mister bacon's powerful (...or haunting) film thread

Re: mister bacon's powerful (...or haunting) film thread

Postby mister bacon » 21 Sep 2017, 17:22

I seen spotlight recently. great performances by everyone, but Michael Keaton and Ruffallo were standouts. Liev Schreiber was solid as well. big minus to how big a role the city of Boston played in the movie but whatchu gonna do?

less c*ck than i was led to believe, so stay away 31 and ball.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby mj3528 » 21 Sep 2017, 17:24

mister bacon wrote:I seen spotlight recently. great performances by everyone, but Michael Keaton and Ruffallo were standouts. Liev Schreiber was solid as well. big minus to how big a role the city of Boston played in the movie but whatchu gonna do?

I watched this last year, and I just thought there was nothing outstanding about it. It just sort of moved along. Also, they should not be allowed to make Rachel McAdams look as unattractive as they did in that movie.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby mister bacon » 21 Sep 2017, 18:01

mj3528 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:I seen spotlight recently. great performances by everyone, but Michael Keaton and Ruffallo were standouts. Liev Schreiber was solid as well. big minus to how big a role the city of Boston played in the movie but whatchu gonna do?

I watched this last year, and I just thought there was nothing outstanding about it. It just sort of moved along. Also, they should not be allowed to make Rachel McAdams look as unattractive as they did in that movie.

she was playing a woman from boston so they had to shoot her to make it look like she's ugly enough to have to live there.

visually there was nothing particularly striking about the film. i wasn't expecting it to look as good as moonlight but they could've done a lot more to make it look interesting.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JT99 » 21 Sep 2017, 23:22

Ruffallo was really, really good, imo.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby mister bacon » 22 Sep 2017, 07:15

JT99 wrote:

Ruffallo was really, really good, imo.

yeah his performance was outstanding. his performances always stick with me. good actor.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 22 Sep 2017, 07:19

Nobody circles the wagons better.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Sep 2017, 07:38

mister bacon wrote:she was playing a woman from boston so they had to shoot her to make it look like she's ugly enough to have to live there.

JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 22 Sep 2017, 07:51

Spotlight was a very good movie that stole Fury Road's rightful best picture Oscar. Still very good though.

Thought Ruffalo really only had the one scene though, and I blow Keaton as much as any Batman fanboy, but Liev was the glue for me.

Spotlight power rankings
1. Liev
2. McAdams
3. Ruffalo
4. Keaton
5. The shrink on speaker
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mister bacon » 22 Sep 2017, 08:21

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Spotlight was a very good movie that stole Fury Road's rightful best picture Oscar. Still very good though.

Thought Ruffalo really only had the one scene though, and I blow Keaton as much as any Batman fanboy, but Liev was the glue for me.

Spotlight power rankings
1. Liev
2. McAdams
3. Ruffalo
4. Keaton
5. The shrink on speaker

Schreiber will always be Sabertooth to me so every time I see him in a "powerful" role I expect him to jump on a desk and rip someone's throat out.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby the cheese » 22 Sep 2017, 08:22

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Spotlight was a very good movie that stole Fury Road's rightful best picture Oscar. Still very good though.

Spotlight power rankings
1. Liev
2. McAdams
3. Ruffalo
4. Keaton
5. The shrink on speaker

McAdams is also 39.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 22 Sep 2017, 08:26

SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:she was playing a woman from boston so they had to shoot her to make it look like she's ugly enough to have to live there.

So they didn't do a Blake Lively in the Town where she's Boston trashy but you'd still fuck her?

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Sep 2017, 08:33

You've hit on one of many reasons why suspending disbelief is impossible when watching The Town
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 22 Sep 2017, 08:38

SouthernYokel wrote:You've hit on one of many reasons why suspending disbelief is impossible when watching The Town

I'm all for the "don't make hot chicks ugly for 'art'" with exhibit A being Charlize Theron in Monster. Her being nominated, let alone winning, an Oscar for that set a worse precedent than Dred Scott (x-post ogie)

The Arrested Development cut away joke with her image from that is the only good that ever came from that movie.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Sep 2017, 08:40

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:You've hit on one of many reasons why suspending disbelief is impossible when watching The Town

I'm all for the "don't make hot chicks ugly for 'art'" with exhibit A being Charlize Theron in Monster. Her being nominated, let alone winning, an Oscar for that set a worse precedent than Dred Scott (x-post ogie)

The Arrested Development cut away joke with her image from that is the only good that ever came from that movie.

oh for sure, if you want a character who is ugly, you should hire an ugly actor. why put a ton of makeup on an attractive person to make them ugly? odds are the ugly actor is better anyway because they actually had to try hard. the beautiful person is just floating through. #asksomeonewhoknows
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 22 Sep 2017, 08:49

SouthernYokel wrote:odds are the ugly actor is better anyway because they actually had to try hard. the beautiful person is just floating through. #asksomeonewhoknows

<Steve Busciemi nodding>
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to Movies