23

Briandong79 wrote:In honor of the sequel coming out tonight...

Never seen it. I dont like dumb films.

Why is this coming out tonight? Isnt that a blockbuster type film move? Overestimating the demand much?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 05 Oct 2017, 16:18

Quality flick, though Ridley's Director's Cut when it basically says Deckard is a Replicant (which ruins the whole point of the film, isn't what Ford thought the character should be, and obviously wasn't the original intent since the unicorn dream was footage Scott took from another film he did after Blade Runner). I haven't seen all 30 million different cuts (most have been lost like tears in the rain) but if there's one that's basically the director's cut that leaves out the "Deckard is a secret Replicant" twist but also leaves out the noir Ford voiceover parts, that's the one to watch.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby chrisco » 05 Oct 2017, 19:02

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:

Quality flick, though Ridley's Director's Cut when it basically says Deckard is a Replicant (which ruins the whole point of the film, isn't what Ford thought the character should be, and obviously wasn't the original intent since the unicorn dream was footage Scott took from another film he did after Blade Runner). I haven't seen all 30 million different cuts (most have been lost like tears in the rain) but if there's one that's basically the director's cut that leaves out the "Deckard is a secret Replicant" twist but also leaves out the noir Ford voiceover parts, that's the one to watch.

I've got a rewatch on my to-do list for next week. Thought it would be free on prime but it's $3.99. I'll check Netflix, but there's a 0.1% chance they have a movie that I'd want to watch on there.

To keep this from being my least useful post ever, I remember that I enjoyed this film when I saw it. Felt that the cinematography was gorgeous but the story is slow at times.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to Movies